Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”

Go down 
+5
LA
Wolfgangsta
NoRegret
OU
Primetyme199
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” Empty
PostSubject: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 am

Speaking via the Los Angeles Times, Jackson said:

“Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft. You got all these people combing your hair and putting a coat over your shoulders when you’re cold. I don’t want a coat over my shoulders! I’m a tough-ass [individual]!”

“Vancouver strikes me as a San Francisco-kind of place. And I don’t want [individuals] getting ideas about me. I feel in my heart I’m the toughest [individual] on the planet. And I don’t want nothing changing my train of thought. If you don’t believe that when we step inside the octagon, it shows.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 am

Sounds like somebody has secret issues to deal with.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” Men-on-film
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” Men-on-film

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Oh that's great
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Rampage isnt even a top 5 LHW anymore IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Barely eeking out a decision off Jardine, who is half the fighter we thought he was a year ago after being KO'd by rising contenders in two straight fights has lost a lot of luster, and that fight was over a year ago.

I like quality activity to stay highly ranked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Rampage could still beat every fighter in the top 10 but Shogun and Machida
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:13 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:46 pm

King Mo would do what Rashad did and worse.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
King Mo would do what Rashad did and worse.

Couldn't disagree more, Rashad's speed and movement are something Mo lacks IMO. I will respectfully disagree. I would love to find out.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Mo looked to be as fast as Gegard Mousasi.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mo looked to be as fast as Gegard Mousasi.

I wasn't impressed by either guy that fight. I didn't like Mo's movement on the feet. I don't think his game has evolved the way Evans has(but that is understandable). I think eventually yes, Mo could do that to Rampage. I just don't think his game is polished enough right now to pull it off. Again, I could be wrong on this. I just don't see Mo being able to do it right now.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 pm

All of Page's wins in the UFC have recieved heavy tarnish, Chuck and Wandy are shell's of their former sevles, Hendo wasn't better suited to 185, and recently got wrecked by a non ufcer, Never thought much of Jardine myself. Add in the fact that Forrest has fallen on some hard times of late as well and I personally need to reassess my once very high p4p regard of Page.

Seems to me that he rose to the top of the 205 div in that brackish period of time where the older legends were falling off, while the younger crew was not quite ready.

as far as Mo goes, the tools are there, but he needs to show better stamina before I pick him vs Page. Could a tired Mo take down Page late in a fight? I'm skeptical.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I think the following LHW's would beat Page:

Shogun
Rashad
Machida
Mousasi
Lil Nog

borderline guys include

Prince Mo
Forrest Griffin
Jason Brilz
Wanderlei Silva
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Two of those guys aren't even in the UFC and 1 of them isn't even in the same weight class
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:08 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Rampage could still beat every fighter in the top 10 but Shogun and Machida

I don't see Page beating Bones,Mousasi,Mo,Bader and Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 am

Not sure Bader could avoid the firefight. I love Nog but if he stands infront of Page as he did Brilz it's over. Rashad may be the better fighter, but this is still Rampage, lets not sell him too short.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 am

I think this is another classic example of people getting carried away after a fight. People tend to give the winner too much props and the loser too much shit. Same thing happened after Shogun vs Machida. You had people overreacting saying Machida should go to MW and Shogun became a god. Rampage is still a top fighter, he can still beat just about anyone including Rashad. Rashad's chin is still somewhat questionable IMO, his stamina though helps him out there.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Two of those guys aren't even in the UFC and 1 of them isn't even in the same weight class

Did I say I was holding it strictly to UFC guys? NO

And Wanderlei could fight 205 if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I think this is another classic example of people getting carried away after a fight. People tend to give the winner too much props and the loser too much shit. Same thing happened after Shogun vs Machida. You had people overreacting saying Machida should go to MW and Shogun became a god. Rampage is still a top fighter, he can still beat just about anyone including Rashad. Rashad's chin is still somewhat questionable IMO, his stamina though helps him out there.

So Rampage looked good to you? He got rocked the very first time he got hit in the fight. His grappling and power must be overrated because Rashad basically took him down when he felt like it and pinned him against the cage almost the entire fight.

Rampage looked slow as hell in that fight. It was like the rabbit vs. the turtle, except this time the rabbit didnt fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

So Rampage looked good to you? He got rocked the very first time he got hit in the fight. His grappling and power must be overrated because Rashad basically took him down when he felt like it and pinned him against the cage almost the entire fight.

Rampage looked slow as hell in that fight. It was like the rabbit vs. the turtle, except this time the rabbit didnt fall asleep.

He looked better in the 3rd when he almost finished Rashad. Do you think ring rust played any factor? I think it had something to do with it. I just think it is funny how fast people write fighters off. Rampage looked out of shape and rusty IMO. Rashad was quicker, smarter and better prepared. Rashad took him down when he felt like it? I think Rampage stuffed a good handful of takedown attempts.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

He looked better in the 3rd when he almost finished Rashad. Do you think ring rust played any factor? I think it had something to do with it. I just think it is funny how fast people write fighters off. Rampage looked out of shape and rusty IMO. Rashad was quicker, smarter and better prepared. Rashad took him down when he felt like it? I think Rampage stuffed a good handful of takedown attempts.

Ring rust or not. The guy says he's in the best shape of his life...why shouldnt we believe him? What...is he going to turn into a Tito Ortiz now and say he's in the best shape ever for each fight he goes into and then make an excuse after he loses?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 am

So you think Rampage is just done? He has no buisness being in there with top guys anymore? Is that what you are telling me?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:56 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
So you think Rampage is just done? He has no buisness being in there with top guys anymore? Is that what you are telling me?

I think he can give anyone a good fight and has a punchers chance with anyone...but for the most part, I dont see him beating too many top LHW's anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”   Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft” Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage: “Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft”
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next