Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
Farmer1906
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
OU
NoRegret
LA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?
Dwayne Wade
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Dwight Howard
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Chris Paul
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Kevin Durant
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_lcap52%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 9 ]
Carmelo Anthony
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Throw out the starting an NBA team for a minute.

When 100% healthy, Yao vs. Howard

Yao's game is just better than Howard's especially ofensively, if you told me I'd have both guys at 100% for a series, I'd take Yao, what he did vs. the Lakers compared to Howard is like night and day.

Now see that is different, IF both guys were 100% right now today. I would take Yao. But I think if I'm picking for the next 5+ years Howard is the better pick. Yes right now when both guys are playing at there highest level Yao is a better overall player. But Howard's youth and potential give him the edge on any extended amount of time IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm

This is what Bigs was saying

Its sucks Yao has had injury promblems, the guy could have been a great great player.

Not if if you remember when Barkley said if Yao ever scored 20pts he'd kiss a donkey's ass, and Yao did it the next game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Its sucks Yao has had injury promblems, the guy could have been a great great player.

Not if if you remember when Barkley said if Yao ever scored 20pts he'd kiss a donkey's ass, and Yao did it the next game.

Yeah I know what he is saying, I'm just saying if you are starting a team Yao is not a smart choice. If you are building a team for the short term like the Celtics did when they won it all and you are assuming everyone will be healthy then yes by all means take Yao. But if you are a GM starting a team, Yao is just not the way you should go. I think most could agree with that. If not then you are not being objective(not saying you aren't).
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Yao as of now, with injury issues, yes not the best chioce, but if, like Bigs says, he had no injury issues, he wouldn't be a bad choice to start a team, it's be like basically saying I'm starting a team with the best Center in the league.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Melo got zero picks
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Yeah man Barkley totally stuck his foot in his mouth on that one.

Maybe I am being biased but I'm still being honest. I would pick Yao. Maybe it's because I've had the privelege of watching his career, night in and night out, since he stepped into a Rockets uniform. I think he's something special that doesn't come along everyday. It will be a devestating blow to the Rockets if his foot doesn't heal and he never returns to form. They have built this team to win with Yao and if he can't play the entire organization will be set back big time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4