Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Impressive and unimpressive

Go down 
+6
Cu Bu
Wolfgangsta
discovery99
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
Andrew the Raider King
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Impressive and unimpressive Empty
PostSubject: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:33 am

Which fighters impressed you the most tonight and which did not?

For me I was very impressed with Dan Hardy and his ability to counter the multiple subs GSP put on him. Shane Carwin proved he is the real deal and a major player in the HW Division. Kurt Pelligrino was awesome in his match and showed me a move I cannot ever remember seeing...EVER!

Fitch was not good. Sure he dominated, but he just ground out a win instead of having a defining victory. GSP, Jesus dude, you are suppossed to be one of the best P4P fighters on the planet, can you finish a fight please? Jim Miller lost and I don't care what you or the judges say, Boceck should have had his hand raised. Palhares, Jesus Christ dude! When the fucking guy is tapping and the ref is stopping you, that means let go immediately, not see what kind of damage you can do. How would you like it if the same thing happened to you and potentially ruined your career? Mir...Frank, Frank, Frank...You are supposed to be the 3rd best and possibly the 2nd best HW in the world and you didn't prepare for your opponent? Time to become a full time color analyst, Bitch!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:38 am

Yup
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:44 am

I agree on Bocek-Gate.

Not so much on Fitch, i thought he was very active from the top with punches and elbows.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:57 am

impressive: Jarred Hamman! WOW... this guy can take some punishment. That was a crazy fight.

unimpressive: GSP, Hardy and Mir

Hardy: not even remotely close to stopping one takedown from GSP. How do these people expect to beat GSP that way?

GSP: he was doing literally whatever he wanted to do against Hardy, and he managed to do zero damage in the fight, and again fails to finish an opponent who had no business even being in the cage with him.

Mir: so much hype about his new muscles, but he's still the same old Mir
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 am

discovery99 wrote:
impressive: Jarred Hamman! WOW... this guy can take some punishment. That was a crazy fight.

unimpressive: GSP, Hardy and Mir

Hardy: not even remotely close to stopping one takedown from GSP. How do these people expect to beat GSP that way?

GSP: he was doing literally whatever he wanted to do against Hardy, and he managed to do zero damage in the fight, and again fails to finish an opponent who had no business even being in the cage with him.

Mir: so much hype about his new muscles, but he's still the same old Mir

Dis? Can you name one person who can stop GSP's takedowns? Plus you failed to note that Hardy got the shit wrenched out of his arm in the Kimura and not only survived, but found a way to escape!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:06 am

Bocek tapped once and the ref didnt see it. Judges got it right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:06 am

I mm knot emprezed wit yoour pir four mince
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:07 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

yeah I watched that fight fairly closely and didnt have a problem with miller getting the nod
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I thought the same thing but couldn't rewind to go back and watch it
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:12 am

for unimpressive I say mir, looked almost lazy in stand up perhaps to confident?
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:16 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:

Dis? Can you name one person who can stop GSP's takedowns? Plus you failed to note that Hardy got the shit wrenched out of his arm in the Kimura and not only survived, but found a way to escape!

Just because no one else has stopped the takedowns yet doesn't mean Hardy gets a pass for not being able to. I mean he wasn't even close, and GSP was also passing his guard at will. How about not standing straight up and get in a better position to defend the takedown... I dunno. Just seems like a waste of time having GSP fight guys at 170 and it annoys me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 am

Unimpressed with Ben Saunders - Eat a bacon sandwich
Unimpressed with Dan Hardy and not at all surprised about it. But was pretty crazy that he didn't tap.
Impressed with all the back and fourth and momentum swing fights. Couldn't script some of those fights better.
Impressed with the UFC airing 9 total fights on the night. Regardless of th decisions or stoppages Squeezing in 90% of the fights is big in my book.
Impressed with Palhares's hairline. It's weird.. He and Almeida looked solid.
Unimpressed with Howard's lungs. He had good aim though.
Impressed with Nate. Entertained by his post fight speech.
No opinion on Mir and Carwin. Carwin hits to hard and is to big. What I though would happen did.
No opinion GSP he did what I thought he would do other than get a ref mercy stoppage in the third, He had Hardy on the defensive and in a bad spot almost the whole fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:03 pm

I had the Hamman vs Wallace fight, damn that was good.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I had the Hamman vs Wallace fight, damn that was good.

Shonuff the Masta is a horrible nickname but yeah that was a helluva fight. Hamman impressed the hell outta me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impressive and unimpressive   Impressive and unimpressive Empty

Back to top Go down

Impressive and unimpressive
Page 1 of 1