Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
LTFG
OU
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. Empty
PostSubject: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

After watching the fight a second time, was was very impressed with Wanderlei's movement, game plan, improved cardio, takedown defense and leg kicks. Bisping landed some good shots, but he has very fast hands, even if they lack devastating power. Still, Silva was never wobbled or close to it. He was backed up by a shot but he was knocked off balance more than anything.

He saw what Bisping was throwing and defended accordingly. Bisping wasn't circling just into the power hand anymore, but it seemed Wanderlei was assuming he would, but he adjusted accordingly. The supposed second takedown in round two was actually a jumping submission attempt that was nearly pulled off.

I can't believe this decision is controversial. Wanderlei controlled the fight from the get go, and all Bisping really did was land a few punches, one really significant one and two takedowns the entire fight that lead to literally nothing.

Wandy hurt him in every round. Bisping was wobbled by a left at the end of the round.

The fact Wandy fought a complete fight, and looked good in every aspect of the fight is really promising. I have high hopes for his future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

I had the 1st round being very close but I expected the judges to give it to Bisping because of the takedowns. Close round though. I though the next 2 rounds though were much easier to score. I thought it was obvious Silva won them both, not even questionable in my mind.
The only argument you can make is was it 30-27 or was it 29-28. But the winner of the fight isn't in question, Bisping just thinks he has never lost a dec, much like my boy Nick Diaz.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 pm

I didn't realize it was controversial, Wolf. I thought the 1st was very close (Can I call a 10-10?) but thought Wandy clearly controlled the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If anyone thought that Bisping won that fight, they were too stoned to see reality, just don't understand MMA or are such homers that they truly believe he also beat Hamill. I have been disappointed in Wandy recently in the declining aggression to his style, but if this is the fight he needs to fight to become a contender again, so be it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Well it wasnt controversial. Michael Bisping is the only one who questioned the decision.

The first round was very close. It was all Bisping for the first 3 minutes, but the last 2 minutes was all Wandy...i gave Wandy the round because the last 2 minutes of the first round set the tone for the rest of the fight...in which Wandy owned. I think that should factor into it. 30-27 Wandy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
After watching the fight a second time, was was very impressed with Wanderlei's movement, game plan, improved cardio, takedown defense and leg kicks. Bisping landed some good shots, but he has very fast hands, even if they lack devastating power. Still, Silva was never wobbled or close to it. He was backed up by a shot but he was knocked off balance more than anything.

He saw what Bisping was throwing and defended accordingly. Bisping wasn't circling just into the power hand anymore, but it seemed Wanderlei was assuming he would, but he adjusted accordingly. The supposed second takedown in round two was actually a jumping submission attempt that was nearly pulled off.

I can't believe this decision is controversial. Wanderlei controlled the fight from the get go, and all Bisping really did was land a few punches, one really significant one and two takedowns the entire fight that lead to literally nothing.

Wandy hurt him in every round. Bisping was wobbled by a left at the end of the round.

The fact Wandy fought a complete fight, and looked good in every aspect of the fight is really promising. I have high hopes for his future.

The only thing I disagree about is his takedown defense. IMO it was nothing special. Bisping rag dolled him on one of the takedowns which doesn't bod well when there are guys like Sonnen, Marquardt, and possible GSP soon who have the ability to dominate with their wrestling.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I thought Bisping won the 1st round and Wandy won the next 2. 29-28 in a fight where it was very competitive in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 pm

timthebim wrote:
I thought Bisping won the 1st round and Wandy won the next 2. 29-28 in a fight where it was very competitive in my book.

+1
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Bisping did win the first round, but the finishes to the rounds were what set Wanderlei apart. Bisping had good movement and didn't get into TOO much trouble(barring the guillotine and the right hook that nearly ended things in the third. Don't try and tell me he jumped back and tried a submission. Wanderlei Silva has attempted a submission about five times in his entire career from what I remember. He's not exactly submission oriented, he would much rather swing for the fences for another clip to add to his highlight reel.

All in all though I liked the fight. Wanderlei didn't looked totally drained like he did against Franklin, and he seemed have composure. The one thing I didn't like was how he was content to sit back and wait all night. He didn't have the aggressive style we're used to seeing and I can understand why after the early takedown. I hope in his next fight we see classic "Viking-Dahmer style" as some ESPN analyst called it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Bisping did win the first round, but the finishes to the rounds were what set Wanderlei apart. Bisping had good movement and didn't get into TOO much trouble(barring the guillotine and the right hook that nearly ended things in the third. Don't try and tell me he jumped back and tried a submission. Wanderlei Silva has attempted a submission about five times in his entire career from what I remember. He's not exactly submission oriented, he would much rather swing for the fences for another clip to add to his highlight reel.

All in all though I liked the fight. Wanderlei didn't looked totally drained like he did against Franklin, and he seemed have composure. The one thing I didn't like was how he was content to sit back and wait all night. He didn't have the aggressive style we're used to seeing and I can understand why after the early takedown. I hope in his next fight we see classic "Viking-Dahmer style" as some ESPN analyst called it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I thought it was a close fight basically because Bispings takedowns were keeping him in it.

I had 10-9 Bisping first round 10-9 Wandy 2nd round and the round being up for grabs with last minute left and Wandy won it

Great fight wouldnt mind watching it again wish it was a 5 rounder
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Wandy has a lot of sub attempts in his career and has jumped into that before. He has trained a lot of BJJ and realizes he needs to be more well rounded to compete. And even if he had never thrown a submission attempt in his life, that doesn't change the fact that the second takedown in round 2 was actually a sub attempt.

Bisping's wrestling was competitive with LHW Rashad Evans, and is remarkably good for a Brits. He did get one big takedown but that was it. Wandy stuffed the rest.

It was controversial according to some at Watchkalibrun.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Wandy's aggressive style has obviously not been as effective lately. I think he needs to retool, and keep things interesting. He was a cunt-hair away from winning the Franklin fight, and was never out classed, and did very well against a crisp counter-boxer like this.

At the very least, this changes up what people see on tape. You can't do the same thing forever without people figuring you out. Ask Liddell and Jardine about that.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 am

Wandy looked very good. I had him winning a 3 rounds but I can see why some scored the first round for Bisping. I'm just inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to whoever Bisping's opponent is.

Good to see Wandy win a meaningful fight, though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Another thing that impressed me about his fight is how he seems to have regained his athleticism at this weight class. Those kick catch and sweeps were an example of an athletic move he pulled off. He also fought more technically, with improved defense.

Wanderlei will get better. He isn't done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.   Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanderlei won every round and was very impressive.
Page 1 of 1