Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"

Go down 
+3
Ali
GDPofDRC
jewzilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" Empty
PostSubject: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:30 am

Dana just said Anderson called him during the event tonight and wants a fight.

Reporter asked, "with either Jones or GSP?"

White, "Yes"

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:35 am

Hopefully for jones, probably for GSP.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 am

either one works for me. Jones is probably gonna be on the shelf for a bit though now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:23 am

Anderson beats either. Yep...i said it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:06 am

Bones will defeat Silva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:36 am

I think Jones vs Anderson will be the biggest fight in history of the UFC. Whoever wins that would have a great claim to being the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:40 am

Neg me all you want Kings but I just don't see how Andy comes out of that fight with the victory, Bones will take him down and shred Silva with those adamantium elbows.

Bones will be able to match Silva with speed and athleticism. If Andy tries anymore of that Matrix act against the cage Jon will catch him with jabs all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:44 am

Silva is still the faster and better striker. Hell either have to keep it standing or just his bjj to get a sub. Jones needs to use his wrestling if he wants to win. If he gets arrogant and tries to beat Silva with standup he will get destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 am

Silva's speed and reflexes have been declining for awhile now honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Weidman catches him.

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" 124_anderson_silva_vs_stephan_bonnar_gallery_post.0_standard_352.0
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 am

It's moot anyway. This fight aint happening. Dana is just trying to keep interest alive. There is nothing more dull than Jones at LHW right now but Dana is afriad to move him to HW because the gap of his size advantage(which is what makes him who he is, don't get it twisted) closes big time. Ateast there seems to always be somebody at MW that people foolishly think can beat Silva..the flavor of the year is Weidman. So there is no hurry to get him in these superfighs even though it seems like there is...mainly because things have staled in the divisions of his potential super fight opponents.

This is why Dana is now trying to make HW's cut to 205. He's afraid Jones is not special at HW and he also does not want a vacant LHW title as he doesnt like any of the potential heirs to the throne. Even though if Jones vacated the title it wouldnt hurt it a bit. LHW's arent supposed to be able to fuck with HW's..after all.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:19 am

I can definitely see Bones vs. Silva happening later in the year as long as Andy comes out with the victory in July. I mean who else is Silva going to face at MW after Weidman ? nobody is in any rush to see Silva vs. Rockhold.

Silva's next two fights need to be Bones and GSP.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:28 am

Ali* wrote:
I can definitely see Bones vs. Silva happening later in the year as long as Andy comes out with the victory in July. I mean who else is Silva going to face at MW after Weidman ? nobody is in any rush to see Silva vs. Rockhold.

People got in a hurry to see Weidman fight for the title and all he did was crush a painfully overrated Mark Munoz. If Rockhold breezed through Belfort you bet your ass Luke Rockhold becomes the next guy Anderson is ducking. Also, even though he defeated Belfort, many people felt that their fight was not truly representative of the actual matchup between the two. So much can change...and let's not forget that while people recognize that UFC is a hype machine, they almost always fall for it. They just hyped Sonnen in a fight he physically and statistically had no buisness in. Surely they can and will hype the next threat to Silva's throne AT 185.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:56 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali* wrote:

People got in a hurry to see Weidman fight for the title and all he did was crush a painfully overrated Mark Munoz. If Rockhold breezed through Belfort you bet your ass Luke Rockhold becomes the next guy Anderson is ducking. Also, even though he defeated Belfort, many people felt that their fight was not truly representative of the actual matchup between the two. So much can change...and let's not forget that while people recognize that UFC is a hype machine, they almost always fall for it. They just hyped Sonnen in a fight he physically and statistically had no buisness in. Surely they can and will hype the next threat to Silva's throne AT 185.

Why? Because Silva doesn't KO people via highlight?

And I see people are still talking about Silva ducking people. Such silliness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 am

Yeah I think people are forgetting the Weidman-Maia fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 am

the ducking part was meant to be sarcastic. Turn that detecter on next time you log in and remember that a Silva fan is making the post.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:42 am

freakzilla wrote:
Yeah I think people are forgetting the Weidman-Maia fight.

I think people are forgetting he cut 40lbs in like a week to fight Maia on short notice.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:48 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
the ducking part was meant to be sarcastic. Turn that detecter on next time you log in and remember that a Silva fan is making the post.

Don't u tell me what to do.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Silva probably told Dana he wanted no part of Bones and wanted a fight with GSP. GSP won't take the fight. We all get screwed in the end...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Silva wont call Dana after the Jones fight to say he wants GSP.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 pm

freakzilla wrote:

So...you saying he would fight Bones, but he wouldn't fight GSP? If so, I doubt that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

So...you saying he would fight Bones, but he wouldn't fight GSP? If so, I doubt that.

He would fight both though this time he called specifically to say he wants Jones.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:33 pm

freakzilla wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

He would fight both though this time he called specifically to say he wants Jones.

I hope so. After he gets beat by Weidman and Bones that will be his only fight left.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Don't u tell me what to do.

Check the color of the screen name pilgrim...you're in my world.

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" John_wayne-300x300
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"   UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event" Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 159 Postfight Presser: Dana White "(Anderson) Silva Called me tonight at the Event"
Page 1 of 1