Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cotto and Stewart rate his performance

Go down 
+5
marbleheadmaui
captainanddew
dmar5143
timthebim
Mightytitan5
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 am

captainanddew wrote:
Cotto doesn't need to get close to land a body shot. Kermit is sure to just jump out of the ring.

NOTE: I do not believe that garbage that people were spewing all over message boards after the PW vs. Cintron debacle. I had to use the line though. It was set up perfectly.

LOL. Kermit "Superman" Cintron?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 am

I dont think 154 bodes well for Cotto

Yuri was bouncing around and Cotto wasnt really cutting the ring off, till that slip, Foreman was going to go deep with Cotto IMO and probably the distance if taht slip doesnt happen

If Paul Williams is smart and can drop to 154 , he needs starts saying Cottos name like crazy right know, making Cotto decide if he wants to stick around at the weight class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:40 am

more like LeapFrog.

I've been thinking for a while and the thing that impressed me most about Cotto is...he's still the same fighter, just with minor improvements. That may be good or bad for his career, but it's a testament to his character. Usually guys who go through brutal wars like he did become more cautious or hesitant. I fully expected that and picked him to lose.

It's easy to pick apart Cotto's flaws because he got worked by two separate fighter's with two different styles recently. The biggest thing about his and Stewart's performance is that they reminded me that Cotto's a great fighter, not washed up. He's a major player in boxing.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 am

lets "b real" its easy to pick apart Cottos flaws, cause for a great fighter, he has a lot of them
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 am

Cotto has flaws. He and PW are similar to me in that both have more flaws than other top 10 P4P fighters (not arguing Cotto is still there as he isn't, but was previously). Both have more technical issues and are easier to hit.

But if you look at the top 25-30 P4P fighters in the world, there is other guys like Cotto and PW who have technical issues. There are also other fighters that are a bit easier to hit than they should be.

so yeah, he is flawed. To me, it is a testament to Cotto and PW that they ever made top 10 P4P status (and deservedly so). Both guys have a pretty strong will to win and take on challenges. If some of the better technical fighters had the same love for challenging themselves, like Cotto, boxing would be a better sport.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:18 am

I liked a lot of things Cotto was doing, his jab was very effective when he used it, and he kept his gloves up to protect his face, which never had a major cut during the fight. My only criticism is, he didn't go to Foreman's body enough, and when he finally did, it ended the fight.

BTW, Cotto was winning the fight and busting Foreman up before he started having problems with his knee/balance.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:05 pm

I want Cotto vs Rhodes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:17 pm

kbyte wrote:
I want Cotto vs Rhodes...

Very unlikely, Rhodes only hope is the WBC order an eliminator between him and Margarito.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cotto and Stewart rate his performance   Cotto and Stewart rate his performance - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cotto and Stewart rate his performance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2