Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ talks Dana White..from his book

Go down 
+2
MMAEYES
acccardinal12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

BJ talks Dana White..from his book Empty
PostSubject: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/20/1433195/quote-of-the-day-bj-penn-tells-an

I belive it all. I also voted on who would win in the rematch between BJ and Frankie at 118 on Bloody Elobow and out of 3500 votes like 3250 voted BJ would win. lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Man Kings brought that to my attention the other day. White said 90% of his book was BS. LOL and 100% of what Dana says is BS so.... I'm believing BJ
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Man Kings brought that to my attention the other day. White said 90% of his book was BS. LOL and 100% of what Dana says is BS so.... I'm believing BJ

no doubt. Now I know why DW said that last week.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:29 pm

ehhh I bet half the shit in the book isn't true.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I don't care who you are, my boss, some randum dude, hell even my pops. If you start mutha fuckering me you better be able to kick my ass. And even if you can I'll make you prove it.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 pm

I believe BJ all the way. It would be one thing if this was the only example of Dana doing this shit but it isn't. Hell all the UFC homers blame Fedor and M1 for not being in the UFC. While M1 are a bunch of crooks now, back when PRIDE was bought Dana tried to strong arm Fedor. He low balled him. He shot off his mouth, and now that relationship is permanently ruined.

Honestly I don't understand why Dana is so popular or even why he still has a job. The UFC has become successful in spite of Dana White. He opposed TUF and TUF is the sole reason why Zuffa still owns the UFC. They were losing cash left and right and TUF saved them.

One day I think Dana's business practices will come back to haunt him. I've been saying this for a while but one day it'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm

BJ wouldnt make this shit up

Sounds exactly like Dana
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:11 pm

OK. Let us assume this entire thing (I only read the link portion so far, not the book, but I will) is true and BJ didn't misquote anything. Now here I am, already knowing DW can fly off the handle, say stupid shit, and get extremely passionate (for good or bad) as I walk into to negotiate as or for a fighter, right? You have got to be prepared to deal with some of the horseshit, threats and insults you are bound to hear.

Therefore, already having dealt with Dana on multiple contracts and over the telephone and what have not, none of this should have surprised BJ. He should have known what was coming, and therefore I think he is probably amalgamated multiple arguments into one cohesive story where he can bad mouth Dana a little bit and get some props from the anti-Dana faction, while seeming more reasonable than he probably is. Because with no offense to BJ's fans here, all I can say is he is not very well respected within the industry for how he has treated some of his fellow martial artist, mixed or traditional in the past.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 pm

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/30465129/bj-penn-why-i-fight.htm

So now BJ is saying he was forced to write the book? WTF? All these interviews where he says "I just wanted people to hear it from the horses mouth, show the people the mind of a mma fighter" now it's "I didn't really want to write the book I was forced" and not mention who forced him or why. Now I'm really confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ talks Dana White..from his book   BJ talks Dana White..from his book Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ talks Dana White..from his book
Page 1 of 1