Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What current WW would give GSP the most problems?

Go down 
+14
Ninja
LA
EliteAcidBurn
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
Bigs03
MMAEYES
redvexx8
Wolfgangsta
NoRegret
Farmer1906
ohiovol62
SOKO
OU
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who gives GSP the best fight?
Jake Shields
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap8%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Thiago Alves
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap12%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Jon Fitch
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap0%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nick Diaz
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap16%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Josh Koscheck
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap28%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
BJ Penn(I know he isn't a current WW)
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap24%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Dan Hardy
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap4%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
other(specify)
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_lcap8%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Empty
PostSubject: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Who can give GSP the best fight at WW?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:12 pm

I say diaz cause he has a chin good reach and is solid on the ground. Shields is in the running and penn if he is what we have seen his last two fights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:19 pm

I voted Nick but I think Fitch comes in at a close 2nd. I think he would come in with a better gameplan and understanding of how to fight GSP then the 1st time around, plus he showed he is a tough mother fucker. I had Nick, Fitch and BJ at the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm

None of the above should have been one of the choices
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:39 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:

Well that wouldn't make any sense. Other was an option. The question doesn't say "Who will BEAT GSP?" the question just ask who will give him the best fight? How would "none of the above" make any sense as an answer for this question? If you have a better canidate just list him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Based on history I'll go with Kos. He gave GSP the toughest challenge, but still didn't really compete with him.

I could go other and say Hughes since he has beaten GSP.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

Well that wouldn't make any sense. Other was an option. The question doesn't say "Who will BEAT GSP?" the question just ask who will give him the best fight? How would "none of the above" make any sense as an answer for this question? If you have a better canidate just list him.

I was trying to be funny. I fail again. Sad

Last edited by ohiovol62 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Based on history I'll go with Kos. He gave GSP the toughest challenge, but still didn't really compete with him.

I could go other and say Hughes since he has beaten GSP.

I almost threw Hughes in there but at this point in time I don't think he deserves to be on the list, I could have thrown Serra on there as well since he also holds a win over GSP. But both guys are on the decline while every other fighter listed on here including GSP is still improving. Just didn't feel a need to add either one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

I was trying to be funny. I fail again. Sad

ha ha I thought so, maybe I'm just a dick
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I voted for Jake Shields. I guess GSP could get caught by Kos or Hardy. Just don't think so.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
I voted for Jake Shields. I guess GSP could get caught by Kos or Hardy. Just don't think so.

I think Nick has better BJJ then Jake and much better standup IMO. I think Nick and BJ both have a better chance of pulling a sub.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Kos
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Nick doesn't have better BJJ when it comes to MMA jujitsu. Not even close. The wrestling difference between the two is tremendous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

I think Nick has better BJJ then Jake and much better standup IMO. I think Nick and BJ both have a better chance of pulling a sub.

Sorry Sooners, but you think wrong

Shield's resume:

Submission & Grappling:

* Gracie B.J.J. Black Belt
* 3rd at 2005 ADCC World Submission Championships
* Pan American 2005 Jii Jitsu Champion
* Pan Am Submission Advance Champion
* 3X Grapplers Quest Advance Champion
* Calif. Professional Absolute Champion
* Two Time All-American Collegiate Wrestler

Significant victories over:

* Diego Sanchez (UFC reality show winner,)
* Leo Santos ( 7x Jui Jitsu World Champion and ADCC finalist)
* Jon Fitch (UFC fighter)
* Viniciuse Magalhaes ( 3x BJJ World Champ. & Absoulte Champion)
* Augusto Cesar (silver medalist at Jui Jitsu World Championships)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nick doesn't have better BJJ when it comes to MMA jujitsu. Not even close. The wrestling difference between the two is tremendous.

Well I disagree, I think Nick has much better standup so he doesn't have to rely on his BJJ near as much as Jake in his fights. IMO that is pretty much all Jake has so he is much more active looking for the subs. If Nick could do just as good if not better if choose to, he is just more well rounded so he doesn't have to rely on just BJJ the way Jake does, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

One of Jake Shield's main weapon wrestling would be nullified.

I think GSP has made it clear that he has no problems with wrestlers.
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

I think Kos has some of the best standup among the guys listed matched with his great wrestling skills to possibly keep it standing with GSP if they fought this time.

Now....I am by no means saying Kos would win or that he WOULD keep it standing...its all hypothetical...

I do believe Kos has the best shot of any WW at this present time though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:52 pm

the poll is pretty spread out so far.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Because there is no clear answer. No one is going to give GSP problems so one guy is as good as the next.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Because there is no clear answer. No one is going to give GSP problems so one guy is as good as the next.

Yeah I suppose, I don't really agree with that but I know some do. I think a couple of them could give him real problems.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:56 pm

I got to go with BJ. I feel like his cardio is good enough now that he could defend the takedown for more than just one round. I feel like if they do fight again and if GSP wins it will look like Randy's win vs Vera. JMO

I do think Nick could give GSP some trouble but I still think BJ has a better chance.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I picked other because no one on this list poses much of a threat to GSP. The only way GSP gets a real challenge is by moving up.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 pm

GSP runs right through all of them like nothing. I still think Alves may possibly be the biggest threat to him and he just got done receiving a massive one sided ass beating.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I picked other because no one on this list poses much of a threat to GSP. The only way GSP gets a real challenge is by moving up.

Then who is your other at WW? So no on on the list can make him sweat at all? No one pushes him any harder then the rest? No one is saying your pick has to win or even come close. Just simply who would make him work the hardest for the win.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

I went with BJ, with cause. Ever since he got his ass into Marv Marinovich's place for conditioning, he has been nothing short of spectacular. I know he has lost twice to GSP, but he also used to gas fairly easy, now he doesn't gas at all.

Also, I love your avatar dude. Homer Simpson x-ray pic is hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? Empty

Back to top Go down

What current WW would give GSP the most problems?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next