Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate Fedor thread.

Go down 
+18
Bigs03
Farmer1906
GolbeZ
redvexx8
LA
OU
Ludo
muayjitsu
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
chorky777
LTFG
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
boomer sooner
acccardinal12
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Ultimate Fedor thread. Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

You know the bad thing is if Fedor never fights in the UFC, people will always question if he was the best ever. I beleive he is the best fighter of ALL TIME. In five years if he is retired you will still have the people out there questioning his stock if he doesn't fight for UFC and that will be a shame. As a fan it will be a let down and kind of make me resent Fedor for that. Either way we look at it from a business standpoint, he can't keep letting his management ruin his name in the history of MMA. His beleifs contradict his business decisions he has let his management make so far. I just saw an interview where he said he won't be competing in Sambo, but he would like too. Didn't he and his management say thats why he wouldn't sign with UFC? Pretty sure that is correct. Now he has let SF or some contract keep him from competing in Sambo. I would have to say it is more about the money when it comes to M-1 and Fedor. He has always said he doesn't care about the money. Kind of makes me think he is ducking the UFC more and more every day he doesn't sign with them. For someone who is so spiritual and always wanting to represent his country in the best fashion he sure seems to be contradicting his character. If he never signs with the UFC, I will be the first one to admit that I think he ducked talent because he knew he would lose. And don't bring up that he wanted to fight Randy. If he really wanted too he would have gotten it done. I am just tired of the excuses from Fedor and his camp. After watching that interview it just made me rethink what I thought about him. The interview is on mmalinker and is 4- 10 minute videos.
Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I saw that I spelled his last name wrong for all the teachers out there.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 pm

I think his history is solidified, but his ranking I think should be up by the end of the year. If someone like Shane, Brock or Cain goes through the UFC HW division, and Fedor's only legitimate fights in two years are against Werdum and Rogers, then there should be a new number one. M-1 is taking him out of the game, but it's not entirely their fault since Overeem and Barnett can't seem to get their acts together.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah people will always question and debate something like this. Gotta be true though.

I don't think he ducked, I think Fedor just doesn't care as much as we all want him to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:21 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I think his history is solidified, but his ranking I think should be up by the end of the year. If someone like Shane, Brock or Cain goes through the UFC HW division, and Fedor's only legitimate fights in two years are against Werdum and Rogers, then there should be a new number one. M-1 is taking him out of the game, but it's not entirely their fault since Overeem and Barnett can't seem to get their acts together.

I think Barnett and Overeem would get smashed by The UFC's top 5 HW'S. Barnett and Overeem can't win a fight without cheating imo. I will admit I am not sure about Overeem, but Barnett has cheated too much in his career for me to ever mention him as worthy of being a top HW of all time. Either way Fedor needs the UFC to solidify himself as the GOAT.
Meant to also add even if Fedor beat them and didn't compete in UFC he would still be questioned.

Last edited by bigbeastcardinal12 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Fedor has defended his number # 1 slot more than Brock has defended his #2 slot and more than any UFC HW belt holder recently. Carwin has proven nothing. Cain's first legit win against elite comp came a couple days ago. Mir has beatin both Kongo and Nog recently. How can it be said that any UFC HW has done more than Fedor has done? His most recent fights have been against Timmy, AA, and Grim. All three were ranked top 5 at the time they fought Fedor and AA was pretty much a consensous #2 at the time. During the next year he will fight two more top 10 HWs in Reem and Werdum, which again, will probably be more than any compairable HW in the UFC. If you wanted to make that argument when Fedor was fighting Lindland and HMC thats cool but not now. Fedor has his terms for fighting, the main one is Co-Promotion with M1 which HE is part owner of. Is his request unreasonable? Yeah prolly, but those are his terms. We wouldn't even be in this situation right now if Dana hadn't burned that bridge a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:45 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Fedor has defended his number # 1 slot more than Brock has defended his #2 slot and more than any UFC HW belt holder recently. Carwin has proven nothing. Cain's first legit win against elite comp came a couple days ago. Mir has beatin both Kongo and Nog recently. How can it be said that any UFC HW has done more than Fedor has done? His most recent fights have been against Timmy, AA, and Grim. All three were ranked top 5 at the time they fought Fedor and AA was pretty much a consensous #2 at the time. During the next year he will fight two more top 10 HWs in Reem and Werdum, which again, will probably be more than any compairable HW in the UFC. If you wanted to make that argument when Fedor was fighting Lindland and HMC thats cool but not now. Fedor has his terms for fighting, the main one is Co-Promotion with M1 which HE is part owner of. Is his request unreasonable? Yeah prolly, but those are his terms. We wouldn't even be in this situation right now if Dana hadn't burned that bridge a long time ago.

