Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Vick

Go down 
+13
timthebim
EliteAcidBurn
Thomasdrrn09
joshkellerseattle
Jruq
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
Ziggy116
LTFG
SOKO
OU
LA
The Great One
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Michael Vick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
no.

id want a quarterback like Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Ryan, Big Ben...the right adjustments on defense can limit Michael Vick..always has always will.

not to mention he's a souless dog snuffer.

so how do you feel about Big Ben now?

I still love him lol.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I feel Big Ben is an excellent QB.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:13 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I feel Big Ben is an excellent QB.

Same here!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 am

Yeah he's a top 10 QB talent wise
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/ESPN-runs-controversial-picture-of-a-white-Micha?urn=nfl-wp5866
Michael Vick - Page 2 Espn_runs_controversial_picture_of_a_white_michael_vick
ESPN is under fire Thursday for creating and publishing the Photoshopped image above of Michael Vick(notes) with a white face to accompany a column in ESPN The Magazine entitled "What if Michael Vick were white?"

After immediate backlash to the image, which was also posted on ESPN's website, editors replaced the online picture with a regular photograph of Vick. The website then reversed course and, as of 2:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, had restored the original, controversial image to the top of the online story.

The picture and headline accompany a thoughtful piece by noted cultural critic Toure on how Vick's race has shaped both the positive and negative aspects of his life. The author dismisses the hypothetical question posed in the article's title saying that changing Vick's race would be to fundamentally change the athlete so much as to render him unknowable.

I mean, who would this white Vick be? [...] When you alter his race, it's like those Back to the Future movies where someone goes back in time, inadvertently changes one small thing about his parents' dating history and then the person starts to disappear. If Vick had been born to white parents, you wouldn't even be reading this right now. That Vick would have had radically different options in life compared with the Vick who grew up in the projects of Newport News, Va., where many young black men see sports as the only way out.

On his Twitter account, Toure said he asked editors not to use "What if Michael Vick were white?" as the title to the article. He later said he wasn't consulted about the image choice. "Judge me on the story," he wrote, "not the art."

If you ever wonder why it's difficult to have intelligent, measured discussions about race in this country, look no further than the picture above. A fine author writes a thought-provoking piece about how the color of your skin has some bearing on the person you become. It molds you like a number of other factors like upbringing, class and parenting. He goes beyond the usual platitudes that we throw into racial discussions so as not to seem insensitive or trite. And all of that is ignored because of a race-baiting headline and a cheap Photoshop job.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 pm

all i know is he would be one ugly ass white dude
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm

What a stupid fuck story to run espn
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Michael Vick - Page 2 Espn_runs_controversial_picture_of_a_white_michael_vick
I dunno I just LOL at "White Vick"
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:28 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

As opposed to the sexy black dude you view him as today?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:31 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

As opposed to the sexy black dude you view him as today?

well... lets not take it that far
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:11 am

I'm drafting white Vick in my next draft.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:25 pm

LA wrote:
I'm drafting white Vick in my next draft.

The white Vick is Alex Smith!!!!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

except Alex Smith isnt a malicious animal abuser and murderer, as well as ex-convict.

He's the QB of the greatest NFL franchise ever..and this is the year he gets it together under Harbaugh as the west coast offense returns to the place it was born.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
except Alex Smith isnt a malicious animal abuser and murderer, as well as ex-convict.

He's the QB of the greatest NFL franchise ever..and this is the year he gets it together under Harbaugh as the west coast offense returns to the place it was born.

If I didnt know that most of this was BS I may have believed some of this shit!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Let's see

Micael Vick- Malicious animal abuser: CHECK

Micael Vick dog muderer: CHECK

Michael Vick ex convict: CHECK

Alex Smith-not malicious animal abuser: CHECK

Alex Smith-Not dog murder: CHECK

Alex Smith not ex convict: CHECK

49ers five time world champion: CHECK

Alex Smith always doing better in a wide open passing offense, but held back by defensive minded coaches void of X and O knowledge like Nolan and Singletary, a horrible offensive line, and a new offensive coordinator every year - CHECK

Harbaugh does the west coast offense: CHECK

the west coast offense was innovated in the NFL by Bill Walsh and SF 49ers: CHECK

Has Alex Smith looked the best he ever has under Harbaugh this preseason: CHECK

story checks out bro but as usual, you hang on the nutz of public enemies.

Lions fan...but of course you arent a Lions fan...THEY ARENT WINNING!...i'm sure you're an Eagles fan because Michael Vick signed a severed pittbull head for one of your kids or something.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 6:47 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Let's see

Alex Smith always doing better in a wide open passing offense, but held back by defensive minded coaches void of X and O knowledge like Nolan and Singletary, a horrible offensive line, and a new offensive coordinator every year - CHECK

the west coast offense was innovated in the NFL by Bill Walsh and SF 49ers: CHECK

Lions fan...but of course you arent a Lions fan...THEY ARENT WINNING!...i'm sure you're an Eagles fan because Michael Vick signed a severed pittbull head for one of your kids or something.

Im a Lions fan for sure and they havent been winning for damn near every since I was born. To me Michael Vick dog fighting wasnt as crazy as some of u think it was. I know places down south where dog fighting is acceptable and is considered sport. I dont agree with what Vick did but he served his time and paid his debt. This is the land of second chances besides u I guess.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 pm

timthebim wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Let's see

Im a Lions fan for sure and they havent been winning for damn near every since I was born. To me Michael Vick dog fighting wasnt as crazy as some of u think it was. I know places down south where dog fighting is acceptable and is considered sport. I dont agree with what Vick did but he served his time and paid his debt. This is the land of second chances besides u I guess.

