Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?

Go down 
+5
LA
captain organic
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? Empty
PostSubject: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 am

I was reading Tito's twitter and he says "My record speaks n volume. And 5 title defenses. LR LHT Champ ever!"

Now lets see what Tito did?

He beat Wand to win the title. I'd say very impressive even though at one point in the fight Tito flat out ran from Wand.

Defense #1: Yuki Kondo. Kondo is known for his high number of total fights, not his skill. Not Impressive

Defense #2: Evan Tanner. A middleweight fighting at light heavy. At the time he was pretty solid, but nothing special. Mildly impressive.

Defense #3: Elvis Sinosic. How the hell does a guy who is 4-3 get a title shot? I'm embarrassed Tito even took this fight.

Defense #4: Vladimir Matyushenko. A good win. Somewhat impressive.

Defense #5: Ken Shamrock. Ken was 2-2 since coming back from WWF and he lost his last fight before he even got the title shot. Ken went on to win 1 of his next 7. Again, not impressive.

Then he get spanked by Couture. No shame in that, but literally he got spanked.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:12 am

No, his best wins came when he was not champ...Janitor is the best of that bunch.

Chuck Liddell had the best reign at LHW and Quinton Jackson had the most impressive defense IMO.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
No, his best wins came when he was not champ...Janitor is the best of that bunch.

Chuck Liddell had the best reign at LHW and Quinton Jackson had the most impressive defense IMO.

Agreed.

I might rank Shogun > Hendo as a fighter, but the way that Shogun-Machida fight went down I obviously can't say that was a better defense.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

Frank would have made 10 fucking defenses of that title HE BEAT TITO

Franks 4 are better than Titos 5

Tanner and Matsushenko were good wins, same with Wand, beat an old Ken and acted like he was a god
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 am

beating Wand, even if we did not really know who he was yet, hurts the argument.

Although one could say that the wand we all know and love was prob a juicer.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
beating Wand, even if we did not really know who he was yet, hurts the argument.

Ortiz was not champ when he beat Silva. Nobody is doubting Tito Ortiz has some quaility wins under his belt...just none of them came during "the greatest UFC title reign ever"
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Hello?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:53 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Hello?

hello
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah no one was posting and just seein if anyone was still on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Yeah no one was posting and just seein if anyone was still on.

Yeah I'm doing a little paper work but I browse and refresh every couple min atleast....or just put the work down and browse for awhile lol
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 pm

LA, you're kind of an odd guy huh?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

I think you can say that about the majority of the people here lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Why cause I got time to burn and seeing if anyone was still on?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Why cause I got time to burn and seeing if anyone was still on?

Just some things on here you do seem funny to me. A random hello in the middle of a thread. Wanting a thumbs up icon. Moving a thread to the private forum so you can keep track of it later.

But I agree with the Sooner. We're probably a bunch of odd folks.

I didn't really mean it in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I fucking hate when there's a bunch of people online and no one is posting anything. Seein if anyone was around

Drunk and wanted a thumbs up icon and still do, we got everyother kind of icon

I didn't want to have that thread resurface on the main board when I or Wolfy wanted to reopen it, it's just me and him going abck on forth, I see no big deal with putting it there, it doesn't get used really anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:18 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I fucking hate when there's a bunch of people online and no one is posting anything. Seein if anyone was around
Drunk and wanted a thumbs up icon and still do, we got everyother kind of icon

I didn't want to have that thread resurface on the main board when I or Wolfy wanted to reopen it, it's just me and him going abck on forth, I see no big deal with putting it there, it doesn't get used really anyways.

In deffense of the first thing you said, plenty of people on here post at work like myself and just leave a tab open all the time. So while we may not be currently viewing the page we are still logged in. I tried today to bring up little things to get the conversation going a little more, slow day though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, I'm logged in pretty much all the time because I'm down at school on my laptop and I usually always have this open in a tab but I only look at it every once in a while
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Franks was better
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

captain organic wrote:

if you watch the fight tito runs from wand when he does not get him on the gound
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Like this:
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:32 pm

yes thank you bobbit
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 pm

We could poke holes in any of the LHW greats resumes if we wanted to.

Only Sinosic was not a quality opponent. Kondo was considered one of the best at the time he fought Ortiz, Matyusheno was a great win, Shamrock was past his prime but still good, Wand is an all time great, and Tanner is a legend who fought at LHW/HW most of his career, and penalizing Ortiz for subsequent success of his challengers at other weight classes is pretty fucking retarded.

If people loved Tito and he didn't annoy everyone, this thread and this type of thinking doesn't exist. People need to break Ortiz down. The way sports fans proccess the same data in different situations is something I could write a book on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm

ya people that bash Kondo dont know what they are talking about or dont realzie that he was a King of Pancrase and a top fighter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?   Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Tito's title reign as unimpressive as it gets?
Page 1 of 1