Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official Bowl Thread

Go down 
+2
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Official Bowl Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 am

Here is what it looks like for the BCS Bowls

BCSNCG - Alabama vs. Notre Dame
Orange Bowl - Florida State vs. Louisville (weakest game, sorry BBC)
Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Oklahoma (rematch from NC game a few years back, solid match up.)
Fiesta Bowl - Kansas State vs. Oregon (the NC game that wasn't. Interesting matchup.)
Rose Bowl - Stanford vs. Wisconsin (5 loss teams should not be allowed in the BCS)

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 am

Some other predictions

Cap 1
A&M v Neb (even though they went last year)

Cotton
UGA v t.u.

ChickFilA
LSU v Clemson

Outback
USC v NW
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Party over here! Sup guy's? Not much here. Just looking in a mirror and being awesome.

Lol!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Russel Athletic for Rutgers. Ga Tech probable opponent.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 pm

GT shouldn't be in a bowl.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Actually Va Tech.

6-6, 4-4 in conf. 0-2 vs BE this year.

Solid history, but a terrible season for them, they were ranked top 10 early in the year.

RU never gets to play up. It's always vs a team in which we will get little respect with a win.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Shocker - NIU is going to make 16 which moves OU to the Cotton which means the Cotton doesn't have to beg the Cap1 to pick A&M which makes Silve happy the UGA goes to Cap 1 and now the 3rd best bow match up of the year is OU v A&M in Jerryworld on Fox primetime, only game on the 4th!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 am

Full Bowl Schedule
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8048429/2012-13-bowl-schedule

Top 3 Matchups by BCS Rankings
#1 ND v #2 Bama
#4 UO v #5 KSU
#9 TAMU v #11 OU
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

What did LSU do about the bowl? Is there a video? I heard they didn't like the choice obviously they got screwed.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 am

Well you have 4 equally deserving teams in LSU USC TAMU and UGA. It's theBCS's fault for not taking more than 2 per conference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am

Fuck the Big 10 and the Big East for being pathetic conferences not deserving of AQ this season. Actually a special fuck you to Ohio State for not being eligible but if we are being honest even Ohio State would get the shit kicked out of them in a real conference this season.
They would have been another 7-5 team in the Big 12 like Ok St, TCU, Tech, WV and Baylor.
Fuck the system, but a special fuck you to both Big East and Big 10 for being complete garbage.

But if OU was going to get fucked, then I guess this is the next best thing. A chance to take on a former conference rival and likely Heisman winner in Cowboys Stadium. I still think Landry Jones deserved to go out in a BCS game.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

OU wrote:
Fuck the Big 10 and the Big East for being pathetic conferences not deserving of AQ this season. Actually a special fuck you to Ohio State for not being eligible but if we are being honest even Ohio State would get the shit kicked out of them in a real conference this season.
They would have been another 7-5 team in the Big 12 like Ok St, TCU, Tech, WV and Baylor.
Fuck the system, but a special fuck you to both Big East and Big 10 for being complete garbage.

But if OU was going to get fucked, then I guess this is the next best thing. A chance to take on a former conference rival and likely Heisman winner in Cowboys Stadium. I still think Landry Jones deserved to go out in a BCS game.

U mad? Nah I agree with ya man. The Cotton bowl is gonna be a great game. I know my CARDS may not be picked to win but I think we have a shot at a win. GO CARDS!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

U mad? Nah I agree with ya man. The Cotton bowl is gonna be a great game. I know my CARDS may not be picked to win but I think we have a shot at a win. GO CARDS!
Honestly, yeah a little bit. Disappointed and mad. My team deserves it more then yours, sorry that's just how I feel.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

College football is dumb. What else is new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
College football is dumb. What else is new.
It's a religion in Oklahoma. Bob Stoops>Jesus
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:03 pm

So it appears the reason we get Va Tech as the #3 ACC team is because both North Carolina and Miami are bowl ineligible.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

captain organic wrote:
So it appears the reason we get Va Tech as the #3 ACC team is because both North Carolina and Miami are bowl ineligible.

I didn't know about Va Tech but I knew Miami was under "self imposed" sanctions because of that Shipero or whatever his name is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm

One of OU's top receivers got arrested less then 24 hours after the TCU game. Saunders is a transfer from Fresno St and he is 3rd on the team in receiving and he didn't even play the first few games of the season. Him and Brown are the guys that make plays after the catch. He had over 100 yards receiving this last game.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

A&M had 2 freshman who don't play get popped for weed too.

AP all sec came out today. OU gets the honor of playing 2 first team tackles, a first team DE, and the SEC player if the year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
A&M had 2 freshman who don't play get popped for weed too.

AP all sec came out today. OU gets the honor of playing 2 first team tackles, a first team DE, and the SEC player if the year.
There was another guy with Saunders but he doesn't play. Saunders though is a big play threat and talented WR. When he has been on the field he has been as productive as anyone we have.

Who would have guessed pre-season that Jones vs Manziel(sorry if I spelled wrong) would feature a Heisman Trophy winner and that winner would be Manziel? People would call you crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Bowl Thread   Official Bowl Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Bowl Thread
Page 1 of 1