Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What current WW would give GSP the most problems?

Go down 
+14
Ninja
LA
EliteAcidBurn
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
Bigs03
MMAEYES
redvexx8
Wolfgangsta
NoRegret
Farmer1906
ohiovol62
SOKO
OU
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who gives GSP the best fight?
Jake Shields
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Thiago Alves
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Jon Fitch
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nick Diaz
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Josh Koscheck
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
BJ Penn(I know he isn't a current WW)
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Dan Hardy
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
other(specify)
What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 pm

I think Shields get clowned by GSP, and Diaz i dont even deserves to be in the Octagon with him. However I do think with Kos on the roll he seems to be on lately, he might give GSP the best fight.

But i still think GSP whoops all there asses.

Maybe they can get a handicapped match going.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Ugh, now everyone thinks Nick would give GSP trouble? I'll comeback when everyone regains their common sense.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I think Penn gassing at 170 had a lot to do with him having to grapple with guys bigger than him.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Koscheck would pose the most trouble from that list.

Nick Diaz would be second to last right above Hardy. His wrestling is pretty mediocre and his style of punches of bunches won't work at all against GSP. Georges is a terrible matchup for him.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Had to go with BJ because, out of all the fighters on the list, Penn is still the best. But, as for current welterweights, I'd have to choose Koscheck.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ugh, now everyone thinks Nick would give GSP trouble? I'll comeback when everyone regains their common sense.

Only 3 out of 18 right now have picked Nick. The question only ask who would give him the MOST problems. It doesn't ask you to pick out the guy that can beat GSP. The question is just to see who you think would make GSP work the hardest, who can give him the most respectable fight. Clearly most people do not believe any WW currently stands a chance to actually win. You don't have to give the guy a shot of winning, just the guy that gives him the best fight. I think people are having problems separating the two.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
I picked other because no one on this list poses much of a threat to GSP. The only way GSP gets a real challenge is by moving up.

Then who is your other at WW? So no on on the list can make him sweat at all? No one pushes him any harder then the rest? No one is saying your pick has to win or even come close. Just simply who would make him work the hardest for the win.

If I had to choose I would go with Kos, but again, none of those guys poses much of a threat at all. He's that much better than the rest at 170. He's absolutely laid waste to the top guys in the division, I see no reason that would change anytime soon. Nick Diaz has looked very good lately but the competition he's looked good against is nothing compared to the competition GSP has faced over the past few years. Give GSP the same competition that Nick has had and he runs roughshod over them. Give Nick the same competition GSP has faced and he most likely has multiple losses. Their level of competition really isn't even comparable.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Bigs... I think most people would agree with that. However that is why the question is phrased the way it is. It doesn't ask who could beat GSP but rather who would be his toughest test. Now he may be better then his next closest competitor by a large margin but that really doesn't matter for this question. I was going to just ask who is the #2 WW in the world? But I don't think that answer necessarily gives you the biggest test for GSP because of styles and whatnot. Just curious to what everyone thought. I mean GSP has to fight someone right? We can't just not give anyone because he is that much better.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:43 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs... I think most people would agree with that. However that is why the question is phrased the way it is. It doesn't ask who could beat GSP but rather who would be his toughest test. Now he may be better then his next closest competitor by a large margin but that really doesn't matter for this question. I was going to just ask who is the #2 WW in the world? But I don't think that answer necessarily gives you the biggest test for GSP because of styles and whatnot. Just curious to what everyone thought. I mean GSP has to fight someone right? We can't just not give anyone because he is that much better.

And that is where the move to MW comes in.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Wow there are some thick heads in here LOL at OUSOONERSOU having to explain it over and over.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm

i went with Nick Diaz. GSP has already smashed Alves, Fitch, and Penn. Koscheck has a shot, but i think Nick Diaz with his length, unorthodox striking, and bjj skills would have the best shot at giving him a tough fight. Before people start getting they're panties in a bunch, i will say that GSP would beat Nick Diaz as well as everyone on this list. But the question was who do you think could give him problems. IMO stylistically Nick could cause some problems for Georges, but ultimatley i think GSP would ware him down with his wrestling and either GnP him or win by decision.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:08 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i went with Nick Diaz. .

Shocker Shocked lol
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 am

haha i know
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 am

Nick Diaz sort of this years Carlos Condit. Remember when he would have been on this list?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nick Diaz sort of this years Carlos Condit. Remember when he would have been on this list?

That's the problem with Diaz also. The level of competition Condit was fighting in the WEC is nothing compared to what GSP faces regularly in the UFC. Same with Nick, the level of competition is nowhere close. Nick could come to the UFC and never even earn a shot at GSP because I think there are multiple guys on Sooners list that could and would beat Nick Diaz. GSP is simply on another level and Nick would have a lot of work to do to warrant getting a shot at GSP if he came to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:34 am

It's weird that Jon Fitch, the guy who is almost a unanimous number 2 in the WW division doesn't have a single vote. But that's just a testament to his lack of offensive skills. He's easily the toughest guy, and would probably be the hardest for GSP to finish, but he just doesn't have what it takes. As for my vote, I would put it on Hazelett now that I think about it. I clicked on Hardy, but that was before I had thought about how great and creative a grappler Hazelett is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 am

Nothing slows creativity like being flat on your back eating elbow after elbow after being half concussed by a superman punch that landed before you even realized it was being thrown.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

Chorky, you have a good point on Fitch, but he hasn't looked the same since his last ass whipping by GSP. But Hazlett? Didn't he just get his ass kicked by Daley? Great grappler? Maybe. But you are not a great grappler, when you now think you want to be a striker.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Chorky, you have a good point on Fitch, but he hasn't looked the same since his last ass whipping by GSP. But Hazlett? Didn't he just get his ass kicked by Daley? Great grappler? Maybe. But you are not a great grappler, when you now think you want to be a striker.

I think if Hazelett could take a mulligan on his fight with Daley he would rethink that horrible gameplan. He should've been immediately trying to take the fight to the ground. I don't know what he was thinking but whoever made that gameplan for him should be fired. Hazelett was way overmatched standing in that fight yet he stood straight up and let Daley tee off on his face. Stupid.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 am

Dustin Hazlett would get mauled in any phase of the game by GSP.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 am

Bigs03 wrote:

I think if Hazelett could take a mulligan on his fight with Daley he would rethink that horrible gameplan. He should've been immediately trying to take the fight to the ground. I don't know what he was thinking but whoever made that gameplan for him should be fired. Hazelett was way overmatched standing in that fight yet he stood straight up and let Daley tee off on his face. Stupid.

+1
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 am

i went kos, I think diaz 2nd and shields 3rd
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Well, the question, as has been pointed out many times is who would give GSP the most problems. I happen to think Hazelett's creative yet technical grappling could give him some problems. I'm not saying Hazelett's even close to being good enough to win the fight, but if I had to imagine a way to give GSP problems, Dustin's got the only thing I can imagine. I'd compare it to Demian Maia vs. Anderson. Do I think Maia would win? No. But I can see how he could pose more of a threat to him than any standup fighter. Slick grappling is something that very few people have, and it's a tool that can give anybody problems if a fight ends up on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Good point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What current WW would give GSP the most problems?   What current WW would give GSP the most problems? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What current WW would give GSP the most problems?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2