Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen comission problems

Go down 
+2
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Chael Sonnen comission problems Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Good, he'd fight sooner if he wasn't on the dumbass show
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

if he has too many "problems" to do tuf then how is he gonna fight? that makes no sense
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Do a SF TUF, Hendo vs Fedor
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:52 pm

i really dont want to hear fedors translator lady, every again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Faber, Cruz winner vs Miguel Torres for TUF 14 please.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Torres would have to beat a guy like Bowles to get that fight.

Doubt it'd be that lady if Fedor did TUF, but man those guys would get great training, but it was a joke, they'd never do a SF TUF.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

THANK you
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 am

Sonnen doesn't deserve it anyways. They should have Sonnen face Paul Harris on the undercard. A tough opponent, not in the spotlight. There you go douche bag. No half-ass tapping out with Paul Harris.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 am

I'd love to see this animal get a crack at Chael. My money is on Paul Harris.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Bad matchup for Chael although if he was smart he would just his wrestling to keep it on the feet. Same if he ever rematches Maia. He would beat those two up standing just on volume and activity

Last edited by bobbitt15 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Bad matchup for Chael although if he was smart he would just his wrestling to keep it on the fight. Same if he ever rematches Maia. He would beat those two up standing just on volume and activity

Exactly why I want to see it. I think Chael deserves a punishment, Paul Harris is a bad matchup for him but he doesn't have the "name" that casual fans really know. So it is a dangerous fight with not much upside for him. But I hate Chael so that should explain why I love this matchup. I think Paul Harris would win.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 pm

if chael can't learn to defend subs than he doesn't deserve another shot
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:21 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23117/nsac-head-chael-sonnen-needs-to-answer-for-testosterone-referee-comments.mma
Sonnen then met with Nevada State Athletic Commission officials in Las Vegas to explain statements he'd made about his use of prescribed testosterone. He also was set to learn what to expect if he applied for a second's license that would allow him to coach the reality show later this year.

The meeting – which was also attended by UFC president Dana White, UFC executive Lorenzo Fertitta and other high-ranking officials from the promotion – did not go well.

"With his explanations, I don't know how productive of a meeting it was," NSAC executive director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I really did expect a much more constructive meeting out of that. But it just wasn't there. I think Zuffa tried; I know we tried. I put the blame completely on Mr. Sonnen."

Things started off on the wrong foot, according to the NSAC head, when Sonnen, who's been heavily rumored to coach "TUF 14" opposite Michael Bisping, deflected initial questions about lying to the California State Athletic Commission during a hearing this past December. At the hearing, which followed Sonnen's failed UFC 117 drug test, his his one-year suspension was halved.

At the hearing, Sonnen claimed he had spoken to Kizer about his use of testosterone prior to his fight with Nate Marquardt at UFC 109 and had received a verbal greenlight. He said the same in a subsequent interview with HDNet's "Inside MMA" program.

Kizer, though, denied ever speaking to Sonnen about the issue in an interview with MMAjunkie.com shortly after the fighter's hearing.

"His point was, 'Well, you and I have never talked before right now, but I don't think I lied,'" Kizer said.

"Then he gave some very strange story and claimed, 'My manager and you talked about therapeutic exemptions, and therefore, I just used the wrong word. I should have said 'my' instead of 'I.' As in 'my manager' instead of 'I.'

"I was very straight with him, saying, 'That's a ridiculous explanation.'"

Kizer then explained that if Sonnen wanted a second's license, he would be required to answer questions about his statements to the CSAC in a formal NSAC hearing. He also would likely need to answer questions about his pending sentencing on a federal charge of money laundering and his criticism of referee Josh Rosenthal following his fight with Paulo Filho at WEC 31. (Sonnen claimed he didn't submit to Filho in the second round of the fight.)

"You want to criticize a referee and say, 'I don't think he did a very good job,' that's one thing," Kizer said. "But to out and out lie about what happened in the match is a different thing. So I think that will get brought up as well because I'd bring it up."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Why should Chael have to answer for comments about the Filho fight? Aren't we past that? I personally find it annoying that he denies tapping out in his fights, the way he pretended he didn't tap out vs Spider. But that Filho fight happened in 2008.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Kizer sounds like a douche bag with an ego which I'm sure he is
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Yeah I hate Chael, but I get that feeling as well. Seems like dude is probably a real dick.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 pm

I think pretty much everyone involved with the NSAC/almost every commision is. Look at what a circus that Barnett shit was
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I think pretty much everyone involved with the NSAC/almost every commision is. Look at what a circus that Barnett shit was

Same people that claimed Diaz was high during the Gomi fight and that it made him "numb to pain" and helped him win. Which is odd since he was surrounded by cameras and people for hours leading up to the fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 am

Chael Sonnen comission problems 33aqej5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:05 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23555/chael-sonnens-license-re-suspended-in-california-commission-hearing-on-may-18.mma
Chael Sonnen first will need to clear the air with California before he does so with Nevada.

The California State Athletic Commission again has suspended Sonnen's
license – this time indefinitely – for his recent conviction on a
federal charge of money laundering, as well as "providing false
testimony" during an appeal hearing held this past December.

Sonnen and his representatives have appealed the suspension and will
appear before the commission during a meeting on May 18 in Los Angeles,
CSAC Executive Director George Dodd told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"The commission wants to review his testimony, and they felt they need
to suspend his license because they felt there was some false testimony
given to the athletic commission when he appeared back in December,"
Dodd said. "That way Chael can come explain himself. Obviously, there
were comments made during that commission meeting that have come up to
be false, and so we're going to review those, as well."

Sonnen's current suspension will be noted on the Association of Boxing
Commission's fighter database, though Dodd said it's up to each
individual commission to decide whether or not to issue the fighter a
license. He said Sonnen's current license was supposed to run from June
2010 to June 2011.

However, fighting in the Golden State is off the table until the commission's concerns are addressed.

"His license in California will be suspended until the commission feels
he's provided rehabilitation, or whatever the commission feels that
needs to be done in order to re-grant his license," Dodd said.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:07 am

I'd be pissed but I don't expect to see him back before fall anyway. Still think its him and Bisping
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'd be pissed but I don't expect to see him back before fall anyway. Still think its him and Bisping

Looking worse and worse for Chael.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:57 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I would not want to be on Sonnen or Bispings team in TUF, that would be tough either way.

Yeah it adds to the phrase "Do you want to be a fucking fighter?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen comission problems   Chael Sonnen comission problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen comission problems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next