Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage Empty
PostSubject: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Don't know what else to take from Dana saying he has "No idea" if Hendricks-Kamp winner will get a title shot. I guess he will have to wait and see if the winner can cut a good enough WWE style promo.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31488/white-no-idea-if-ufc-154s-hendricks-kampmann-winner-up-next-for-title.mma
Quote :
"I have no idea," he said. "I have no idea. We have to see how this thing plays out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Maybe Junie Browning can come in and get that shot.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm

It's because of Nick Diaz. If the Koscheck fight does not happen i can see Nick getting a shot in his first fight back from suspension.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
It's because of Nick Diaz. If the Koscheck fight does not happen i can see Nick getting a shot in his first fight back from suspension.

And it will be against Anderson Silva.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Yep...and the loser of Ben Henderson-Nate Diaz will challenge the winner of GSP-Condit for the WW title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 am

It's because of Silva, he's going to be cage side for the GSP vs. Condit fight and they plan to do a face off if GSP wins.

If Condit wins he'll face the winner of Kamp vs. Hendricks, especially if it's Kamp.

GSP has the right to a rematch but the way things are building up a rematch would just bring the division to a halt.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Dana confirmed this when he put Diaz ahead of Hendricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 pm

To be honest I am not really that bothered about it, I've wanted to see GSP vs. Diaz for a while.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Ali wrote:
To be honest I am not really that bothered about it, I've wanted to see GSP vs. Diaz for a while.
I have wanted that fight as well. But not like this. This isn't right. Johnny was given the chance to prove he deserves it in the cage while Nick was stuck on the sideline. Hendricks made it very, very clear he was ready for his shot. He did that in the cage. His statements were made with his actions in the cage.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Some people care about a thing called integrity.

Having now two UFC titles being defended against guys coming off of losses is troubling.

Ali do your values want to see Diaz earn a fight with GSP or simply be handed one over fighters who have been doing their talking between bells?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Having now two UFC titles being defended against guys coming off of losses is troubling.

Ali do your values want to see Diaz earn a fight with GSP or simply be handed one over fighters who have been doing their talking between bells?

I just want to see fights that interest/excite me and this does, sorry.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

The blame falls on GSP, just like Hendricks said
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

It's not just that. Cause I would have been upset if Reem would have got his shot after being caught cheating. But thankfully, they are doing with him what they should have done with Diaz. If they really wanted Diaz vs GSP then give Diaz a favorable matchup like they are Reem. They could have went Diaz vs Kampmann. A very favorable matchup for Nick and if can't win that then he has no business getting a shot anyways.
Besides the losses, with Nick he is jumping someone who has clearly earned his shot. It's not like it's up in the air who could/should be next. It's clear, Hendricks earn his title shot.
I don't even need to explain the Chael situation. Hasn't won a LHW fight in years and there are double digit number of fighters more deserving. He has never even been ranked at LHW before.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GSP doesn't make the fights. He can request it, but Dana is the one that has the final say. He could tell GSP he is fighting Hendricks and GSP would do it. Blame falls on the one who makes the fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
GSP doesn't make the fights. He can request it, but Dana is the one that has the final say. He could tell GSP he is fighting Hendricks and GSP would do it. Blame falls on the one who makes the fight.

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm

If GSP was a man he would do the right thing. Blame Georges
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Damn that GSP....How dare he want the more lucrative fight!
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Ninja wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

To be fair, I do give him some blame. He is looking past a worthy challenger because he doesn't like how Nick talks about him. He deserves his share of blame. But ultimately Dana could have just said no, Nick needs 1 win before we can even talk about that fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Ninja wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He has every right to want to fight the guy who would possibly help him make more money.

We have every right to be unsatisfied that greed is pushing the deserving fighter aside.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Ali wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I just want to see fights that interest/excite me and this does, sorry.

never mind.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am

Quote :
It just seems like now in the UFC, if you can talk a good game, you might be able to get a light heavyweight title shot. And if you get suspended for a year, come right back after losing a fight, you get to fight Georges St. Pierre for the title. So, maybe I'll just take a couple of months off, do some things I shouldn't do, and maybe I'll get to fight for the title.
-Koscheck
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ninja wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He has every right to want to fight the guy who would possibly help him make more money.

We have every right to be unsatisfied that greed is pushing the deserving fighter aside.

cheers

he is a fighter, does he want to get a brick in the side of the head? not really and if no one appreciates him outboxing hendricks for 5 rds why take the punishment when he can ride nick like a Tijuana hooker for 5 rds and get more money
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
It just seems like now in the UFC, if you can talk a good game, you might be able to get a light heavyweight title shot. And if you get suspended for a year, come right back after losing a fight, you get to fight Georges St. Pierre for the title. So, maybe I'll just take a couple of months off, do some things I shouldn't do, and maybe I'll get to fight for the title.
-Koscheck

Good stuff from a guy who has a name based on being a dickhead
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
-Koscheck

Good stuff from a guy who has a name based on being a dickhead
I hate the man but he speaks the truth.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 pm

And he's profited from it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage   I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess title shots are no longer earned in the cage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next