Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst sport movies ever

Go down 
+6
LA
MMAEYES
r3dman7630
killerofchicken
OU
LTFG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Worst sport movies ever Empty
PostSubject: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:26 pm

The best of thread got me to thinking about some of the worst I've seen in this category. I've seen a lot of crap, and there's many that I didn't waste my time with (Benchwarmers, Juwanna Man, Ed, Kicking & Screaming, any Air Buds, Eddie, Baseketball, etc.) due to having a fully functioning brain.

Necessary Roughness (Painfully stupid)
Ladybugs (Rodney only did a couple of memorable roles, this one for the wrong reasons)
Any Rocky after 4, and 4 was close to making the list (They were awful)
Teen Wolf (And I think there were more than 1?) was as stupid as it gets.
Blue Chips (Absolutely horrid)
Waterboy (Okay it's Sandler, but that's no excuse in sports movies)
Happy Gilmore (See above)
The Fan (DeNiro should be embarrassed by this mess)
Caddyshack 2 (This one should have been killed after the first script reading)
The Babe (Just terrible)
Angel's In The Outfield (I try to have patience for sports "comedies", but most are awful)
The Mighty Ducks (One was horrible, never wasted time on the sequels)
Mr. 3000 (Loved Bernie, but this movie was just awful)
Johnny Be Good (I'm running out of adjectives to describe how bad these are)
Any Major League after the first was a total waste...

Any others?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Never Surender if that counts is one of the worst movies ever made.
The Next Karate Kid
The newest Karate Kid will be sure to make this list.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Goal 2!!!!!!!!!! if you're a soccer/footbal fan this movie is shit! omfg it made me mad
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Bend it like Becham
Shaolin Soccer or something like dat???
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Do we consider driving a sport? If so, I think we have to add Days Of Thunder (NASCAR Top Gun) and that Formula 1 movie with Stallone... Shit, can't remember what it was called but it was atrocious!!!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:22 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

The people behind the new Karate Kid make me mad. Do they think that we're all stupid? That we don't know that there is a deference between Karate and Kung Fu? You want to remake KARATE kid maybe it should be about a kid that learns KARATE you dumb fucks! Not keep the name and make it about a kid that competes in Kung Fu! That so fucking dumb!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm gonna write the remake of the movie Kickboxer and it's gonna be about a guy starting his boxing career. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:25 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

The people behind the new Karate Kid make me mad. Do they think that we're all stupid? That we don't know that there is a deference between Karate and Kung Fu? You want to remake KARATE kid maybe it should be about a kid that learns KARATE you dumb fucks! Not keep the name and make it about a kid that competes in Kung Fu! That so fucking dumb!

Yeah and they are now in China not Japan.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Some of those movies are fine and were never trying to be great sports movies in the classic sense at all.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Define fine... Stupid, juvenile, imbecilic humor with a poor script and bad acting is fine? You go from Rocky and gradually slide in reverse to Rocky Balboa and that's fine? You have an amazing work like Caddyshack and follow it up with that pile of shit sequel, and it's fine? Sports dramas aren't meant to just be fine, so it's easy to rip on those. Sports comedies get a little leway... But when the humor only appeals to middle school aged kids and those that are much older that share the same mentality, has God awful acting and a ridiculous story... You have to call it for what it is... A piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Fine in the sense that you should take them for what they are, and not try to make them out to be something they are not. When I'm thinking worst sports movies ever, I'm looking at movies that were attepting to be serious, in that sense Blue Chips, The Babe and The Fan would be spot on. Not movies that were never meant to be serious in anyway. Get off your high horse Debby Downer.

Yes Chaddyshack 2 sucked balls, same with the Rocky movies after IV
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Do we consider driving a sport? If so, I think we have to add Days Of Thunder (NASCAR Top Gun) and that Formula 1 movie with Stallone... Shit, can't remember what it was called but it was atrocious!!!

It's called Drive and yes it was awful.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:59 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Fine in the sense that you should take them for what they are, and not try to make them out to be something they are not. When I'm thinking worst sports movies ever, I'm looking at movies that were attepting to be serious, in that sense Blue Chips, The Babe and The Fan would be spot on. Not movies that were never meant to be serious in anyway. Get off your high horse Debby Downer.

Yeah, we have different ideas on what qualifies as quality entertainment... Shocking. Quality comedies involve arm pit farts, bong humor and repetitive noises or dialogue in your opinion. Whereas I look for a witty script, good acting, a fresh concept on occasion and comedic timing... Sports movie or not. It's not a matter of taking them seriously, but rather enjoying them or not for "what they are". It's like the difference between Something About Mary and Stepbrothers... You either have to be really stoned, really stupid, really juvenile or any combination of the above to enjoy most of the movies I mentioned...

