Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So long Scott Smith!

Go down 
+10
MikeyLikesIt
Birdofthad
Ludo
muayjitsu
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

So long Scott Smith! Empty
PostSubject: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/blog/_/name/mma/id/4985349/cung-le-wants-scott-smith-soon

Cung Le wants redemption for getting cuaght after gassing. I still can't believe it happened. Smith is a guy that can take a beating and suprise us though. He has done it a few times now. Cung is focused on fighting and trains now, where he didn't before wasting his time on movies. I hope he learned his lesson and will seek fighting full time for the next few years until he retires. He is still the best striker in MMA imo. I know most of you don't think so. I am just glad he is calling out someone and wants to compete because I love watching the best highlight reel in MMA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89jKnrtBTBQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Yay, another one sided ass beating to watch. Maybe this time he won't get caught
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Not interested. I wanna see Le vs Lawler!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

One of these days, probably after Smith's prime, he is going to hook up with elite striking training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 pm

I kind of want to see Le fight Melvin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Le vs Melvin would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Notice we arent hearing much about Cung Le's movie career since Smith knocked his ass out? Laughing

You know damn well Cung Le wants to kick his head off his shoulders and probably will in the first round of a rematch. Cung Le was trying to be too flashy and put on a show in the first fight. Not once did he look interested in actually finishing the fight. He was not nearly as game as he was when he fought Shamrock. Smith knocked his ass back down to earth and i think Cung will come back strong. Not win the title strong but a few good fights strong.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Le vs Melvin would be amazing.

Never thought about this fight? That is a fight I would love to see. I wan't to see him fight Lawler and Diaz too. I can see one of these fights happening in April. I hope they have him fight Lawler or Melvin though and realize what a fluke the Smith fight was
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Le is gonna get exposed if he faces anyone with a ground game.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Jason Von Flue...
Frank Shamrock...

Fail
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Frank said himself he went in there trying to prove a point and stand with him. So an over the hill Shamrock is a worthy opponent...yeah right. Jason Von Flue LOL!!!! No really seriously Jason Von Flue. You Fail.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah cause a guy with a patented choke named after him couldn't possibly have a groud game. In fact Le's opponents in MMA have wins of 17 KOs and 54 Submissions. Wanna rephrase that?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 pm

So if you only beat scrubs and can never take down any legit opponent you got a good ground game. Yea he has a cool shoulder choke to bad he can only catch scrubs with it not any legit fighters. So you proved you can wiki info doesn't mean Le has faced anybody with a legit ground game. Go wiki the last time frank subbed someone why don't you. Le has never beat anybody important. He is just overhyped and would have got his ass kicked if he fought in K-1 Max.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Frank said himself he went in there trying to prove a point and stand with him. So an over the hill Shamrock is a worthy opponent...yeah right. Jason Von Flue LOL!!!! No really seriously Jason Von Flue. You Fail.

and Frank knocks Cung out if the hand aint broke
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
So if you only beat scrubs and can never take down any legit opponent you got a good ground game. Yea he has a cool shoulder choke to bad he can only catch scrubs with it not any legit fighters. So you proved you can wiki info doesn't mean Le has faced anybody with a legit ground game. Go wiki the last time frank subbed someone why don't you. Le has never beat anybody important. He is just overhyped and would have got his ass kicked if he fought in K-1 Max.

Baroni
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Frank is full of himself Muay. I would expect that from him. I think Cung is a well rounded fighter with the best striking in the game. I don't see him getting beat when he is in top shape and on his game. He played with Frank and Smith. Von Flue is a guy I don't know much about? I know he got killed. Cung is not just a guy that is gonna get beat by a bjj guy. Someone needs world class skills to beat hium imo. When he is in top shape and ready to fight that is.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

and Frank knocks Cung out if the hand aint broke

Frank wouldn't have got the chance if Cung wasn't playing with him for two rounds like he did with Smith. I hope Cung has learned his lesson and starts KOing people like he used too...with boxing gloves on. Cung would have won in K-1 whatever muay. The dude is for real.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm

A guy like Hendo is Cungs worst nightmare, not a guy like Maia.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Your really high on cung BBC. I can tell your a fan so I will consider what you say a bit bias.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:02 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Your really high on cung BBC. I can tell your a fan so I will consider what you say a bit bias.

You are my leading canidate for the smartest poster on this board muay. For real. I don't know how old you are, but I might call you daddy instead of confucius
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Please don't lol I reserve that for the ladies.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Actually it wasn't Wikipedia it was Sherdog. It's called research. I tend to research something before I open my mouth about it if I don't know for an absolute fact what I'm talking about instead of looking like an idiot making blanket statements that are wholly untrue.

Scrubs or not if your 7 opponents have 3 times as many submission victories than KO victories then you have faced guys with some semblance(most of them anyway) of a ground game.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Well you can get that one stat just by beating jeremy horn.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Please don't lol I reserve that for the ladies.

This is a secret between you and I only. I have been fooling all the guys for two years now. I am really a hot lesbian, daddy! Guys named muay make me so horney!
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm

WTF!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So long Scott Smith!   So long Scott Smith! Empty

Back to top Go down

So long Scott Smith!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next