Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Wonder if StrikeForce........

Go down 
+4
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
ohiovol62
Birdofthad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

I Wonder if StrikeForce........ Empty
PostSubject: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:22 am

Is rethinking sellin Grim vs Overeem after the Brawl

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 am

Honestly I'd be worried more about Reem doing something stupid than Grim
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 am

I don't see the correlation.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:58 am

captain organic wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 am

I don't see what you're going for either
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Do either of them have a history of doing dumb shit?

Grim called out Brock and got in his face or something along those lines. Then they had an internet blog war.

Overeem fought a handful of bouncers when they jumped his brother.... or that is the story I heard.

Neither have anything close to those dumb fucking Diaz brothers.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm

One of them will be sleeping during post fight interviews so i would not worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 pm

captain organic wrote:

StrikeForce is trying to sell a product

a brawl came off making their product look like amateur hour

do they want to continue with an amateur hour heavyweight title fight for their belt? Or put the title on ice until Fedor and Overeem can fight so that their belt will actually have legitimacy
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm

My correlation is this fight will only get negative press, do they want more negative press after last saturday?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:33 pm

I don't see why it will get negative press. Only elitist fans are butthurt because they don't think Rogers should get the shot but i would not consider that negative press since all those people are still going to watch the card and the are truly a small segment of the audience. Other than that, there is nothing amatuer about Overeem vs. Rogers.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

except for the fact that Rogers just got knocked out by the number 1 contendor and is know getting a title shot
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Grim Overeem is locked in. Less then a month away. Bailing now would be an amateaur knee jerk reaction, for reasons totally unrelated to the brawl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 pm

The brawl was a lesson for Strikeforce, I am sure they've all learned their lesson. I don't see how Grim vs Overeem will get bad press, everybody loves a good Heavyweight knockout.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm

The only people who think brawls hurt publicity or are negative ask the question "does it hurt them, is it negative?" and they are rare, and usually hardcore followers who are locked into the persecution complex MMA fans have.

This is a great chance for anti-Strikeforce haters and the UFC marketing machine though to fire pot shots at the entire promotion with all the busch league talk. As if the UFC doesn't play with this fire every time they bring in Rashad to face off Rampage, Brock to face off Carwin and so on.

One off brawls = $$$$ every time. Man you know how energized Cub fans were after we beat the Sox' ass during interleague play that year? Awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder if StrikeForce........   I Wonder if StrikeForce........ Empty

Back to top Go down

I Wonder if StrikeForce........
Page 1 of 1