And if it's not a sports comedy, but rather a sports drama, then there is no, "Take it for what it is" latitude. They all are meant to be taken seriously.

Grow up a little, Simpleton Stoner...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

It's called Drive and yes it was awful.

Doesn't sound right, hang on, gotta Google... Driven!!! You were close, but yes that movie was freaking horrible on every level.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Yeah, we have different ideas on what qualifies as quality entertainment... Shocking. Quality comedies involve arm pit farts, bong humor and repetitive noises or dialogue in your opinion. Whereas I look for a witty script, good acting, a fresh concept on occasion and comedic timing... Sports movie or not. It's not a matter of taking them seriously, but rather enjoying them or not for "what they are". It's like the difference between Something About Mary and Stepbrothers... You either have to be really stoned, really stupid, really juvenile or any combination of the above to enjoy most of the movies I mentioned...

And if it's not a sports comedy, but rather a sports drama, then there is no, "Take it for what it is" latitude. They all are meant to be taken seriously.

The classic LTFG "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else" post, you know you can be intelligent and like movies such as Something About Mary right?

LTFG must be fun at a party Sleep

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Mon May 24, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Teen Wolf is fuckin awesome
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:16 pm

I don't really understand where or when the LTFG-LA feud started. As far as I know LTFG has never directly called me a stoner although I'm sure he is aware I share the same hobby as LA.
Can't we all just get along and sing by the campfire?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Pass the peace pipe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:24 pm

well Ladybugs, Blue Chips, Necessary Roughness, Gilmore and The Fan I liked
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

The classic LTFG "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else" post, you know you can be intelligent and like movies such as Something About Mary right?

LTFG must be fun at a party Sleep

Is it intentional that you act this stupid?I laid out a perfectly reasoned post about what constitutes quality movie making and all you can add is... "I'm going to resort to Stoner insults because I have nothing else". Nothing else? My God kid, the fact that you can't get farther than 20 feet from your little green baggie without feeling like you've left a child on a strangers doorstep is the least of your issues.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Teen Wolf is fuckin awesome

Alright Bobbitt... If you say so then it must be... Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:47 pm

I was a little kid when I saw Teen Wolf so I don't remember how good it really was. I liked it back then but I seriously doubt I could watch it today.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I don't really understand where or when the LTFG-LA feud started. As far as I know LTFG has never directly called me a stoner although I'm sure he is aware I share the same hobby as LA.
Can't we all just get along and sing by the campfire?

Sooners... I don't judge people based on their "hobbies". Just like the rest of you, I get an opinion of a person based on what they have to say, what they do, how they go about it, etc. I know a few of you like the lettuce and that's your thing I suppose. But most of you carry yourselves right, have intelligent opinions for the most part and don't act like imbecile's. I didn't have an issue with LA until a few months back when he decided to take me to task about my opinions on subjects rather than adding his own in threads, and it really hasn't stopped since. Just like here... He didn't add his own to the list, but rather started in on me. In another thread the same day chose to jump on me about Tiger and PED's rather than adding why he thinks it's an improbability. When he adds input, I have no issue with the kid. And I only poke at his "hobby" because it seems to be about half of his topic and thought process and I can only assume that over usage must somehow play a big part in him being the way he is... Pretty simple really. I mean we all know his pursuit of a medical marijuana card is currently derailing his pursuit of a medical career... That's just not right.

I'm good with most here Sooners... And I'd be fine with LA if he'd grow up a bit...

I'll bring the smores and dogs for the sing a long... Wink
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I was a little kid when I saw Teen Wolf so I don't remember how good it really was. I liked it back then but I seriously doubt I could watch it today.

My point exactly on some of my choices... If you're young and watch them and they seem entertaining, that's one thing. But if you watch them as a sober adult and you think that any of them is quality film making with good acting and an original script... You might want to stop and take a look in the mirror for a second...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:04 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

My point exactly on some of my choices... If you're young and watch them and they seem entertaining, that's one thing. But if you watch them as a sober adult and you think that any of them is quality film making with good acting and an original script... You might want to stop and take a look in the mirror for a second...

Yeah I get what you mean. Some of my personal favs include Friday Night Lights, Remember The Titans and Hoosiers. All true stories and all movies I think anyone who enjoys sports movies can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst sport movies ever   Worst sport movies ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst sport movies ever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next