Pay attention. This is about Fedor's legacy being in question without stepping foot into the UFC. Not about the other fighters.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:46 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

I think Barnett and Overeem would get smashed by The UFC's top 5 HW'S. Barnett and Overeem can't win a fight without cheating imo. I will admit I am not sure about Overeem, but Barnett has cheated too much in his career for me to ever mention him as worthy of being a top HW of all time. Either way Fedor needs the UFC to solidify himself as the GOAT.
Meant to also add even if Fedor beat them and didn't compete in UFC he would still be questioned.

He's still the GOAT... But I think it's worth questioning him today when the best are fighting in a place he refuses to be. It does hurt his legacy in many people's eyes. Werdum and Grim are fine... Finish your tune-up's and tell Finky to fuck off so you can go fight real talent. Lesnar, Mir, Cain, Carwin and Dos Santos are all calling, and Fedor's letting it go to voicemail because him and Finky don't want to deal with Dana?!?...
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:49 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:

Pay attention. This is about Fedor's legacy being in question without stepping foot into the UFC. Not about the other fighters.

Sorry I have ADHD. I forgot what you posted by the time I started writing
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:53 pm

I am just saying in ten years if Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC against way better competition than Werdum and Overwho, then he may not be the GOAT. I also am talking about him going against his own words, his beleifs, and contradicting what he is about. This recent interview makes Dana look more innocent than I thought when it came to negotiating with Fedor and M-1.
I am behind you 100% in thinking Fedor is the best p4p and has proved that. However without fighting the top guys in the world and not guys who have no chin or are a freak is imporant for his resume so guys aren't saying Silva is better than him or something like that.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 pm

I can't help but think that the new breed of Heavyweights may have passed Fedor up, but I can't tell right now. That doesn't hurt Fedor's current legacy of GOAT, though. It just makes me wonder if he truly is the best Heavyweight in the world right now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:56 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

He's still the GOAT... But I think it's worth questioning him today when the best are fighting in a place he refuses to be. It does hurt his legacy in many people's eyes. Werdum and Grim are fine... Finish your tune-up's and tell Finky to fuck off so you can go fight real talent. Lesnar, Mir, Cain, Carwin and Dos Santos are all calling, and Fedor's letting it go to voicemail because him and Finky don't want to deal with Dana?!?...

I knew someone would get it. I am just mindboggled that Fedor has went against what he said was the number 1 reason he isnt fighting for the UFC. (Sambo) It is all about money for him and getting his buddies a paycheck. imo
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:57 pm

I love the discussion and I love the passion. Everybody knows I have the opinion he hasn't fought any real competition in a while. However, The HW ranks are thinner than say the LHW or LW divisions, so there has to be some leeway, when considering what is being said.

Last edited by Andrew the Raider King on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:59 pm

I am just saying in ten years if Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC against way better competition than Werdum and Overwho, then he may not be the GOAT. I also am talking about him going against his own words, his beleifs, and contradicting what he is about. This recent interview makes Dana look more innocent than I thought when it came to negotiating with Fedor and M-1.
I am behind you 100% in thinking Fedor is the best p4p and has proved that. However without fighting the top guys in the world and not guys who have no chin or are a freak is imporant for his resume so guys aren't saying Silva is better than him or something like that.

If the current crop keep beating the shit out of eachother and he keeps beating the next level guys in other orgs, he's safe. Now if Lesnar (Or anyone I'm about to name) takes out Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos, Nog, and anyone else who comes calling without Fedor ever showing up to challenge said dominant UFC champ, then I think Fedor's GOAT status could be in question down the road. It has as much to do with what transpires in the octagon as much as it does Fedor's decision making...
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I love the discussion and I love the passion. Everybody knows I have the opinion he hasn't fought any real competition in a while. However, The HW ranks are thinner than say the LHW or LW divisions, so there has to be some leway, when considering what is being said.

