Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
OU
SOKO
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

Even long-time manager and translator Ed Soares had no idea what was coming.

Speaking via UOL Esporte, Soares explained what went down:

Quote :
"That was a surprise for me, I was not expecting that sort of attitude from Anderson. Only Anderson can explain the reason to have spoken what he did. It was what was on his mind and he spoke his mind out but only he and God know what occurred"

So why, after all this time of showing respect and trying to let his fighting do the talking for him, has the Brazilian pound-for-pound king finally been set off?

Soares has a theory:

Quote :
"Anderson is very serious. He is going to blow this guy up. Anderson has never had such attitude but Sonnen overstepped the limit and now will pay for what he has said."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Someone smarter then me can figure out how to embed.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/28/3123895/ufc-148-randy-couture-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-2-video-analysis#ooid=RuZ2I5NTruKb_uskH4MaFIglNgtHAaSA
Quote :
"It's kind of odd," Couture told MMA Fighting. "Normally I would say that the onus is on the guy who won the first fight to anticipate the changes the loser is going to make and get the same outcome. "If you look at Anderson and Chael, Anderson won by triangle choke with two minutes left. He didn't really win the fight. He got his ass whooped - literally - for four-plus rounds," Couture continued, "but it's almost like he was the guy that won. He wants it to go the same minus the triangle."
-he says much much more then this.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Im sure there is genuine dislike from Silva. So i'll say the rant was, even if he was prodded a bit by the powers that be.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/28/3123895/ufc-148-randy-couture-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-2-video-analysis#ooid=RuZ2I5NTruKb_uskH4MaFIglNgtHAaSA
Quote :
"It's kind of odd," Couture told MMA Fighting. "Normally I would say that the onus is on the guy who won the first fight to anticipate the changes the loser is going to make and get the same outcome. "If you look at Anderson and Chael, Anderson won by triangle choke with two minutes left. He didn't really win the fight. He got his ass whooped - literally - for four-plus rounds," Couture continued, "but it's almost like he was the guy that won. He wants it to go the same minus the triangle."

I can agree with alot of what Randy is saying, especially about making adjustments, but sorry Randy, Silva really did win the fight. Probably a quote he'd take back if pressed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :

I can agree with alot of what Randy is saying, especially about making adjustments, but sorry Randy, Silva really did win the fight. Probably a quote he'd take back if pressed.
It's not that bad in context with the entire video.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

ya, like I said Im sure he'd pull it back if pressed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 pm

captain organic wrote:
No reason to. Nothing wrong with anything he said in the conversation. Just nit pickers.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
No reason to. Nothing wrong with anything he said in the conversation. Just nit pickers.

A well regarded champion, a respected opinion of the sport, saying the guy who tapped out(and was also caught for doping) really won the fight? I think questioning that line is a legitimate critique.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

A well regarded champion, a respected opinion of the sport, saying the guy who tapped out(and was also caught for doping) really won the fight? I think questioning that line is a legitimate critique.
I disagree. He doesn't just leave it there. The conversation before and after are more then enough for people to understand what he was saying. He shouldn't have to explain that snippet, because he explained his answer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:33 pm

In context of what he is talking about. When talking about making adjustments he talks about how usually it's on the loser of the fight to make the adjustments for the rematch. But in this case Chael did more things right during the fight then Anderson. Which makes complete sense. Based on the first fight and how the majority of the fight played out it makes sense to say that Anderson would need to change his gamplan up more then Chael.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:37 pm

For anyone to take issue with the quote they would have to have no context and stop reading at the line you bolded. Because even just reading the quote with no other context the line following it should be enough to satisfy you. "but it's almost like he was the guy that won. He wants it to go the same minus the triangle." Very easy to understand his comments and no reason to take issue with it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 pm

josh200612 wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

This shit should get an 8pm slot on Fox.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 pm

jewzilla wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

This shit should get an 8pm slot on Fox.

YUUUUP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 pm

josh200612 wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

How was it then ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3