Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate Fedor thread.

Go down 
+18
Bigs03
Farmer1906
GolbeZ
redvexx8
LA
OU
Ludo
muayjitsu
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
chorky777
LTFG
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
boomer sooner
acccardinal12
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Let me note about my last post...please don't turn what i said into a UFC vs. Strikeforce/Dream debate.

I'm not saying they are better or even as good in that division. I'm just saying that nobody in UFC is proven enough for me to say "Fedor HAS to fight this guy". Same with Strikeforce.

That's what happens when you are so damn good. Same thing with BJ and GSP. I don't really see anybody they HAVE to fight to prove they are the best because THEY are the guys that need to be fought to be the best.

People confuse that. The #1 fighters don't go looking for #2 or #5. Chances are, the #1 does not know or care who is #2 or #10. The best fights who is put infront of him or who challenges him. They don't have to move for anybody. Just like BJ Penn does not have to go to DREAM to prove that Shinya Aoki is not a threat to his #1 spot in LW division...if Aoki thinks he's the best and wants to prove it, he can get his ass in UFC. For all the big fellas, Strikeforce is open and once there the throne is not hard to find...just the man sitting on it is hard to move.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
The UFC HW division has been good for six months. Stop acting like two years ago when all this first went down and the UFC had their chance that all the best fighters rankingwise were not in the UFC.

BBC bad form.

And Barnett has everything the top UFC heavies has and more.
What a goal to cheat when fighting for a title. Sorry but he has done that two times wolf.

I never meant 6 months or two years ago. He IS fighting in SF and should not be. That is my point. Barnett is a scrub who can't beat a top guy without taking roids period! Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, Mir would eat his lunch.

You just bitched about Barnett taking roids and in the very next sentence mentioning Brock in a positive light. lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Of course it will. There will never be a shortage of half retarded MMA fans so there will always be people "questioning" Fedor's legacy. To this day, PrideFC had the best HW division and i have yet to see a HW look so dominant against that caliber of competition. Considering a lot of fighters held in high regard never get to 30 wins, the fact that Fedor already have 30 without a legit loss should have it written in stone.

Fedor owes the fans nothing. He has had what would be considered a full and very active career and like i said, dominated the strongest division ever. Fedor does not care not should he anymore. If he was 10-0 he would have something to prove...he's 30-1. Let's keep in mind that what looks great now may not look so great in 2-3 years. Remember Fedor just HAD to be in the UFC when he was owning Pride...let's see how these "GREAT UFC HW's" hold up, because over the last decade the only constant in the HW division rankings have been Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira...the rest of these cats are johnny come latelys until proven otherwise...and by that i mean none of them hold the key to Fedor's legacy unless they really start cleaning house. Nobody is really doing that IMO. Only Cain seems to be on the path because he actually fights on a consistant basis.

Very good points in all. I was never and would never say he should have been in the UFC when he was dominating Pride. However he is currently fighting and is in a weaker organization when it comes to his weight class. That being said, if he wants to keep fighting like he has stated, then he needs to come run with the big dogs and not a bunch of has beens. further more he doesn't need to blame the UFC or DW when he isn't aloud to compete in Sambo (which is the reason he couldn't reach an agreemant with Zuffa) per Fedor remember.

I understand people wanting him in the UFC. I'd like to see him there as well. Just the point is... Even if he went there and lost his first fight in UFC or he even lost a bout in Stikeoforce in the next year(ya never know) i would still consider his legacy secured because nobody has really put together a run like him and it may be a long time until somebody does and he has for the most part, fought top competition.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
The UFC HW division has been good for six months. Stop acting like two years ago when all this first went down and the UFC had their chance that all the best fighters rankingwise were not in the UFC.

BBC bad form.

What a goal to cheat when fighting for a title. Sorry but he has done that two times wolf.

I never meant 6 months or two years ago. He IS fighting in SF and should not be. That is my point. Barnett is a scrub who can't beat a top guy without taking roids period! Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, Mir would eat his lunch.

