Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
LA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: Empty
PostSubject: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 am

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 am

I think they should if Mir beats Carwin otherwise I'd still give Carwin the shot. I don't like naming a #1 contender then something happens and he's done nothing wrong and loses it. Hell beating Mir is a damn good victory too.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 am

Gonna be honest, just saw the article and posted it without reading it really, thought it said "Nog vs. Cain winner gets first shot at Brock". I'd atcually rather see the winner of this fight get the next shot, you're gaurenteed a different opponent then.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:02 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
I think they should if Mir beats Carwin otherwise I'd still give Carwin the shot. I don't like naming a #1 contender then something happens and he's done nothing wrong and loses it. Hell beating Mir is a damn good victory too.

I'd be cool with this
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Agree with Farmer. Brock's only had 4 fights in the UFC and 2 of them have already been against Mir. I really don't want to see him fight him for the 3rd time in 5 fights. He beat Mir's face in for all of 5 seconds in their two fights anyway. I want to see him either fight Carwin or the winner of Nog/Cain
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 am

You can make a case for the Mir/Carwin winner or Nog/Cain winner really. Either way Brock is gonna have his hands full for the next few fights. I am hyped up for the next few HW title fights. I think Cain and Carwin are going to win myself but you know my picks have sucked in the past so who knows? Mir is better than ever and Nog could pose big problems for Brock. On top of him being out for awhile it s gonna be tough to keep that belt. LA you know I beleive in ring rust after what happened to my boy Cung too.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 am

I personally think Nog/Cain have the best chance of beating brock. So i much rather see them.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:35 am

If any one of the 4 mentions beats Brock it is going to be Nog with a slick sub or Mir via getting huge and canceling Brock's advantage. I'm not so sure Mir can get there physically but he sure is hell going to try. I'd like to see one of the losers of these 2 fight fight JDS. I think a Cain-Santos fight would be awesome. If JDS can keep it standing he destroys Cain and maybe sends a message to Brock that he's got enough sprawl and scramble to maybe give him a fight.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 am

Hmm everyone assumes he will just overpower cain and take him down and destroy him. I have a feeling that if he does beat Nog he has that certain desire and fighting spirit( such as Nog and Fedor) to be able to defeat Brock.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:21 am

I think the winner of either of these fights is a good opponent for Lesnar and any four of these guys could beat Lesnar.

I don't think Lesnar is significantly better than any of these fighters, besides Mir perhaps. But if Mir 2.0 is legit, then he seems to have finally earned his place in the elites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 am

If Nog wins on Saturday night I would love to see him get a crack at Brock.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:54 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
You can make a case for the Mir/Carwin winner or Nog/Cain winner really. Either way Brock is gonna have his hands full for the next few fights. I am hyped up for the next few HW title fights. I think Cain and Carwin are going to win myself but you know my picks have sucked in the past so who knows? Mir is better than ever and Nog could pose big problems for Brock. On top of him being out for awhile it s gonna be tough to keep that belt. LA you know I beleive in ring rust after what happened to my boy Cung too.

I agree with this completely. Both winners have solid cases and either one would be a great opponent. All four of these fighters ideally could get a crack at Lesnar. You know, if the UFC really wanted to, they could have matched all of these guys up with other beatable HW's like Kongo, Gonzaga, Rothwell and CC and kept Brock busy for the next two years, but I appreciate them letting the strongest survive even if it means deflating future possible contenders down the road.

If Mir can beat Carwin, a fighter very much in the Lesnar mold, I think he shows he might have improved enough to deserve a third fight. He is a two time UFC champ(granted he has never beat a standing UFC champion) and is the only man to ever have defeated Lesnar. There is still a concern for me that Nogueira might be on the decline, even with the staph infection, injury, and bounce back against an old Captain America. But if he beats Cain, he should answer all those questions.

Brock is going to have a lot of ring rust while Cain, Nog and Mir have all remained active against top flight guys more or less. Carwin hasn't fought for as long or longer than Lesnar though. I hope Brock's illness hasn't aged him much or zapped any of his athleticism. I just wonder if we will still see the same beast in the cage we saw before. I am kind of over my hatred for Lesnar and Mir, and am just ready to see the best fighter emerge, be it Lesnar or Mir or any of these other guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah, I am tired of watching Brock mule whip Frank Mir. Lets see what someone else brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:   Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar: Empty

Back to top Go down

Nog vs. Cain winner could get first shot at Lesnar:
Page 1 of 1