[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 London 2012 Olympics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16259
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 31
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
spain lost to japan in its opener

wtf
What sport?
the only sport that matters... doi!
They don't play football in the Olympics. Cause USA could just dominate even more.

It's not an olympic sport because nobody in the rest of the world cares about it.


Yet ping pong, archery an volleyball are sports

LOL!!! shut up bird

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:40 pm

WOOOH WHAT A FGHT GAuSHee scored 2 kncksowns jn last 20 seconds and go the stoppage with 000 time left on the clock

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
spain lost to japan in its opener

wtf
What sport?
the only sport that matters... doi!
They don't play football in the Olympics. Cause USA could just dominate even more.

It's not an olympic sport because nobody in the rest of the world cares about it.


Yet ping pong, archery an volleyball are sports

LOL!!! shut up bird

The real reason it isn't a sport is because seriously who would play the American team ? Canada ? They would be te only two countries with teams

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Michael phelps had an awful day so far

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10224
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Michael phelps had an awful day so far

Good I'm sick of that guy. Hopefully other Americans win in his place.

Watched a great video of Sonnen talking Olympic wrestling. Kind of got me interested ut I had no idea who any of the guys were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Anyone else see Gausha's bout ?

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16259
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 31
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
spain lost to japan in its opener

wtf
What sport?
the only sport that matters... doi!
They don't play football in the Olympics. Cause USA could just dominate even more.

It's not an olympic sport because nobody in the rest of the world cares about it.


Yet ping pong, archery an volleyball are sports

LOL!!! shut up bird

The real reason it isn't a sport is because seriously who would play the American team ? Canada ? They would be te only two countries with teams
exactly, so why do you bring in the other sports?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:44 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
spain lost to japan in its opener

wtf
What sport?
the only sport that matters... doi!
They don't play football in the Olympics. Cause USA could just dominate even more.

It's not an olympic sport because nobody in the rest of the world cares about it.


Yet ping pong, archery an volleyball are sports

LOL!!! shut up bird

The real reason it isn't a sport is because seriously who would play the American team ? Canada ? They would be te only two countries with teams
exactly, so why do you bring in the other sports?


Just proving a point because the idea that football is not popular enough is a stupid notion, in reality it is a sport because its another gold for USA, remover how long baseball lasted as Olympic sport ?

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am

No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10224
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 am

freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Who gives a shit about the rest of the world? Is the most popular sport in the best country in the world. Over 1/3 of the country watched the Super Bowl last year.

Cricket was replaced by baseball years ago. The rest of the world never got the memo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:51 am

freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Wrong. Brits LOVE the NFL. Every single time the NFL goes to Wembley(which is about once a season since 2007) it's always sold out within minutes and those motherfuckers show up at 9pm local time and stay until midnight on a Sunday.

Though NFL Euro bombed. It's definitely not a popularity thing so much as a lack of countries to represent it. Kind of like how baseball wasn't an olympic sport until 1994. Though Baseball is no longer an olympic sport probably because it takes too damn long for a game.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:51 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Who gives a shit about the rest of the world? Is the most popular sport in the best country in the world. Over 1/3 of the country watched the Super Bowl last year.

Cricket was replaced by baseball years ago. The rest of the world never got the memo.


No, they got the memo. It was just the UK who's fax machine was on the fritz.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:26 am

Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Wrong. Brits LOVE the NFL. Every single time the NFL goes to Wembley(which is about once a season since 2007) it's always sold out within minutes and those motherfuckers show up at 9pm local time and stay until midnight on a Sunday.

Though NFL Euro bombed. It's definitely not a popularity thing so much as a lack of countries to represent it. Kind of like how baseball wasn't an olympic sport until 1994. Though Baseball is no longer an olympic sport probably because it takes too damn long for a game.

Wow, 1 game a year gets sold out. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1510
Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 am

Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Wrong. Brits LOVE the NFL. Every single time the NFL goes to Wembley(which is about once a season since 2007) it's always sold out within minutes and those motherfuckers show up at 9pm local time and stay until midnight on a Sunday.