You just bitched about Barnett taking roids and in the very next sentence mentioning Brock in a positive light. lol

Did I miss something?... Did Brock get suspended or booted from a card for testing positive for juicing? I'm not saying he hasn't juiced, but IF he has he's been smart enough to not get caught. Barnett may be the stupidest fuck on the planet...
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Every knows Brock juices or at some point recently juiced. Overeem hasn't been caught yet and everyone rags on him. Not that I have a BIG problem with roids. I still think technique and skill trumps roid rages any day. Just thought it was funny
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Hmmmm... Everyone KNOWS Lance Armstrong juiced as well, but he's never tested positive. I don't think it's smart to assume based on physique, strength or freakish athleticism. People rip on Overeem because of his recent growth and refusal to come back to the US to fight. If Brock had shown the same freakish growth in the last 3 years and refused to fight where they test, I'd be a bit harder on him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Assuming he took steroids is not much different then assuming he didn't in the long run. I agree talent usually is the deciding factor in MMA, and Fedor has the most talent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

You know the bad thing is if Fedor never fights in the UFC, people will always question if he was the best ever. I beleive he is the best fighter of ALL TIME. In five years if he is retired you will still have the people out there questioning his stock if he doesn't fight for UFC and that will be a shame. As a fan it will be a let down and kind of make me resent Fedor for that. Either way we look at it from a business standpoint, he can't keep letting his management ruin his name in the history of MMA. His beleifs contradict his business decisions he has let his management make so far. I just saw an interview where he said he won't be competing in Sambo, but he would like too. Didn't he and his management say thats why he wouldn't sign with UFC? Pretty sure that is correct. Now he has let SF or some contract keep him from competing in Sambo. I would have to say it is more about the money when it comes to M-1 and Fedor. He has always said he doesn't care about the money. Kind of makes me think he is ducking the UFC more and more every day he doesn't sign with them. For someone who is so spiritual and always wanting to represent his country in the best fashion he sure seems to be contradicting his character. If he never signs with the UFC, I will be the first one to admit that I think he ducked talent because he knew he would lose. And don't bring up that he wanted to fight Randy. If he really wanted too he would have gotten it done. I am just tired of the excuses from Fedor and his camp. After watching that interview it just made me rethink what I thought about him. The interview is on mmalinker and is 4- 10 minute videos.
Your thoughts?

Dana White just sneezed, pee'd, pooped, and puke'd on himself! All at the same time ! cheers
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

BBC bad form.

Brock hasn't tested positive like Barnett.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Only people who are caught used?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Only people who are caught used?

Yes. I am not gonna dog a guy when I have no facts. Barnett was caught two times. I used to be a fan of his. It just isn't fair when guys use something that others don't. If Brock used then I would say he wasn't as good as I thought because he cheated.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:35 pm

who really questions his greatness if you watch MMA. You know he is the greatest fighter ever to be in the sport. He is a stone cold killer in the ring or cage. Has plenty of classic matches vs the best hws in the sport in the pride days. I always will remember that horrible slam he took from randleman just to turn the fight around and finish him. BUT I do believe his time at the top is threatened now by some fighters such as; Cain and Brock.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Jury foreman: There's no evidence to support the accused shot the deceased. In fact, he has an alibi covering him for the entire week.

GDP and Ohio: Yeah but we heard he owns a gun.

Seriously, with your guys' slanted point of view, I hope you never sit on a jury!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah I don't know where alot of this "Brock Lesnar was on steroids" chatter comes from. If any of you followed him in college you'd know he was huge back then too. He was huge before he signed to the WWE and wrestled indi-fed shows(look for those on youtube). He was huge when he was signed to the Vikings and got cut for hitting too hard in the pre season. He's huge now(as far as we know). I find it hard to believe he was roiding while wrestling in the biggest and hardest wrestling division in the country as a Golden Gopher since the NCAA is very strict on that.

His personality actually suggests he wouldn't want to use steroids. The very reason he left the WWE and tried out for football was the physical challenge and competition involved. It wasn't for money. If he wanted money he could have had all the money he wanted with a lofty career in pro wrestling. He joined MMA for the competition involved. To challenge himself. Alot like Herschel Walker. I know, I know, Herschel is pushing 50, but there is something to be said about competitors.

