Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

London 2012 Olympics

Go down 
+7
cheekynffc
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
josh200612
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
If Powell didn't get injured then every runner would've finished under 10 sec.
Yeah that's true. Maybe with Powell hurt, some other country has a prayer in the relay now. Probably not lol

It's Jamaica and the US the top 2 and then the rest are far far behind.
With a healthy Powell it was Jamaica and no one else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
If Powell didn't get injured then every runner would've finished under 10 sec.
Yeah that's true. Maybe with Powell hurt, some other country has a prayer in the relay now. Probably not lol

It's Jamaica and the US the top 2 and then the rest are far far behind.
With a healthy Powell it was Jamaica and no one else.

I agree. If he doesn't race then the U.S are a chance.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 am

When healthy, that's an insane team.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:28 am

I need to avoid spoilers for all events today. I'm risking it with the radio, but they usually give warnings and I have to mute or skip through the update section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 am

OU wrote:
I need to avoid spoilers for all events today. I'm risking it with the radio, but they usually give warnings and I have to mute or skip through the update section.

Ok, I wont post any results here then.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Appreciate it. I've done a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers. I had a couple slips. But overall it hasn't been too bad. I slipped up yesterday and turned on ESPN at the wrong time and saw Bolt won. But I was still curious about the rest of the field. Mainly Gatlin and Blake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Appreciate it. I've done a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers. I had a couple slips. But overall it hasn't been too bad. I slipped up yesterday and turned on ESPN at the wrong time and saw Bolt won. But I was still curious about the rest of the field. Mainly Gatlin and Blake.

No prob. The Dream Team play Argentina in about 5.5 hours.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:51 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

I saw the 2nd half of the Lithuania game. Pick and roll just killed the US. But down the stretch they showed what they can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:04 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

I saw the 2nd half of the Lithuania game. Pick and roll just killed the US. But down the stretch they showed what they can do.

The Aussies beat the undefeated Russians Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Are they going to advance to the next round?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm

OU wrote:

We play you guys next in the Quarters so the Dream Team will suffer their first loss at these Olympics tongue
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

We play you guys next so the Dream Team will suffer their first loss at these Olympics tongue
Why is the US team protesting? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:30 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

We play you guys next so the Dream Team will suffer their first loss at these Olympics tongue

Lol. The U.S team my bad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:32 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Lol. The U.S team my bad.
lol no what I was saying is. Are the current US players protesting the game? Cause you Aussie's couldn't beat the US teams bench.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 pm

There was a question on late night ESPN radio last week, before the Lithuania scare. It was Bob Valvano's radio show and he has a segment called Fact or Myth, or something like that. Question was brought up, could the US team's bench win the gold medal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 pm

The Aussies have won 3 in a row and will make it 4 tongue

London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 Demotivation.us_Nothing-is-IMPOSSIBLE_131093280564
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 pm

OU wrote:
There was a question on late night ESPN radio last week, before the Lithuania scare. It was Bob Valvano's radio show and he has a segment called Fact or Myth, or something like that. Question was brought up, could the US team's bench win the gold medal?

Nope they couldn't.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Nope they couldn't.
They probably couldn't. I'm sure they would still medal and they would still have a chance at Gold. You still have Westbrook, Love, D-Will, Melo, Harden, AI, and Anthony Davis. That team has a shot vs anyone, including Spain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:02 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Nope they couldn't.
They probably couldn't. I'm sure they would still medal and they would still have a chance at Gold. You still have Westbrook, Love, D-Will, Melo, Harden, AI, and Anthony Davis. That team has a shot vs anyone, including Spain.

Lebron, Kobe and Durant would be massive losses. Having them start and then the bench players coming on doesn't give the opposition a rest. The bench players don't strike anywhere near as much fear.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Nope they couldn't.

Lebron, Kobe and Durant would be massive losses. Having them start and then the bench players coming on doesn't give the opposition a rest. The bench players don't strike anywhere near as much fear.
I'm just saying there is still enough talent there to compete with any team in the Olympics. There is still alot of talent there and still plenty of scoring available. It's not like you can count them out vs anyone. So on talent alone they would still have a shot to win Gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Nope they couldn't.

I'm just saying there is still enough talent there to compete with any team in the Olympics. There is still alot of talent there and still plenty of scoring available. It's not like you can count them out vs anyone. So on talent alone they would still have a shot to win Gold.

They would still at least win a bronze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 pm

In the 2004 Olympics this talented team lost 3 games and only won the bronze.

C - Tim Duncan
PF- Lamar Odom
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Allen Iverson
PG- Stephon Marbury

R1- Dwyane Wade
R2- LeBron James
R3- Carmelo Anthony
R4- Amar'e Stoudemire
R5- Shawn Marion
R6- Carlos Boozer
R7- Emeka Okafor
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 pm

freakzilla wrote:

C - Tim Duncan
PF- Lamar Odom
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Allen Iverson
PG- Stephon Marbury

R1- Dwyane Wade
R2- LeBron James
R3- Carmelo Anthony
R4- Amar'e Stoudemire
R5- Shawn Marion
R6- Carlos Boozer
R7- Emeka Okafor

This current team is alot more athletic and has much better perimeter shooting. The gaurd play for the US is just sick with this squad. Pluse the Melo and LeBron on this team are far better then they were in 2004.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

C - Tim Duncan
PF- Lamar Odom
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Allen Iverson
PG- Stephon Marbury

R1- Dwyane Wade
R2- LeBron James
R3- Carmelo Anthony
R4- Amar'e Stoudemire
R5- Shawn Marion
R6- Carlos Boozer
R7- Emeka Okafor

This current team is alot more athletic and has much better perimeter shooting. The gaurd play for the US is just sick with this squad. Pluse the Melo and LeBron on this team are far better then they were in 2004.

I agree. I put it up more for the if the starters weren't there discussion. This team isn't more athletic though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

C - Tim Duncan
PF- Lamar Odom
SF- Richard Jefferson
SG- Allen Iverson
PG- Stephon Marbury

R1- Dwyane Wade
R2- LeBron James
R3- Carmelo Anthony
R4- Amar'e Stoudemire
R5- Shawn Marion
R6- Carlos Boozer
R7- Emeka Okafor

I agree. I put it up more for the if the starters weren't there discussion. This team isn't more athletic though.
I dunno. They have great athletic combo guards in D-Will and Westbrook, AI is an insane athlete at the wing, LeBron is better athlete then he was then(bigger, stronger, faster). Harden is another combo gaurd. Some great athleticism at the gaurd and wing positions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   London 2012 Olympics - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

London 2012 Olympics
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next