Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
Farmer1906
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
OU
NoRegret
LA
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?
Dwayne Wade
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_lcap12%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Dwight Howard
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Chris Paul
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_lcap18%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Kevin Durant
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_lcap52%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_rcap
 52% [ 9 ]
Carmelo Anthony
You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_lcap0%You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Empty
PostSubject: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

And why?

No Kobe or Lebron
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 pm

None of the Above.

If I HAD to pick one not involving the two you failed to mention, I suppose I would take Kevin Durant for his sheer scoring ability...its a tossup between him and Howard.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm

NoRegret wrote:
None of the Above.

If I HAD to pick one not involving the two you failed to mention, I suppose I would take Kevin Durant for his sheer scoring ability...its a tossup between him and Howard.

None of the above? Who in the world would you pick?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:43 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
None of the Above.

Im saying if I had to pick one of em that he failed to put in (I dunno why, maybe they were the obvious picks, i.e. Kobe and Lebron) Lebron would have been my pick without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah what's with none of the above? Kobe or LeBron are out cause it's too easy then, those other 5 guys are very good players.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 pm

please god do not tell me you said none of the above because LeBron was not an option.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Here is how I would rank the players on how badly I would want them to be the building block of my franchise.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Kevin Durant
4. Dwight Howard
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Dwyane Wade
7. CP3
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
None of the Above.

Im saying if I had to pick one of em that he failed to put in (I dunno why, maybe they were the obvious picks, i.e. Kobe and Lebron) Lebron would have been my pick without a doubt.

OH COME ON! What the fuck Regret? Stop being a homer for a sec and just answer to question.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Man you need to watch CP3 more
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Sooner- Did you read ALL My post?

I said IF I HAD TO PICK I WOULD TAKE DURANT OR HOWARD
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

He's a great player. But I wouldnt want to build my team around A POINT GUARD. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm a huge D-Wade fan but he will age quickly because he drives so aggressively and takes so many shots. Even if you had Kobe up there i would no longer pick him even though i feel he is the best player in the league today he is aging quickly himself. I picked KD because he seems to be a respectable kid with crazy offensive skills once his defensive abilities catch up he will be awesome.

This is how I would rank players to build your team around...by the wy i think a great PG is one of the best ways to build your team so thats where i get my opinion from.

1. KD

2. D. Wade

3. CP3

4. Melo

5. D. Rose (not on your list but he has the right attitude and skills)

6. Dwight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Sooner- Did you read ALL My post?

I said IF I HAD TO PICK I WOULD TAKE DURANT OR HOWARD

Yeah I read that, I'm just saying it's like when I asked "Who would give GSP the best fight" and people said "no one, he can't be beat". Doesn't answer the question it was phrased that way for a reason. This question takes away the obvious to make you think a little more. Call it a peeve of mine but I just don't understand the problem with answering the question.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

And I did answer the question Sooner. Its not like I ignored it and said I wouldnt take anyone but Lebron god dammit I gave my response.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm

NoRegret wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

He's a great player. But I wouldnt want to build my team around A POINT GUARD. Sorry.

You always build teams around Centers and PGs
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Why not build around a great PG they handle the ball the most and can make mediocre talent look good. AKA Steve Nash during his MVP days. It sounds like regret only watches SportsCenter with his list.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

LA knows his BBALL.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Why not build around a great PG they handle the ball the most and can make mediocre talent look good. AKA Steve Nash during his MVP days. It sounds like regret only watches SportsCenter with his list.

Damn that was harsh muay
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

And I picked a Center as one of my top two picks. Durant is just a scoring beast which is why I picked him, but Howard was my close second choice.

Muay Jitsu- fuck off dude. You never give a valid opinion but yet you feel like you can butt in and throw out put downs like they're nothin.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah it was.... sorry regret LOL.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

I think my opinion is valid and I explained my list. I did apologize man didn't mean to bash.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

NoRegret wrote:
And I did answer the question Sooner. Its not like I ignored it and said I wouldnt take anyone but Lebron god dammit I gave my response.

I guess but, "none of the above" would imply you had a better answer to the question, when really you were just being a homer.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

I guess but, "none of the above" would imply you had a better answer to the question, when really you were just being a homer.

How is it being a homer? He's the best player in the league.

That's MY OPINION and ALOT OF OTHER's OPINION. Get over it dude.

You need to stop being snippy Sooner, I dont like these snide remarks from you bro.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I would have picked Lebron if he was on the list also not only because of playing skill but because he gets the most media attention and would be a guarantee to fill the seats in your arena. It is just a great financial choice.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm

I can respect picking Durant, my comment was in reply to you saying almost laughingly you wouldn't build a team around a PG. PG's are one of the first building blocks you go for. And when healthy, CP3 is the 3rd best player in the league, people just have forgotten because he's been hurt this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around?   You're starting a NBA team, which of these players do you build your team around? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next