Though NFL Euro bombed. It's definitely not a popularity thing so much as a lack of countries to represent it. Kind of like how baseball wasn't an olympic sport until 1994. Though Baseball is no longer an olympic sport probably because it takes too damn long for a game.

i wouldn't say brits enjoyed the game but the NFL certainly has a niche following in the UK since we started getting it on TV in the mid 80's. personally, i love the game, but i don't know many other people who do.

most brits don't like it because it takes a while to grasp the rules if you've never watched before and because you spend more time watching adverts than action if you watch a live game. a common british reaction is to brand the players pussies for wearing all the padding and helmets when rugby players don't, that is through a lack of understanding in the differences in the way the game flows and the type of contact involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10224
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 am

Longdon already screwing up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/empty-seats-olympic-venues-prompt-investigation-224320331--oly.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:55 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.

Wrong. Brits LOVE the NFL. Every single time the NFL goes to Wembley(which is about once a season since 2007) it's always sold out within minutes and those motherfuckers show up at 9pm local time and stay until midnight on a Sunday.

Though NFL Euro bombed. It's definitely not a popularity thing so much as a lack of countries to represent it. Kind of like how baseball wasn't an olympic sport until 1994. Though Baseball is no longer an olympic sport probably because it takes too damn long for a game.

Wow, 1 game a year gets sold out. Rolling Eyes

In 2007 the Miami Dolphins went 1-15. During this stretch they were something like 0-7 when they played the Giants and that game sold 40,000 tickets in 90 minutes at Wembley. Yes, the NFL exports one game of the 256 games in a regular season and it sells out the stadium each time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 97
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 pm

You guys are trppin thinking football is bigger than cricket, or ping pong for that matter. Gridiron football isn't even ain the top ten of popularity.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16259
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 31
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
spain lost to japan in its opener

wtf
What sport?
the only sport that matters... doi!
They don't play football in the Olympics. Cause USA could just dominate even more.

It's not an olympic sport because nobody in the rest of the world cares about it.


Yet ping pong, archery an volleyball are sports

LOL!!! shut up bird

The real reason it isn't a sport is because seriously who would play the American team ? Canada ? They would be te only two countries with teams
exactly, so why do you bring in the other sports?


Just proving a point because the idea that football is not popular enough is a stupid notion, in reality it is a sport because its another gold for USA, remover how long baseball lasted as Olympic sport ?

IT IS NOT POPULAR ENOUGH TO BE IN THE OLYMPICS!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.
Yea freak your right only 100,000 people went to a game in Mexico, London only holds nfl games there annually and Canada doesn't have a league
Ping pong is a much more popular sport ....

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
No other country in the world cares about American Football. Cricket is more popular worldwide than AF.
Yea freak your right only 100,000 people went to a game in Mexico, London only holds nfl games there annually and Canada doesn't have a league
Ping pong is a much more popular sport ....

Where the fuck did I mention ping pong in any post?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Errol spence fights in Hour and 40 minutes lets go !!!!

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

You state football isn't popular enough to be a sport yet ping pong, archery and horse back riding are sports . Your argument is horse shit which shockingly surprises no one

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 97
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Killer is right. If it was popular worldwide people would be interested in playing it and teams would be filled for events like the Olympics. The NFL selling tickets in Europe or Mexico doesn't mean much, just that people will pay to go see some novelty show that came through town.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 97
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
You state football isn't popular enough to be a sport yet ping pong, archery and horse back riding are sports . Your argument is horse shit which shockingly surprises no one

Seriously, your argument is worse and half a minute to actually take the time know what you are talking would show you those sports are interesting enough internationally where people are actually interested in participating in them in great numbers. One country having tangible amount of interest in a sport when no others do is not a good reason for why a sport should be in the Olympics. And for your information baseball is still limited to Asia and the Americas when it comes to international interest which makes justification for their exclusion easy to understand, but to suggest that it is because it's another easy win for the US is another wrong assumption considering the US has only won at baseball one time.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: London 2012 Olympics   

Back to top Go down
 
London 2012 Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics at the ExCel Centre: A Cleaner's Story - Part One
» London 2012 Edition
» London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made?
» Brian Roe - Australia should have reps in 100m at Olympics
» Olympics, Day 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: International Sports-
Jump to: