Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who gets the most impressive win?
Shogun
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_lcap44%Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Machida
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_lcap33%Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Bader
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_lcap0%Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vera
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_lcap11%Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
no one impresses
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_lcap11%Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Empty
PostSubject: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Who is going to wow Dana this weekend?
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? UFC-on-Fox-4-Shogun-Vera-poster
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? 0ShogunVerastaredown_large
Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? 0BaderMachidaStaredown_medium

Last edited by OU on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm

I think Machida scores a highlight reel KO on Bader. But I'm rooting for Shogun to put it down. Shogun vs Hendo 2 for the UFC LHW Championship would be baller.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I went Shogun. He just has the most impressive arsenal for impressive and exciting finishes. He has the history of doing it as well. But if Bader to Vera manage to win by finish, that really is going to be the most impressive feat of the night imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 pm

If Rua wins he gets the shot. I don't believe Dana in who wins more impressively.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

is this the free card? It's this weekend?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I went Shogun. He just has the most impressive arsenal for impressive and exciting finishes. He has the history of doing it as well. But if Bader to Vera manage to win by finish, that really is going to be the most impressive feat of the night imo.
I still don't respect Ryan Bader as a fighter. I still maintain that when pressured, he folds. I'm just execting Machida to catch him at some point and Bader will get put down. But you are right in saying that the 2 clear underdogs gettting a finish would be the most impressive win. But I'm hoping one of the big dogs comes out and dominates.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
is this the free card? It's this weekend?
Yeah it's on FOX.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:46 pm

freakzilla wrote:
If Rua wins he gets the shot. I don't believe Dana in who wins more impressively.
Well for the sake of this thread, just pretend he isn't the liar he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Well for the sake of this thread, just pretend he isn't the liar he is.

Lol, ok.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Awesome. Really haven't watched much MMA of late.

Not sure where to go here. I kind of think Rua is vulnerable, so Im doubting his stopping ability.

Expect Lyoto to win, but he's been hit or miss in terms of scintillating performances.

So I'll go out on the limb, and echo my first point and take Vera. I've been expecting better performances out of this guy for awhile, and for various reasons he has not been able to meet those expectations. But we know Rua will mix it up, most agree this is not prime Rua, and I like Vera's length.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

In order of most likely to score the KO.
1.Machida
2.Shogun
3.Vera, since it is a 5 round fight.
4.Bader
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 pm

And blah on any of these guys getting the next shot.

Silva vs Jones. Epic Superfight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 pm

captain organic wrote:
Awesome. Really haven't watched much MMA of late.

Not sure where to go here. I kind of think Rua is vulnerable, so Im doubting his stopping ability.

Expect Lyoto to win, but he's been hit or miss in terms of scintillating performances.

So I'll go out on the limb, and echo my first point and take Vera. I've been expecting better performances out of this guy for awhile, and for various reasons he has not been able to meet those expectations. But we know Rua will mix it up, most agree this is not prime Rua, and I like Vera's length.
I was really looking forward to the HW scrap between Browne and Rothwell, damn injury bug. But this almost seems like SF matchmaking, should be entertaining.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 pm

captain organic wrote:
And blah on any of these guys getting the next shot.

Silva vs Jones. Epic Superfight.
That fight is never going to happen. You have a 100x better chance of GSP vs Anderson. Both fighters are firmly against Jones vs Anderson. That's not something Dana will be able to talk his way into either. Not happening, ever. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:04 pm

yeah these lhw matchups are dope. But is Varner vs Lauzon really the only other fight on the fox card? How does that happen? Injuries must have played havoc.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm

captain organic wrote:
yeah these lhw matchups are dope. But is Varner vs Lauzon really the only other fight on the fox card? How does that happen? Injuries must have played havoc.

MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera
Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader
Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner
Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson

Swick vs Johnson got the bump when Rothwell vs Browne got squashed. Too bad Griggs was injured, Griggs vs Davis could have been a good one for the main card. Davis was featured on the last FOX card.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner and Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson both have potential to be entertaining though. Varners drama from last fight was epic and Lauzon puts a lot of people away, it could end up being pretty good. If the old MW Mike Swick returns(fingers crossed, he was pretty legit back then), that could be something to see also.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner and Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson both have potential to be entertaining though. Varners drama from last fight was epic and Lauzon puts a lot of people away, it could end up being pretty good. If the old MW Mike Swick returns(fingers crossed, he was pretty legit back then), that could be something to see also.
Does it feel a little like SF match making to you? Does to me. Built for entertainment.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29950/watch-todays-ufc-on-fox-4-press-conference-live-on-mmajunkie-com-at-2-p-m-et.mma
The traditional pre-event press conference for this week's UFC on FOX 4 event takes place today, and you can watch a live stream of the proceedings here on MMAjunkie.com.

Today's media and fan event takes place at JW Marriott Los Angeles LA LIVE with UFC executives president Dana White and UFC 149 fighters Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Brandon Vera, Lyoto Machida, Ryan Bader, Joe Lauzon and Jamie Varner.

The video stream begins at 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT local time).
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 pm

LOL Dana being an ass toward Ariel. He asked about ticket sales and the promo that says "While London sleeps, LIVE with no tape delay on FOX blah blah.." Dana taking a shot at the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 pm

My impression is Vera is extremely nervous.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 pm

OU wrote:
LOL Dana being an ass toward Ariel. He asked about ticket sales and the promo that says "While London sleeps, LIVE with no tape delay on FOX blah blah.." Dana taking a shot at the Olympics.

I thought Dana was OK there.

Def got bitchy for a second. Ariel hit a nerve for sure. But Dana handled the follow up in stride, and gave well deserved props to the olympics.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm

OU wrote:
My impression is Vera is extremely nervous.

Wouldn't say extremely. Maybe a bit, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think the nerves could be indicative of him being energized, and he should be, this is a huge fight for Vera.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm

but then I paused it, made some grub, and when I tried to replay, it went back to the beginning, preview show and all. bummer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/3/3217858/ufc-on-fox-4-weigh-in-video-and-coverage
The weigh-ins begin at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?   Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wins in most impressive fashion and earns title shot?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next