Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
Farmer1906
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
OU
NoRegret
LA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?
Dwayne Wade
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Dwight Howard
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Chris Paul
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Kevin Durant
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 9 ]
Carmelo Anthony
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
And I did answer the question Sooner. Its not like I ignored it and said I wouldnt take anyone but Lebron god dammit I gave my response.

I guess but, "none of the above" would imply you had a better answer to the question, when really you were just being a homer.

How is it being a homer? He's the best player in the league.

That's MY OPINION and ALOT OF OTHER's OPINION. Get over it dude.

You need to stop being snippy Sooner, I dont like these snide remarks from you bro.

ha ha lighten up, you need to relax on here. Stop implying some underline tone and taking offense. It's going to be OK, we can have this conversation without getting worked up over it.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I can respect picking Durant, my comment was in reply to you saying almost laughingly you wouldn't build a team around a PG. PG's are one of the first building blocks you go for. And when healthy, CP3 is the 3rd best player in the league, people just have forgotten because he's been hurt this season.

Im not saying PG's arent important. I would rather build my team around a scorer. You can find PLENTY of good PG's in the NBA. You cannot however find many elite scorers in the league.

I like Dwight Howard because his presense both offensively and defensively in the paint, he poses alot of matchup problems.

If you had asked WHICH POSITION would I want to build from at the start. I would have picked CENTER.

But that was not the question, it was which player and I personally think that Durant and Howard are the two best players to build a team around off that list.

Thats not saying that I dont like CP3, he's one of my favorite players. I just, out of my own taste, would not use a PG as a building block over someone that can score like crazy or a center.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
And I did answer the question Sooner. Its not like I ignored it and said I wouldnt take anyone but Lebron god dammit I gave my response.

I guess but, "none of the above" would imply you had a better answer to the question, when really you were just being a homer.

How is it being a homer? He's the best player in the league.

That's MY OPINION and ALOT OF OTHER's OPINION. Get over it dude.

You need to stop being snippy Sooner, I dont like these snide remarks from you bro.

ha ha lighten up, you need to relax on here. Stop implying some underline tone and taking offense. It's going to be OK, we can have this conversation without getting worked up over it.

Its cool dude, back to the topic.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Dwight would be my second choice, because he's a center

Ranking these players on ability, I'd go CP3, Wade, KD, then Howard.

Scorers are nice, but very few have carried their teams to the promise land.

And I don't know about this plenty of good PGs in the league, there's some solid PGs, but none on CP3s level, Nash would be closest and he's like 35/36.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Ah got neg rep again cause someone got butthurt lol.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Baron Davis, Steve Nash (as you said), Deron Williams, Gilbert Arenas (pre-arrest days lol), Chauncey Billups, Mo Williams, Jason Kidd, Andre Miller, and Mike Bibby are all solid PG's that I wouldnt mind having start for my team.

Last edited by NoRegret on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Ah got neg rep again cause someone got butthurt lol.

You got a neg rep for being a doucher for no reason. I didnt attack your post, why should you get to insult my intelligence for no reason just because you disagree with my post?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:20 pm

I understand why you did it man I just find it comical thats all. I did apologize cause after i wrote it I realized it might offend you. Im just joking around a bit don't get so uptight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

None of those PGs are even close to CP3, Nash and Kidd are nearing the end of their careers.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Im sorry Muay, there's your rep point back. happy now?

Back to the thread.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok boys kiss and makeup
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
None of those PGs are even close to CP3, Nash and Kidd are nearing the end of their careers.

Thats not what im getting at. If I could build a franchise around a player. I wouldnt pick a PG with my first pick when there are so many good ones in the league.

CP3 is the best PG...we've been over this, but I wouldnt use him as my first pick for a franchise player over the other guys on this poll. Its just the way I would do things. Nothing against him though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

I have a hard time picking KD without feeling like a complete homer. I would probably take Howard because it is hard to find a big man like him. I love how KD even makes the list, the kid can flat out play and his length is just a huge advantage on both offense and defense. I also have a hard time picking CP3 but man that guy is amazing. My choices from this list would be 1. Howard, 2. Wade. Not sure who I would take for 3 between CP3 and Wade.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 pm

LA- Deron Williams and Baron Davis are both really good players dude, so is Chauncey. I know they arent on the same level as CP3, but you're saying one of the PG's that I listed put together with Dwight Howard or KD wouldnt be a great matchup? lol

Last edited by NoRegret on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I have to disagree Williams is close. They just have 2 completely different games. I love Williams size, he is a better shooter for sure and a strong finisher. I still give Paul the edge but I would say Williams is in the ballpark.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:29 pm

LOL i'm good regret I agree with LA though many of those PGs are not great PGS. If we are comparing center, PGS, and Scorers all the scorers you are mentioning are great scorers and the same should be mentioned for the PGs not just any solid PG. Look at the hornets with CP3 then look at them without him. Derron Williams is another great PG that I would have up there the Jazz are useless without him. Not a fan of Rondo but his emergence is what made celtics a solid team not the big 3. They all have been hurt he has been the only stable piece. D.Rose is getting healthy again and he is gonna make a big impact in the league.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

What about CP3 with Chris Bosh? your already putting other all-stars with ur player
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
What about CP3 with Chris Bosh? your already putting other all-stars with ur player

Yeah but if there was a fantasy draft, Chris Bosh would be gone in the 1st round, wheras over half the PG's I listed would be available in the 2nd-3rd round of it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I have to disagree Williams is close. They just have 2 completely different games. I love Williams size, he is a better shooter for sure and a strong finisher. I still give Paul the edge but I would say Williams is in the ballpark.

I love D-Will, but he's not on CP3's level, and Chris is the better shooter. Paul has played with garbage in NO
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

NoRegret wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Yeah but if there was a fantasy draft, Chris Bosh would be gone in the 1st round, wheras over half the PG's I listed would be available in the 2nd-3rd round of it.

CP3 and Gasol, Roy, Amare, ect
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Those 3 would be late 1st round picks as well IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Are you looking at this from a fantasy basketball point of view? or regular draft style?

I'll be back in a litte bit, gonna go rip a bong or two real quick.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:48 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are you looking at this from a fantasy basketball point of view? or regular draft style?

I'll be back in a litte bit, gonna go rip a bong or two real quick.

Well, none of these guys would all be available in the same year I dont think...so I am looking at it from the fantasy draft point of view.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Durant. Still laughing my ass of at Portland taking Oden over him
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Can I ask what franchise I am for this scenario?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next