Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride Empty
PostSubject: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:08 pm

MMAyou.com: Here’s a question from one of your fans that I thought was a really good question. Why did the Pride judges hate you so much?

Mezger: You know, I’ll tell you truthfully man, I wouldn’t play ball with them on certain things. They wanted me to do certain things that’s just not something that I’m gonna do. It’s against my, kind of my moral code and I think it pissed them off because I’m not gonna do some of the stuff that they wanted me to do. And I knew the moment that I disagreed, that I wasn’t gonna play the game with them on that that things were gonna go south for me there.

MMAyou.com: Can we get into anymore then that or should we just leave that at that?

Mezger: I don’t really want to get into the whole thing you know it’s just that they were wanting me to be creative in some of the guys I fought. They wanted kind of a different outcome for the fight and when I refused… They started with the whole talking about it and I was like, “Guys, I know where we’re going with this. Before you guys say anything I’m not gonna do it. I know where we’re going with this conversation and that’s just not something I’m gonna do”. I knew when that happened that I was gonna have to knock guys out. It was kind of a drag. I knew that any of those tough close fights were gonna be… I knew it. (Editor’s note: Mezger lost 3 split decision matches in Pride and Pride officials wanted him to fight an overtime round against Kazushi Sakuraba despite his contract saying that the fight would only be one fifteen minute round with no overtime. Mezger left the ring after being advised by his trainer Ken Shamrock to do so and the president of Pride FC later made a public apology to Mezger for the miscommunication.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2571732940_da046439ac.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/6/11/550357/guy-mezger-on-pride-and-wo&usg=__gEtAe4ICoGjk4hq8XOTPShXIJlI=&h=290&w=348&sz=37&hl=en&start=8&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=efN9uf9tBU3_aM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dguy%2Bmezger%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't doubt that there is a possibility they jacked him around, but here is my problem: If you're going to make those accusations, don't be all damn vague about it. You're no longer fighting for the organization, so there is no worries of repercussions. The Yakuza isn't going to come get you.

The whole "they did something bad, believe me, but let's not get into specifics" is a load of horseshit. Tell me specifically what they did and I'll find it a whole lot easier to support your position. Stop being such a politician about it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
I don't doubt that there is a possibility they jacked him around, but here is my problem: If you're going to make those accusations, don't be all damn vague about it. You're no longer fighting for the organization, so there is no worries of repercussions. The Yakuza isn't going to come get you.

The whole "they did something bad, believe me, but let's not get into specifics" is a load of horseshit. Tell me specifically what they did and I'll find it a whole lot easier to support your position. Stop being such a politician about it.

well Krazy for starters the MMA world knows that PRide 1 was full of fixes most notably Coleman vs Takada

not worth getting sue'd

everyone knows Pride had fixes

I dont know if you are aware Krazy but Guy vs Kazushi was in the Pride tournament Grand Prix

winner faced Royce Gracie, Guy couldve knocked Kazushi out cold and they wouldve found a reason to have Kazushi vs Royce
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Can you be sued by a defunct organization? Not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:01 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Can you be sued by a defunct organization? Not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV.

no you cant get sued by a defunct organization but at the time of this interview was 2008, Pride hadnt been gone that long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride   Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride Empty

Back to top Go down

Guy Mezger On Problems with Pride
Page 1 of 1