Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst sport movies ever

Go down 
+6
LA
MMAEYES
r3dman7630
killerofchicken
OU
LTFG
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Teen Wolf is fuckin awesome

Alright Bobbitt... If you say so then it must be... Wink

If you don't think a movie where they play the same clip of someone going behind the back on a layup about 5 times isn't awesome then I can't help you Cool
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I heard that the sequel was the very rare case that was even better than the first!!! I'm adding it to my Blockbuster queue as we speak. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Fine in the sense that you should take them for what they are, and not try to make them out to be something they are not. When I'm thinking worst sports movies ever, I'm looking at movies that were attepting to be serious, in that sense Blue Chips, The Babe and The Fan would be spot on. Not movies that were never meant to be serious in anyway. Get off your high horse Debby Downer.

Yes Chaddyshack 2 sucked balls, same with the Rocky movies after IV

Yeah, we have different ideas on what qualifies as quality entertainment... Shocking. Quality comedies involve arm pit farts, bong humor and repetitive noises or dialogue in your opinion. Whereas I look for a witty script, good acting, a fresh concept on occasion and comedic timing... Sports movie or not. It's not a matter of taking them seriously, but rather enjoying them or not for "what they are". It's like the difference between Something About Mary and Stepbrothers... You either have to be really stoned, really stupid, really juvenile or any combination of the above to enjoy most of the movies I mentioned...

And if it's not a sports comedy, but rather a sports drama, then there is no, "Take it for what it is" latitude. They all are meant to be taken seriously.

Grow up a little, Simpleton Stoner...

The classic LTFG "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else" post, you know you can be intelligent and like movies such as Something About Mary right?

LTFG must be fun at a party Sleep

Is it intentional that you act this stupid?I laid out a perfectly reasoned post about what constitutes quality movie making and all you can add is... "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else". Nothing else? My God kid, the fact that you can't get farther than 20 feet from your little green baggie without feeling like you've left a child on a strangers doorstep is the least of your issues.

Again backing up what I said, all this guy can do is resort to stoner insults, I just read a post in another thread where you tell Mantis to post when he "sobers up" you're pathetic man, LOL.

LTGF is the old man on the block that takes the little kids ball if it goes in his yard
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

whats next LA you gonna take a dump on Slam Dunk Ernest?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

What? that makes no sense at all in the context of the thread
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Waterboy and Happy Gilmore are both classics! How dare you! SHAME!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

oggy420 wrote:

LTFG doesn't like Sandler. I have both movies listed in my favs.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:41 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I know im just an idiot I thought you were the one saying the movies i liked sucked, it was LTFguy I think
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Happy Gilmore is obviously legendary but Waterboy sucked. Actually, literally everything Sandler has done since HG has sucked with the exception of maybe one thing
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm

yea im not cool with the Stoner shots either. Just because you are a sober steve doesn't give you the right to criticize others lifestyles. We all have our vices and im sure you are no different LTFG.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm

I think the age gap would explain the different taste in movies. I understand where LTFG is coming from. I wouldn't expect him to share the same exact same humor as me.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

But here's the thing, you can be a very intelligent person and like whitty clever comedies just as much as you can like these so-called "Stupid, juvenile, imbecilic" comedies. Some people are too closed minded to understand that.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:53 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Fine in the sense that you should take them for what they are, and not try to make them out to be something they are not. When I'm thinking worst sports movies ever, I'm looking at movies that were attepting to be serious, in that sense Blue Chips, The Babe and The Fan would be spot on. Not movies that were never meant to be serious in anyway. Get off your high horse Debby Downer.

Yeah, we have different ideas on what qualifies as quality entertainment... Shocking. Quality comedies involve arm pit farts, bong humor and repetitive noises or dialogue in your opinion. Whereas I look for a witty script, good acting, a fresh concept on occasion and comedic timing... Sports movie or not. It's not a matter of taking them seriously, but rather enjoying them or not for "what they are". It's like the difference between Something About Mary and Stepbrothers... You either have to be really stoned, really stupid, really juvenile or any combination of the above to enjoy most of the movies I mentioned...

And if it's not a sports comedy, but rather a sports drama, then there is no, "Take it for what it is" latitude. They all are meant to be taken seriously.

The classic LTFG "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else" post, you know you can be intelligent and like movies such as Something About Mary right?

Is it intentional that you act this stupid?I laid out a perfectly reasoned post about what constitutes quality movie making and all you can add is... "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else". Nothing else? My God kid, the fact that you can't get farther than 20 feet from your little green baggie without feeling like you've left a child on a strangers doorstep is the least of your issues.

Again backing up what I said, all this guy can do is resort to stoner insults, I just read a post in another thread where you tell Mantis to post when he "sobers up" you're pathetic man, LOL.

LTGF is the old man on the block that takes the little kids ball if it goes in his yard

You've used that weak old man take before LA... Google up a new one kiddo...

If you're speaking of GolbeZ, I barely know him from the newest member here. But I have to assume that if he got what he said he got from what I typed, he must have been under the influence of something. Notice he didn't go find it and correct me? And since when does asking someone to sober up mean get off the drugs? Do you have a complex about your insatiable thirst for the sticky green? A little paranoid are you?