If Fedor hasn't fought "Real Competition" for a while, then no one at HW has fought "Real Competion" for a while and if thats what you think you should throw that second point in there as well. The HW ranks are very thin, maybe the thinest overall in MMA. This is not helped by the fact that there's top 10 talent spread across two divisions
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:06 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

Sorry I have ADHD. I forgot what you posted by the time I started writing
It's okay I have done it numerous times. Never been diagnosed but that stuff came out after my time. They just said I was bad.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I love the discussion and I love the passion. Everybody knows I have the opinion he hasn't fought any real competition in a while. However, The HW ranks are thinner than say the LHW or LW divisions, so there has to be some leway, when considering what is being said.
Yeah you have to always factor in which weight class was strongest in an era to solidify who is a P4P king. I know I'm off topic but I would always say a heavier guy beats a lighter guy though. see BJ vs GSP!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Of course it will. There will never be a shortage of half retarded MMA fans so there will always be people "questioning" Fedor's legacy. To this day, PrideFC had the best HW division and i have yet to see a HW look so dominant against that caliber of competition. Considering a lot of fighters held in high regard never get to 30 wins, the fact that Fedor already have 30 without a legit loss should have it written in stone.

Fedor owes the fans nothing. He has had what would be considered a full and very active career and like i said, dominated the strongest division ever. Fedor does not care not should he anymore. If he was 10-0 he would have something to prove...he's 30-1. Let's keep in mind that what looks great now may not look so great in 2-3 years. Remember Fedor just HAD to be in the UFC when he was owning Pride...let's see how these "GREAT UFC HW's" hold up, because over the last decade the only constant in the HW division rankings have been Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira....the rest of these cats are johnny come latelys until proven otherwise, not saying they can't but they they havent...and by that i mean none of them stand on any type of platform that Fedor must step on unless they really start cleaning house. Nobody is really doing that IMO. Only Cain seems to be on the path because he actually fights on a consistant basis.

Remember, Fedor is #1....since when does the gold look for the prospecters?

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah I honestly think Grim is the only legit top ten guy he has fought in a few years. imo
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

The UFC HW division has been good for six months. Stop acting like two years ago when all this first went down and the UFC had their chance that all the best fighters rankingwise were not in the UFC.

BBC bad form.

And Barnett has everything the top UFC heavies has and more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Of course it will. There will never be a shortage of half retarded MMA fans so there will always be people "questioning" Fedor's legacy. To this day, PrideFC had the best HW division and i have yet to see a HW look so dominant against that caliber of competition. Considering a lot of fighters held in high regard never get to 30 wins, the fact that Fedor already have 30 without a legit loss should have it written in stone.

Fedor owes the fans nothing. He has had what would be considered a full and very active career and like i said, dominated the strongest division ever. Fedor does not care not should he anymore. If he was 10-0 he would have something to prove...he's 30-1. Let's keep in mind that what looks great now may not look so great in 2-3 years. Remember Fedor just HAD to be in the UFC when he was owning Pride...let's see how these "GREAT UFC HW's" hold up, because over the last decade the only constant in the HW division rankings have been Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira...the rest of these cats are johnny come latelys until proven otherwise...and by that i mean none of them hold the key to Fedor's legacy unless they really start cleaning house. Nobody is really doing that IMO. Only Cain seems to be on the path because he actually fights on a consistant basis.

Very good points in all. I was never and would never say he should have been in the UFC when he was dominating Pride. However he is currently fighting and is in a weaker organization when it comes to his weight class. That being said, if he wants to keep fighting like he has stated, then he needs to come run with the big dogs and not a bunch of has beens. further more he doesn't need to blame the UFC or DW when he isn't aloud to compete in Sambo (which is the reason he couldn't reach an agreemant with Zuffa) per Fedor remember.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
since when does the gold look for the prospecters?

Man, thats good stuff. +1
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The UFC HW division has been good for six months. Stop acting like two years ago when all this first went down and the UFC had their chance that all the best fighters rankingwise were not in the UFC.

BBC bad form.

I'm pretty sure Cain would murder Barnett.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

BBC bad form.

What a goal to cheat when fighting for a title. Sorry but he has done that two times wolf.

I never meant 6 months or two years ago. He IS fighting in SF and should not be. That is my point. Barnett is a scrub who can't beat a top guy without taking roids period! Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, Mir would eat his lunch.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
since when does the gold look for the prospecters?

Man, thats good stuff. +1
Yeah that choked me when I read it. lmao
Fedor is the man, not much gold when it comes to SF heavies though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fedor thread.   Ultimate Fedor thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fedor thread.
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next