Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?

Go down 
+4
Primetyme199
KingsOwn19
Ninja
oggy420
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Bobby Lashley, Shinya Aoki, i donnt know whats up with Eddie Alvarez but that would be a good signing too.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Aleks and Sergei.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 am

Basically everybody thats good or potentially good that is currently unsigned.

There is tons of those guys out there. I was hoping they would get Hornbuckle but he went off and signed with Bellator.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am

Alvarez still has fights on his Bellator contract.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am

i love that sig ninja lol
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:11 am

Everyone on that list plus a few more. The UFC is gonna start playing hardball soon and they need as much depth as they can get
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:28 am

I'll pull one off Ohio's fav fighter list. How bout a Shamrock Sakuraba legend's fight?

Maybe if only a co-promotion bout.

I know he is nearing shot territory, but who doesn't love Sakuraba?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Never thought about that. The answer... Everyone loves Saku! Except if your last name is Gracie. lol
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Already mentioned but I would love to see them sign Alek and Lashley.

Their HWs might be a little too good for Lashley right now though. He would probably lose to all of them.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm

apparantley it is Aoki - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/9/1193005/shinya-aoki-may-be-headed-to

"Shinya Aoki May Be Headed to Strikeforce in 2010 But He Won't Be Wearing His Pants
by Kid Nate on Dec 9, 2009

Shinya Aoki could make his Strikeforce debut in March, according to the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion's CEO.

Scott Coker on Monday told MMAWeekly.com that "dialogue was continuing" with Aoki's camp and follow-up meetings were planned during a trip to Japan for Dynamite! Dream vs. Sengoku on New Year's Eve.

"I do believe Aoki will probably be here fighting for Strikeforce in March sometime," he said.

And the bad news:

Of course, with an American debut, Aoki would likely have to swap his pants for run-of-the-mill fight shorts.
As fun as it is to anticipate Aoki's American debut, if you read closely, you'll note that nothing is signed and all we really have is Scott Coker's sincere desire to bring Aoki to Strikeforce. But Coker, uniquely among American promoters has got a proven track record of bringing over top Japanese talent, including Kasuo Misaki and Mitsuhiro Ishida.

On the issue of the grappling pants, Aoki has told Michael David Smith it's immaterial:

I asked Aoki in an e-mail interview set up by Dream whether his pants aid his grappling skills, and his response (as translated by a Dream PR representative) indicated that he wasn't too pleased with my question.

"It is nothing to do with my grappling skills," Aoki replied. "Anybody who has experience of grappling should know about this. This questions seems for non professional."

Precedents are rapidly being set in stone for the complete elimination of not just Aoki style long legged grappling shorts, but other designs that enhance fighters' gripping abilities. As Zak Woods argued, there's a good reason for this:

WKR certainly understands the ban as long as it is shown that the shorts do provide an advantage compared to other athletic apparel.

A commission's duty is to keep an equal playing field for all competitors. Part of that duty is combating unfair technological advantages. Sports fans saw one such incident in international swimming earlier this summer. When Milorad Cavic defeated Michael Phelps in Rome the Serbia swimmer was wearing a new Arena X-Glide swimsuit. It was determined that the technologically superior suit gave Cavic an unfair advantage and the Arena X-Glide suit was recently banned from international competition.

On the other hand there is already a set precedent for equipment that allows fighters to more easily perform their speciality: mma gloves. When they were first introduced by Tank Abbott at UFC 6 they were immediately controversial and perceived as giving strikers an unfair advantage.

I believe mma gloves are essential. Mainly because I like to see good punching exchanges.

But there is a cost to mma gloves -- they make securing submissions, especially the rear naked choke much harder. This makes fights that should have been over go longer, results in more decisions, and lots of stalling while fighters have overwhelmingly dominant position but can't capitalize because their opponent is grabbing their gloves and they're not allowed to strike at the back of the head.

And that's not even getting into the reality that many many pro-fighters practice very advanced arts of oiling up their bodies via baths before fight time so that they appear dry and clean upon entering the cage but once they start sweating they're oozing oil from every pore.

But I'm willing to make that compromise....IF we accept that something should be done to make it easier to get submissions.

There is a simple, elegant solution.

Mandate that all fighters wear Aoki style grappling pants. That eliminates the unfair advantage argument, maintains a level playing field AND encourages more submissions.

The only argument against it comes from those who fear and hate the art of submission fighting. Because really, what's wrong with seeing more submissions?

It's not like Aoki's pants suddenly transform him into a submission king. If I were wearing Aoki pants I'd be just as hapless and harmless as ever, just like donning a pair of mma gloves won't turn me into a knock out king. The fighters still have to get the submissions, they just have a slighty easier time."
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

why not just allow the pants and then whomever wants to wear them can?

does anyone besides Aoki wear them in Japan?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 pm

I would like to see them sign the Barncat and there are a few other guys out there to snag, but they aren't in the deep water yet. They still get loners from DREAM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?   Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want Strikeforce to go after next?
Page 1 of 1