Without proof you really can't say he's on steroids. There are no factors pointing at it directly. He actually wanted to fight sooner than scheduled until this debacle between canada and mono and whatever happened. He fights in the UFC where drug tests are mandatory right after a fight. I haven't heard any news of his piss not passing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:22 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
who really questions his greatness if you watch MMA. You know he is the greatest fighter ever to be in the sport. He is a stone cold killer in the ring or cage. Has plenty of classic matches vs the best hws in the sport in the pride days. I always will remember that horrible slam he took from randleman just to turn the fight around and finish him. BUT I do believe his time at the top is threatened now by some fighters such as; Cain and Brock.

I have watched all of his fights for the most part and I do think Fedor is the best fighter ever. I love the classic matches, when he took the slam from Randleman, and even the stone cold face in the beginng and end of the fights he has had. That still doesn't change the fact that he has contradicted himself with the recent interview. I know there are always people that will doubt him if he doesn't make it to the UFC. I guess I just want him too so I can hush all the naysayers and to prove to myself that he is a man of his word. I would have never started a thread like this had it not been for that interview I saw. It is on mmalinker and is 4-10 minute sections.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 am

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Jury foreman: There's no evidence to support the accused shot the deceased. In fact, he has an alibi covering him for the entire week.

GDP and Ohio: Yeah but we heard he owns a gun.

Seriously, with your guys' slanted point of view, I hope you never sit on a jury!

Me either. Unless it one of those juicy celebrity trials. lol

Seriously though, does Overeem need a positive test for you to believe he's on roids?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:10 am

Yo it came from the fact Brock was in the WWE where all kinds of muscular, big guys take steroids and from the fact he was already caught with HGH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

His physique in the WWE was a lot more body builder like as well. Just because he was big, doesn't mean he didn't use roids.

So he decided to just take HGH but stopped right there? You'd buy that?

Excuse me for not falling for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Brock probably juiced in the WWE -- you could assume that since it's par for the course, but now in a sport that catches guys all the time you have to leave the guy alone. He doesn't even look the same as he did in the WWE. Besides, I doubt Brock ever has to worry about being the strongest guy in the Octagon. Without it, he still manhandles anyone, except maybe Carwin.

Overeem kind of admitted to taking drugs in a humerous way at K-1 press conference when Remy Bonjaski aaccused him. Overeem's response was, "I'm from Holland, what did you expect?"

Like I said, earlier: Fedor's legacy is in cement. His current #1 ranking is not, at least not in another year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Brock never juiced, neither did Barry Bonds or Sammy Sosa. As far as I know none of them have tested positive for roids. Also Nick Saban will not be the next coach at Alabama and Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 pm

It's true, we all know for certain Bonds didn't use PED's guys, he never had a positive test so how could he of been a user, it's simple.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
It's true, we all know for certain Bonds didn't use PED's guys, he never had a positive test so how could he of been a user, it's simple.

Bonds gained about 100 lbs from the time I was a teenager to about five years later. Brock was a monster when he was in the womb. Big difference in that analogy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Bonds gained about 100 lbs from the time I was a teenager to about five years later. Brock was a monster when he was in the womb. Big difference in that analogy.

Yeah I just named Sosa and Bonds because they have never tested positive for roids but we all know they used roids. Sosa did have some growth as well, not as bad as Bonds but you could still see the change. But you can look at Brock as a HW in college and then at his peak in the WWE and see the same kind of growth. I think it is far more likely he falls into the category of guys who just never tested positive, rather then just being the victim of unfair criticism.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Yeah I just named Sosa and Bonds because they have never tested positive for roids but we all know they used roids. Sosa did have some growth as well, not as bad as Bonds but you could still see the change. But you can look at Brock as a HW in college and then at his peak in the WWE and see the same kind of growth. I think it is far more likely he falls into the category of guys who just never tested positive, rather then just being the victim of unfair criticism.

Brock never had the same kind of growth they did. I saying this from the pics I saw of him not based off weight or anything. speculation on my pasrt I know. Every team pic he had he was a monster compared to the other guys. Even in junior high. One foot taller and bigger than the coach. Sosa and Bonds weren't like this at age 14-16?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102898&stc=1&d=1247533825
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I think he is just a big ol country boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fedor thread.
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next