Now back to the first post... I told you my opinion of what makes for good, quality movie making, yet you took one sentence and accused me of having nothing but stoner insults? Again, are you really this stupid? You even fucked up the comparison between Stepbrothers and Something About Mary, dipshit...

BTW - I give a stoner insult in many of my posts to you because it's both easy and fitting. I really think that it's affecting your ability to think straight. I can't for the life of me think you've always been like this. And like I told Sooners... I get along with everyone here most of the time but you. For some reason you find it necessary to criticize my posts and threads without actually adding any input to them... Why is it that you have apparently decided to make an enemy of me if I might ask?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
But here's the thing, you can be a very intelligent person and like whitty clever comedies just as much as you can like these so-called "Stupid, juvenile, imbecilic" comedies. Some people are too closed minded to understand that.

Yeah I know, but I also understand that isn't everyone's cup of tea. I for one can't stand horror movies. I find no entertainment in them whatsoever. I don't really understand what people see in them, but then again that just isn't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:55 pm

LTFG needs to smoke a joint and relax lol
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

LTFG doesn't like Sandler. I have both movies listed in my favs.

He's a pretty horrid actor and all his characters are pretty much the same... I can laugh at the occasional Sandler bit or enjoy about 10 minutes of a movie, but he wears on me really fast. I get that he's popular because he appeals to that middle school through college crowd...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I know im just an idiot I thought you were the one saying the movies i liked sucked, it was LTFguy I think

All of the movies I listed were in the first post. If it offends you that I don't like what you like I'm sorry. We all have differing opinions though, right? Childish humor isn't my bag, pretty obviosu I think. I was just inviting others to add movies they don't like... Looks like many chose not to participate?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:58 pm

yea i know from past conversations we have a pretty different taste in... well just about everything. It's cool though, to each his own.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm

oggy420 wrote:
yea im not cool with the Stoner shots either. Just because you are a sober steve doesn't give you the right to criticize others lifestyles. We all have our vices and im sure you are no different LTFG.

My vice is hanging out here with you guys... Oggy, when have I ever poked at you for being a smoker?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:05 pm

never. I just don't like it when people criticize something i feel strongly about. It's funny, for about 5-6 years my sister has been on my case about smoking, she preferred to go out and get black out drunk and that was perfectly fine though. Now the other day she told me that since she's been in college she has smoked a couple times and really enjoyed it. I had to give her an "i told you so" lol.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

When and if you grow up, you'll see that these types of movies will appeal to you in a much different way. We come from a much different era... I didn't have Date Movie, Step Brothers, Waterboy and the like to see. The closest thing in my era was Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Airplane (As far as movies with a low maturity level). Which all still have a ton of comedy genius to them, but aren't wehat they were when I saw them by a long shot. Am I close minded?... Sure I suppose to a point on many subjects. But I don't know anyone who isn't or anyone my age who hasn't gotten to be moreso over time and on a wider variety of subjects.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:06 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

You've used that weak old man take before LA... Google up a new one kiddo...

If you're speaking of GolbeZ, I barely know him from the newest member here. But I have to assume that if he got what he said he got from what I typed, he must have been under the influence of something. Notice he didn't go find it and correct me? And since when does asking someone to sober up mean get off the drugs? Do you have a complex about your insatiable thirst for the sticky green? A little paranoid are you?

Now back to the first post... I told you my opinion of what makes for good, quality movie making, yet you took one sentence and accused me of having nothing but stoner insults? Again, are you really this stupid? You even fucked up the comparison between Stepbrothers and Something About Mary, dipshit...

BTW - I give a stoner insult in many of my posts to you because it's both easy and fitting. I really think that it's affecting your ability to think straight. I can't for the life of me think you've always been like this. And like I told Sooners... I get along with everyone here most of the time but you. For some reason you find it necessary to criticize my posts and threads without actually adding any input to them... Why is it that you have apparently decided to make an enemy of me if I might ask?

Blah blah blah, smoke another joint, blah blah blah, weed is affecting your ability to think clearly, blah blah blah.......

Don't add input on them? put your reading glasses on, and start from the beginning of the thread.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:09 pm

lol reading glasses
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:09 pm

oggy420 wrote:
LTFG needs to smoke a joint and relax lol

I'm an old man... A good book, some classic rock and the wife going reverse cowgirl does the same with no side effects... Wink
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:10 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

When and if you grow up, you'll see that these types of movies will appeal to you in a much different way. We come from a much different era... I didn't have Date Movie, Step Brothers, Waterboy and the like to see. The closest thing in my era was Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Airplane (As far as movies with a low maturity level). Which all still have a ton of comedy genius to them, but aren't wehat they were when I saw them by a long shot. Am I close minded?... Sure I suppose to a point on many subjects. But I don't know anyone who isn't or anyone my age who hasn't gotten to be moreso over time and on a wider variety of subjects.

Sorry man, but some people aren't soo closed minded, a good friend of mine, mentor really, is a College Professor, he teaches Biochemistry, and we joke all the time about the t.v. show Community, which is clever, but what you would constitute as toilet humor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst sport movies ever
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next