Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride

Go down 
+4
josh200612
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
Subzero1983
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride Empty
PostSubject: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Do u guys think he was a better fighter then or now?I know most people say now,but i say the rampage of pride is better.Mainly becuase of the style he chooses to fight now,instead of what his real strength is(wrestling,GnP).I do think his skills are actually better now than when he was in pride,but he doesnt use his wrestling offensively anymore.I think he wants to have any chance against Machida he'll need to go back to his wrestling.Even if he cant get the takedowns,just to at least make Lyoto think about it(same mistake BJ made against Edgar IMO).
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Pretty good question. I think over time each side of it has developed unique pros and cons. If I assume to separate two points in his career by say at least five years, then I say the UFC version because of experience. He was more raw and visceral early but that was to his detriment also. On the other side the more violent Rampage that we have seen less and less of is also of little benefit to him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

its not even close

then

he is an old head hunter who learned cardio a day too late
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 pm

what are you talking about bird? he has had cardio for a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:14 pm

excuse me meant training , and honestly he gassed alot before he started training hard
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Even with his diminishing usage of wrestling I think he is much more dangerous now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 pm

idk im in love with the rampage of pride more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

I think Rampage from 2 years ago was Prime Rampage.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:55 pm

The Rampage that falls in the middle (Chuck II/Hendo)
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:21 pm

b has a point cause i love the hendo fight.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Page of today would destroy the Page of pride imo.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Page with something to prove, with his heart in it always wins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride   Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage of today vs Rampage of pride
Page 1 of 1