Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane Carwin announces retirement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Shane Carwin announces retirement Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Shane Carwin announces retirement Carwin
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Never the same after the Brock monster got a hold of him
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:25 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Never the same after the Brock monster got a hold of him

and apparently vice versa.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

Shane Carwin announces retirement HF04F67D6
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:20 am

We hardly knew you Shawn, we hardly knew you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:24 am

Here is how I view Carwin. Came in at the right time, just like Brock. Weak division with no depth. I think he would likely lose to everyone in the top 10 right now. He almost got knocked out by GG and ended his run before it started and he also almost beat Brock to become UFC Champion. Overall, he won't be missed.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

It's ashame Carwin struggled with injuries so much cause the guy was a monster.

I still believe Carwin would have smashed Cain before he got that title shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:35 am

Ali* wrote:

Really? I think Cain would have made him look similar to the way JDS made him look. Fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:39 am

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Really? I think Cain would have made him look similar to the way JDS made him look. Fucked up.

This would have been back 09 when Shane was only 34 and had alot of momentum.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:43 am

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

This would have been back 09 when Shane was only 34 and had alot of momentum.

I don't think he was ever as good as Cain, even at his peak. He matched up favorably vs Mir since he has a good chin, good power and Mir couldn't take him down. But other then that he never looked good vs better competition. More hype than substance.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:44 am

Shane would of hand a chance to land a big punch and win, but that would be the only chance. Cain would of killed him.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:46 am

Shane Carwin announces retirement 10001340

Shane Carwin announces retirement 1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:50 am

I seem to remember Cain winning that Kongo fight? That's almost like me showing you a gif of GG rocking Shane...
Shane Carwin announces retirement Gonzagarockscarwin

Last edited by OU on Wed May 08, 2013 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:51 am

What does Cain walking through KO shots from Kongo then dumping his ass or JDS landing a punch on a less then mobile Cain, like the one I said would be the only chance Carwin would have of stopping Cain, have to do with anything. Carwin was not nor ever as good at MMA.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:53 am

My Favorite Cawin win.

Shane Carwin announces retirement 10001141
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:54 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
My Favorite Cawin win.

Shane Carwin announces retirement 10001141

I always enjoy Frank Mir getting his ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:57 am

Seriously we're back to this shit ?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I've not even been online an hour and I've went from 12 to 2 you guys are fucking assholes.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:54 pm

The roids are worth mentioning. Renbolone, testosterone, stanozolol and nandrolone are not drugs you want to be linked to or if you are taking them, stopping if you want to stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:57 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The roids are worth mentioning. Renbolone, testosterone, stanozolol and nandrolone are not drugs you want to be linked to or if you are taking them, stopping if you want to stay healthy.

No doubt he was on roids at some point.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/14/1623041/ufcs-shane-carwin-tied-to-steroid

remember this? Heavy speculation. No actual proof, but the writing is on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin announces retirement   Shane Carwin announces retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane Carwin announces retirement
Page 1 of 1