Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP StrikeForce

Go down 
+6
acccardinal12
OU
throwdownfight1
LA
Farmer1906
Birdofthad
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Seriously, its over nothing but shit has come from the zuffa purchase, seriously nothing good has come from it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

A Nick Diaz vs GSP title fight came out of it.

Plus it is obviously one step closer to having all the top fighters in one org fighting each and not dreaming about fights that can't happen.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 pm

how does their champion leaving their organization help said organization?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Farmers this is looking like Dana paid 40 million to grab a handful of fighters, not a good move
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 am

He overpaid to eliminate competition and snag those who want to fight on the biggest stage, all UFC fighters seem comfortable with their situation, outliers will happen though. It was a great move in actuality.

Dana did say if SF is making money and seems like a good investment then it will be kept and restructured, did we really ever think otherwise?

People seem to think that SF was booming when purchased, but if you look at some numbers I highly doubt they were making anything more then a couple mill as a company in their best year (last), and could have been in the red easily.

Coker made a genius play and drew attention while knowing he needed a new investor.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 am

Birdofthad wrote:
how does their champion leaving their organization help said organization?

It doesn't but I think its good to see good fights.

Quote :
seriously nothing good has come from it.

Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 am

LA wrote:
He overpaid to eliminate competition and snag those who want to fight on the biggest stage, all UFC fighters seem comfortable with their situation, outliers will happen though. It was a great move in actuality.

Dana did say if SF is making money and seems like a good investment then it will be kept and restructured, did we really ever think otherwise?

People seem to think that SF was booming when purchased, but if you look at some numbers I highly doubt they were making anything more then a couple mill as a company in their best year (last), and could have been in the red easily.

Coker made a genius play and drew attention while knowing he needed a new investor.

+1

lets not forget the fights that will eventually get made. gill,bigfoot,jacare, and others will eventually come over ala the pride buyout. will it take time? yes but in the end fans will get to see many fights that in the past they could only have hoped for.

this kinda reminds me of the whole boxers get paid more than mma fighters thing. in the end, it may be bad for fighters being all under one branch or not having anywere else to go, being controlled by a "madman" but it will be great for fans. know what....im a fan
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:21 am

I'm just glad that not all our posters have lost their mind and/or objectivity as a FAN of the sport.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

Screw Strikeforce! I hope they go under tomorrow so I can see some good fights.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 am

i dont know about you beast... but i liked my share of "free" fights that weren't bullshit england cards with a bunch of no names on them featuring bisping or hardy as the main event... that might just be me though
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 am

Nice post BBC
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:51 am

killerofchicken wrote:
i dont know about you beast... but i liked my share of "free" fights that weren't bullshit england cards with a bunch of no names on them featuring bisping or hardy as the main event... that might just be me though

wow this is a silly comment.ur making it seem as if zuffa doesnt already provide good free cards. if anything at times the free cards end up being better than the ppvs.i wont start from the beginin of the years(wich had several free good cards) since they already past but the ufc has already announce 5 free fight cards before the year is up and bisping and hardy are only gonna be on one each and neither of those cards will take place in the uk. from what we know, sf has 2/3 big cards left and even had zuffa not purchased them , i doubt they would of had more. lets see what "no name" cards the ufc will be putting on

ufc on vs 6
Hardy (top20 ww)vs (top20 ww)Lytle
Miller (top10 lw) vs Henderson (top20 lw) (fotn written all over it)
Oliveira vs Cerrone (fotn written all over it)
Amir Sadollah vs Ludwig (could also be fotn)

fight night 25
Shields (top5 ww) vs Ellenberger(top20 ww)
Court McGee vs Yang
Jonathan Brookins vs Koch (great tough match up for tuf winner)
Alan Belcher (top20 mw) vs MacDonald

ufc on vs 6
cruz (#1bw) vs johnson (top10 bw)
Struve vs Barry (fotn written on it)
Wiman vs. Danzig (fotn written on it)
Johnson (top20 ww) vs Brenneman (top20 ww)

ufc 138
Leben (top20 mw) vs.Mark Muñoz (top10 mw)
Pickett (top20 bw) vs.Renan Barão (top10 bw)
Taylor vs. Njokuani (fotn written all other it)
Alves (top10 ww) vs. Papy Abedi
Hathaway (top ww prospect) vs Pascal Krauss

tuf 14 finale
bisping (top 10 mw) vs miller
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

^ truth
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:23 pm

SF made the UFC better

Enjoy UFC recycling fighters from here on out

Who's ready for Ortiz vs Rashad II then III on PPV?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SF made the UFC better

Why recycle fighters when they are adding to their talent pool? If the cream keeps rising and the cream is the same every time then so be it.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
SF made the UFC better

Why recycle fighters when they are adding to their talent pool? If the cream keeps rising and the cream is the same every time then so be it.

Ortiz is considered the cream??? lol

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:47 pm

No, but Evans is. Not to mention Ortiz did just beat Ryan Bader in under 3 minutes. It may have been flukey but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
SF made the UFC better

Ortiz is considered the cream??? lol

Because Ortiz vs Rashad was plan A right? Actually it was more like plan Q. Just another reason a deeper pool will help the UFC.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP StrikeForce Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP StrikeForce   RIP StrikeForce Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP StrikeForce
Page 1 of 1