Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So long Scott Smith!

Go down 
+10
MikeyLikesIt
Birdofthad
Ludo
muayjitsu
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I would laugh my ass off if Smith takes another beating only to land another hail mary for the win.

I would love that

Not me! I will cry if that happens again. I could see Manhoef doing it, but not Smith again.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:14 pm

1)I think Le's loss to Smith was clearly due to conditioning. It also doesn't help that Le lacks KO power, he leaves guys in fights. The lack of KO power also hurts the "best pure striker" argument.

2)I think Manhoef would rough Le up.

3)Shamrock Le was a classic. Should def be revisited. Not sure who I'd pick, but Shamrock does find ways to lose latelly.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Le is only a middle of the road fighter for the same reason that would keep Melvin a middle of the road fighter - suspect ground game.

He is one of the best pure strikers in all of MMA.

Show me ONE elite striker he's faced? You can't call him an elite striker when he hasn't beaten anyone. A washed up Shamrock? Scott Smith? ROFL. Melvin would knock his head into the 2nd row.

Robbie Lawler is considered an elite striker and got absolutely dominated for all but 1 second.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Unlike Lawler, and like Manhoef, Le has a well documented striking back ground and is considered the best San Shou fighter of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Also, a smart fightfan should be able to tell he is elite just from watching him fight, even if he is fighting nobodies. Looking at the names of opponents to evaluate skill isn't always the best choice Mikey.

For instance - Lawler and Smith fought tooth and nail and had back and fourth brawls, Le and Smith was a one sided humaliating beatdown until the very end.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Also, a smart fightfan should be able to tell he is elite just from watching him fight, even if he is fighting nobodies. Looking at the names of opponents to evaluate skill isn't always the best choice Mikey.

For instance - Lawler and Smith fought tooth and nail and had back and fourth brawls, Le and Smith was a one sided humaliating beatdown until the very end.

Tru dat my nuh!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Man most a been a slow couple days if a fucking Scott Smith threads gets over 50

And Manhoef or Lawler would destroy Le, Le's kind of a pussy and doesn't have finishing power unlike those other two, highlight reel KO's for either Melvin or Robbie
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Yo has anyone ever realized how much of a double standard BBC has for Le over Fedor? He ignores logic to see evil Russian boogiemen around every corner with Fedor, but Le, a guy with no top ten wins his entire career who has constantly lied about his intentions, his fights and his future while champion for Strikeforce, gets a free pass to do as he pleases.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Yo has anyone ever realized how much of a double standard BBC has for Le over Fedor? He ignores logic to see evil Russian boogiemen around every corner with Fedor, but Le, a guy with no top ten wins his entire career who has constantly lied about his intentions, his fights and his future while champion for Strikeforce, gets a free pass to do as he pleases.

No I was just as mad about Le doing the movies Wolf. I wasn't around to post during that period is all. Nice try.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:48 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Man most a been a slow couple days if a fucking Scott Smith threads gets over 50

And Manhoef or Lawler would destroy Le, Le's kind of a pussy and doesn't have finishing power unlike those other two, highlight reel KO's for either Melvin or Robbie

+1. Le is a creative and high level striker but he would crumble in the face of Melvin's pressure IMO over the course of a fight. He likes it a lot better when he can just outclass the other guy and not have to take any punishment
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:56 pm

I also like Fedor and follow his every move more than I do Cung. I like watching Cung fight because the guy is sick. I follow BJ and Fedor alot more for real. Cung isn't in the news as much either like Fedor has been with what is going on. Anymore misleads I need to address Wolf?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm

[quote="bigbeastcardinal12"]I also like Fedor and follow his every move more than I do Cung. I like watching Cung fight because the guy is sick. I follow BJ and Fedor alot more for real. Cung isn't in the news as much either like Fedor has been with what is going on. Anymore misleads I need to address Wolf?[/quote]

Where were you on the night of November 14th, 2009?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:37 pm

[quote="LudoCain"]
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I also like Fedor and follow his every move more than I do Cung. I like watching Cung fight because the guy is sick. I follow BJ and Fedor alot more for real. Cung isn't in the news as much either like Fedor has been with what is going on. Anymore misleads I need to address Wolf?[/quote]

Where were you on the night of November 14th, 2009?

Watching the fight and crying in the corner of my living room. I meant when all the controversary when Cung wasn't fighting and blowing MMA off. I wasn't posting then or I would have been dogging out Cung too. The thing is Cung did movies and was honest about it. Fedor hasn't been and things are still popping up. Even today we get a thread about Ratfinklestein commenting on Dana to make us think something else might be happening. Of course that is what we make up as fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So long Scott Smith!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3