Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
OU
SOKO
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? Empty
PostSubject: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Im sure you all have heard the news of the spider letting Chael have it.....kick in your teeth break your bones speech. My question is was it for real? I say no way. Reason is that anderson has had ample time to speak his mind and has not done any thing of the sort and as we all know most fighters like to get into their calm near fight time so why the heated rant now. 1000 buck says Dana payed him enough to finally speak out towards chael and not to mention it didnt even seem like spiders kind of trash talk to begin with.

????????????????? thoughts
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Tell you what though ppv buys just went up by 10% or more from the spiders speech.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 pm

SOKO wrote:
Tell you what though ppv buys just went up by 10% or more from the spiders speech.
I don't think it will effect the PPV buys. How many casuals will even know about the rant? But I do think it was genuine.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

OU wrote:
SOKO wrote:
I don't think it will effect the PPV buys. How many casuals will even know about the rant? But I do think it was genuine.
A buddy of mine saw it on the ticker of ESPN.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Partially. I'm sure he's tired of the guy and will like to make a huge statement...but the specific words used are total hype job talk.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
SOKO wrote:
A buddy of mine saw it on the ticker of ESPN.
That's pretty cool, I wonder if any of the radio guys will get wind of it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:49 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Partially. I'm sure he's tired of the guy and will like to make a huge statement...but the specific words used are total hype job talk.
If it wasn't in English then he probably didn't even say it. Especially if Eddie was translating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't care I just want to see Andy punish Chael.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Probably wasn't genuine. The only fighter faker than Anderson is Jones.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:45 pm

SOKO wrote:
Im sure you all have heard the news of the spider letting Chael have it.....kick in your teeth break your bones speech. My question is was it for real? I say no way. Reason is that anderson has had ample time to speak his mind and has not done any thing of the sort and as we all know most fighters like to get into their calm near fight time so why the heated rant now. 1000 buck says Dana payed him enough to finally speak out towards chael and not to mention it didnt even seem like spiders kind of trash talk to begin with.

????????????????? thoughts

I think its legit, Chael talked shit last time and Anderson thought he was going to smash him easily. Didnt go that way, know he has had to hear Chael talk non stop for 2 years and become a star in the process. I think He genuinely doesnt like Chael at this point and we hardly see that with Anderson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

This
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:07 am

During an phone interview with FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight," Sonnen spoke about Silva's recent angry barbs. The veteran smack talker is apparently not impressed:
Quote :

"Well it was nice to see the real Anderson Silva come through. Ya know, the guy's a dirtbag, like I've told you for years. He made a lot of statements like, he's gonna break my teeth, he's gonna break my jaw and beak my skull. Ya know, I've fought 49 men. It's not as if I've never been to the orthodontist before, or my jaw reset or my scalp stapled shut in the ER. There's a couple things he didn't say he was gonna do, starting with beating me, starting with breaking my spirit and leaving with the victory, cuz he's not. Go ahead. Take the the teeth, take the jaw, take the staples in the head, whatever other crap he's gonna do. We're in the a fistfight in a steel cage on a Saturday night, anyway. I kind of expect it. I think he was one off from saying, 'I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich.' I'm kinda sitting there thinking, 'Well, duh. We're in the middle of a cage fight, dummy!'"

After Silva's uncharacteristic outburst, many in the media posed the question, "Has Chael Sonnen finally gotten into Anderson Silva's head?"

According to Sonnen, that's the furthest thing from his mind. He believes Silva has exposed himself for who he really is. Chael just wants to get back into the cage and pick up where they left off:

Quote :
"I don't care about being in his head. There was no gamesmanship here. It was very nice to finally see the real Anderson Silva come on through. He must have thought I'm Vitor Belfort. He wants to put on a mask and look down at me and have me wilt. That's not gonna happen, gentlemen. I'm a gangster from West Lynn, Oregon, and I've been picking a fight for years. He thinks I'm gonna be upset because I've found what I was looking for? There's a venue where we can figure this out on 7-7 at 7p.m., 10 in the east and only on pay-per-view, I will be in that Octagon. If he wants to meet me like a man, fine, but if he doesn't, I'm gonna spear-double, run him into the cage and put him on his ass and run my fist into his head for 25 minutes or until he gives up."

One shot Sonnen did take, during the UFC 148 conference call, had to do with Silva's boxing skills. Specifically, Sonnen called his skills: "amateur."

He wasn't backing off of his original accusation:

Quote :
"You know, on day one of boxing class, you learn to keep your hands up and your chin down. He goes out there with his chin up and his hands down. That's amateur, at best. The last thing you wanna do is insult the guy you're about to fight. You really wanna build him up. What good does it do me to stomp a guy who sucks? It's just very hard to hide the fact that he sucks."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Well this Anderson outburst made it to Yahoo front page today. Featured article.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/anderson-silva-tells-plans-break-chael-sonnen-face-212030074--mma.html
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 pm

i have to take it as genuine, i mean who wouldn't be sick of him at this point!?

Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 pm

It was fight hype, nothing more.

That or genuine words of a man that knows his time as champion is up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 pm

jewzilla wrote:
It was fight hype, nothing more.

That or genuine words of a man that knows his time as champion is up.
I'm so beyond annoyed with Sonnen supporters at this point. I have rooted against Anderson hard for every fight. But I'm going to enjoy him putting Chael in his place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

The sad thing is there's a real possibility that Chael will win, every dog has its day and Sonnen may be a douche but he's a hungry beast.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm

We'll see. Now that Sonnen doesn't have the same free reign to od his testosterone usage leading up to a fight things could be different. Shit he just lost to Michael Freaking Bisping after the commissions reeled him in for Science sake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
We'll see. Now that Sonnen doesn't have the same free reign to od his testosterone usage leading up to a fight things could be different. Shit he just lost to Michael Freaking Bisping after the commissions reeled him in for Science sake.

That was weight, Chael looked incredibly ill and guant at the weigh-in. And the fact people underesitmated Bisping.

Last edited by Ali on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

LOL! THIS!
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

You act as if your opinions are facts. Chael Sonnen does not appreciate this.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I hope Silva KO's Sonnen retard zombie style then soccer kicks him in the face while he is unconscious a few times until he has to be pulled off of Chale's unconscious peeing body. That would be a pretty good ending to the fight. He deserves do get done dirty, everyone knows it. Be a fake dipshit in the fake world not the real world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Ali wrote:
The sad thing is there's a real possibility that Chael will win, every dog has its day and Sonnen may be a douche but he's a hungry beast.
If every dog had his day then Chael's day was Aug 7, 2010. If he can even come close to repeating that performance I'll change my tune on Chael.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:17 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
If every dog had his day then Chael's day was Aug 7, 2010. If he can even come close to repeating that performance I'll change my tune on Chael.

I don't buy the excuse about Silva having a rib injury, I won't be shocked if we see a repeat of the first fight. The question is can Chael stop those submissions and get it to the ground quick enough to avoid being caught ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?   Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Andersons rant on Chael genuine?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next