Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Roy was in Strikeforce

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

If Roy was in Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:21 am

and Fedor wasn't there, because this would be ridiculous without that mentioned, aswell forget Overeem, because it's apparent roids will prevent him from fighting in the US anyime soon if ever, where would Roy stand?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:33 am

Just like to add, I thought Roy beat Monson who is in no way a slouch, and a HW lurking outside the top 10
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:41 am

Idk. I think Werdum, Rogers and Bigfoot can all beat Roy and vice versa...well actually...Werdum would beat him hands down, bad matchup for Roy but i guess he would do good overall. Sign AA and it's lights out though.

But if you took Brock away from UFC like you take Fedor away from Strikeforce it's the same thing so i hope this aint going back to the old arguement.

Roy is good fighter. He should have never been on TuF in the first place.

EDIT: Ubereem would thrash Roy...and he will come to the states.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 am

I see Werdum as the only one who beats him, simple because his jj is better, but IMO Roy could take Werdum standing, so it'd be close.

With AA, obviously AA has him standing, but no bad standup in the first fight, things could be very different.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 am

You always edit ur posts bro, it's funny, it's not really the same, Werdum, Silva and Grimm would be cleaned up by Dos Santos alone
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:13 am

I always add on to the post. I never change anything i say though.

You say that like Junior is the bottom of the barrell when i think he could kick some serious ass where he's at now. As soon as UFC stops pushing wrestlers with no striking technique ahead of him.

Different matchups. Junior is better than a lot of guys percieved as ahead of him in UFC *cough* Carwin *cough* and so is the boys in the Force.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 am

You add, but it after a person has posted, and only wrote edit by 1/3 of the sentences u added, I just find it funny. Where did I say Jr is bottom of the barrell by the way? and Carwin has a very good base for MMA.

And Nog?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:41 am

What about Nog?

How would Roy do against Minotauro?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 am

What? read ur edited post about taking Brock away from the UFC
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:45 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
What? read ur edited post about taking Brock away from the UFC

lol, that was a few posts ago dude. My last post was about Junior Dos Santos.

You take Brock away from the UFC. Nog is the champ IMO. You take Fedor away from Strikeforce, Overeem is still the champ and he would beat Roy Nelson.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:53 am

Jesus Christ, is this what I'm left with?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:00 am

I don't understand what you want blitz.

If you want me to say UFC has a better HW division than Strikeforce. They do...but Roy Nelson still has never proven to be on the level of anybody listed in this thread because he has always lost when he fought guys like AA and even Ben Rothwell. Everybody listed in this thread have done more in their careers than Roy. The topic of the thread is how would Roy do in Strikeforce without Fedor, and i answered that.

I don't understand your beef.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:54 am

Im still going with roy being overated. He came through a pathetic crop of TUF fighters. Yes he def has skills, he has shown a good chin, and he does a good job of using his belly. But despite the belly he's a smallish heavy, his reach will put him at a disadvantage in most standup matchups, and at the higher levels these guys actually have ground skills, so he is not head and shoulders above his opponent's like we have seen on tuf.

we've already seen AA KO him.
I have rogers by KO.
Werdum would be a good fight cause Werdum's standup is not that good, and Nelson's weight may cause him problems.
Big foot would be a similar situation.

He'd prob makes some waves at SF. I don't much more then a ripple in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

i honestly think he would beat werdum, big foot, and maybe grim. I think he has better striking than werdum and i dont see werdum taking him down. Bigfoot i honestly dont know how that fight goes. grim might ko him but if roy can get him down than its a different story.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 pm

He could easily win the title in Strikeforce with no Fedor. He could also win the title in the UFC. I guess I am not easily as tricked into believing the crop of still largely untested rookie HW's that make up the vast majority of the UFC's division are an unbeatable bunch of super human monsters as everyone here and in the MMA community at large are.

As for Dos Santos, he is a kick boxer who only relatively recently began his ground training. He would probably lose to several SF heavies and there is little reason to believe he is in another class above them or anyone else in the top ten.

Little secret LA ; Strikers are nearly extinct at HW for a reason. Until Dos Santos proves otherwise he is another striker waiting to be exposed on the ground ala Kongo, Crocop and Rothwell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Roy was in Strikeforce   If Roy was in Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

If Roy was in Strikeforce
Page 1 of 1