You're fuckin nuts. That makes it not so crazy? because theres a lot of sick fucks in the world who do that and they are so apathetic to the suffering that it's considered sport to them?

It's not just in the south, it's everywehre and you know what? it's considered sick and psychopathic behavior everywhere which and i'm sure it's not sport to any sane thinking southerner or human being besides u i guess.

We are the land of second chances and he has his second chance and nobody, including me is trying to take it from him...but we're not the land of forgetting shit.

Fact is, Michael Vick tortured and killed countless dogs and would still be doing so today had he never been caught....and WHO KNOWS? maybe he is. I know some drug dealers go back to dealing. some killers go back to killing. some vandals go back to vandalizing. some burglars go back to burglarizing. some child molesters go back to child molesting...so i'm sure some dog fighter could go back to dog fighting...after all, it's just sport to some people right tim? it's not like killing a man or burning down a building. Now he probably isnt, but he's still the same sick fuck. You know he has zero understanding for an animals reason to live otherwise he would have never done what he did.

but by YOUR logic..Tim...because it was just an everyday thing for Michael Vick and it's considered a sport to sick fucks like him...it's not so crazy. To that..i say you're fuckin crazy.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Kings I never said I agree with what he did but I also believe he was made an example of because who he was at the time it happened. It was terrible that those animals were tortured but to me and many others it wasnt as shocking and terrible as many animal lovers such as your self thought it was. He lost millions of dollars and served a couple years what 18 months in prision? I know it doesnt seem like much to u but to me i think he paid alot back to society. Other athletes have came out and said they grew up watching the same kinds of things and Roy Jones also said he staged chicken fights to the death at his house. My point is every1 knows it wasnt right but he has done alot to try to regain somewhat of an image and I respect him for that.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:22 am

Lol it wasn't shocking and terrible unless you were an animal lover. Unless your a normal human being that can recognize disturbing fucking sociopathic behavior when its right in front of him

I'm glad he was made an example of. I think he should still be in jail. I don't want fuckers who have it in them to torture and kill animals walking the streets of society. Their brains aren't wired right. Its a fact
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 am

timthebim wrote:
Kings I never said I agree with what he did but I also believe he was made an example of because who he was at the time it happened. It was terrible that those animals were tortured but to me and many others it wasnt as shocking and terrible as many animal lovers such as your self thought it was. He lost millions of dollars and served a couple years what 18 months in prision? I know it doesnt seem like much to u but to me i think he paid alot back to society. Other athletes have came out and said they grew up watching the same kinds of things and Roy Jones also said he staged chicken fights to the death at his house. My point is every1 knows it wasnt right but he has done alot to try to regain somewhat of an image and I respect him for that.

You try to say "oh, i don't agree with his actions" yet you try to vindicate them in every post by making it seem like some big regional/cultural/animals are looked at differently by diffrent people whatever misunderstanding.

Also, who says i'm an animal lover? I actually don't really like being around dogs most of the time and don't even particularly like the one i live with....but you don't have to be some PETA droid or some hippie to understand how sick it is to do what Michael Vick did.

Let's disregard the actual gambling ring and the dog fighting although that is bad enough. How about drowning dogs..picking them up and slamming them until they are dead...suffocation..ELECTROCUTION of the dogs. MASS GRAVES. Where is the sport in that? What is there that we don't understand? That is flat out psychpathic behavior. Read anything up on some serial killer and the first thing they are noted for is cruelty to animals and only few are worse than Vick in that regard, though i'll admit...By chapter 2, Dahmer and the rest of crime library crew definetly have Vick beat by a gruesome landslide...but it's still the telling sign of psychopathic behavior and Vick is a nut and that type of person isnt afraid to pull the trigger.

This isnt even some inner city kid trying to make money anyway he can. Vick was filthy rich and he was still doing this shit...it was for fun because i guess gambing at the craps table was not as fun for Vick...maybe cards werent his bag.

Michael Vick isnt sorry for what he did...he's only sorry that society values worthless animals such as canines, he's sorry it's against the law, he sorry he got caught, he's sorry he went to jail, and most of all, he's DAMN sorry he lost millions.

Just because he went on timeout and had to sit in the corner does not mean the sick fuck in him does not remain...certainly does not mean people have to shut up about it. Come on...regain his image. He's simply playing football and doing what his agents and apparently the NFL commissioner is telling him to do so maybe one day, people will stop picketing him but whats done is done..he can go on and play football and he can play it well and make millions, The only difference now, is the Michael Vick isnt stupid as shit..he knows he's not untouchable and knows how much HE has to lose by breaking the law. It's all about him, he has no clue internally why what he did was so wrong and fine, thats who he is...but he's a sick fuck until they day he hits the casket as far as i'm concerned.

Tim, you like to give second chances...and so do i. Michael Vick gets the second chance...but thats to not fuck up again and im down with that chance....but second chance does not mean playing dumb. I'm not gonna pretend that this is some different guy when the only difference now is that he's smart enough to protect his career..and who knows if he's smart enough, maybe it's just that people are watching his every move looking out for his best interest watching every move of the people that are looking for him to do something psychopathic again. Micahel Vick is likely not even a fuckin individual anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Vick   Michael Vick - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Vick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2