Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.

Go down 
+14
Andrew the Raider King
SOKO
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
cascade_run
Bigs03
Ninja
josh200612
Primetyme199
jewzilla
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:04 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
Question for everyone..

I am aware that steroids are against the rules, but, why wouldnt yall want to see the JDS/Overeem fight go down?

I for one would love to see JDS knock Overeems chin into fifth orbit, and prove that steroids mean nothing.

I say let them fight, and win or lose Overeem is released from the UFC following that fight.
The result of the fight would provide absolutely no proof of roids meaning nothing. It would only tell us that even on roids he couldn't beat JDS. But if you seriously think roids mean nothing, you aren't paying attention. If they didn't do anything, they wouldn't take them. Simple as that. These millionaire athletes wouldn't risk their future if this shit didn't work. It has been around long enough, athletes are still taking them and doing everything possible to get away with it for a reason. It absolutely is performance enhancing. That's not even up for debate.

Ok Mr. one track mind. Wasnt saying that roids dont enhance an athletes endurance/strength/mass, I was saying steroids do not make Alistair a better fighter than JDS. All I am saying is that they should fight, let JDS beat Overeem, then cut him. AO steroid use means nothing to JDS skill. You are an egotistical prick my dude. I try to have a genuine conversation without sharing my extreme opinions that I often get flamed for, and you continue to be a douche and down play everything that is said, with your infinite wisdom on all subjects known to mankind.

Once again, not saying steroids do not enhance performance, just saying all of the steroids in the world would not make Overeem a better fighter than JDS.

fuck.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
Question for everyone..

I am aware that steroids are against the rules, but, why wouldnt yall want to see the JDS/Overeem fight go down?

I for one would love to see JDS knock Overeems chin into fifth orbit, and prove that steroids mean nothing.

I say let them fight, and win or lose Overeem is released from the UFC following that fight.
The result of the fight would provide absolutely no proof of roids meaning nothing. It would only tell us that even on roids he couldn't beat JDS. But if you seriously think roids mean nothing, you aren't paying attention. If they didn't do anything, they wouldn't take them. Simple as that. These millionaire athletes wouldn't risk their future if this shit didn't work. It has been around long enough, athletes are still taking them and doing everything possible to get away with it for a reason. It absolutely is performance enhancing. That's not even up for debate.

Ok Mr. one track mind. Wasnt saying that roids dont enhance an athletes endurance/strength/mass, I was saying steroids do not make Alistair a better fighter than JDS. All I am saying is that they should fight, let JDS beat Overeem, then cut him. AO steroid use means nothing to JDS skill. You are an egotistical prick my dude. I try to have a genuine conversation without sharing my extreme opinions that I often get flamed for, and you continue to be a douche and down play everything that is said, with your infinite wisdom on all subjects known to mankind.

Once again, not saying steroids do not enhance performance, just saying all of the steroids in the world would not make Overeem a better fighter than JDS.

fuck.

No, they just have the ability to make him stronger, faster, train harder and more frequently as well as heal from injuries sustained during training at a faster rate.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
chael sonnen ‏ @sonnench
I'm shocked.. Has the body fat of a tooth brush, looks like the guy on STREET FIGHTER. My mind is blown, just blown.
@mayhemmiller Jason Mayhem Miller
Chael berating someone on their test level is like me making fun of someone's bad haircut.

@sonnench chael sonnen
MayHem: Due to time constraints I am currently confining my Twitter wars to active, relevant, fighters ONLY. Buy a T-shirt on your way out.

OU, I already posted this. I wish you would keep up and pay more attention to these boards before you go and copy me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:23 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
chael sonnen ‏ @sonnench
I'm shocked.. Has the body fat of a tooth brush, looks like the guy on STREET FIGHTER. My mind is blown, just blown.
@mayhemmiller Jason Mayhem Miller
Chael berating someone on their test level is like me making fun of someone's bad haircut.

@sonnench chael sonnen
MayHem: Due to time constraints I am currently confining my Twitter wars to active, relevant, fighters ONLY. Buy a T-shirt on your way out.

OU, I already posted this. I wish you would keep up and pay more attention to these boards before you go and copy me.
Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKlFmxrNzvNxNvRYeEJQDo9NBtd_poMhsMZge44WJjFmGO4BGl
Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz5qmYTBS5dPWB-X9fTw9ounN01VianHHAyMeSQmeVjR1z4SbY
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:01 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/10/2939051/ufc-146-the-alistair-overeem-defense

by SanDiegoMMA.net

By now everyone knows that Overeem’s results from the surprise test on March 27 came back that he had a T/E level of 14:1. At this point it appeared that the much anticipated title fight with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 was off. Then, to many peoples surprise, the UFC and Overeem submitted for a unarmed combatant license in Nevada.

The step of applying for a license shows that Overeem is confident in his defense. If his license is denied, he is unable to receive a license for a one year and most athletic commissions honor the decisions of other states. This is a huge risk for Overeem so what could his defense be? When Overeem appears before the NSAC on April 24th the surprise test results are sure to be brought up. The question is what will UFC and Overeem’s response be?

Star-divide
I suspect that his defense will be that the he should not have been tested and that the results should be considered tainted evidence.

Alistair Overeem’s license to fight Brock Lesnar in Las Vegas on December 20, 2011 at UFC 141 was a conditional license. One stipulation of the conditional license was that Overeem pass two post-fight drug tests less than six months after the bout. According to Mike Chiappetta on the MMA Hour, referencing a conversation with the NSAC’s Keith Kizer, Alistair has passed three urine tests and one blood test going into and coming out of the UFC 141.

So, has the terms of his conditional license been satisfied? If so, Overeem, no longer licensed by the NSAC and not yet an applicant for a license, the argument could be made that he should not have been subjected to testing.
One specific rule in question appears to be point #5 under NAC 467.850 (http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nac/NAC-467.html):

Quote :
5. An unarmed combatant shall submit to a urinalysis or chemical test if the Commission or a representative of the Commission directs him or her to do so.

Does this rule apply to a non-licensed unarmed combatant? Rule #6 in the same chapter makes reference only to licensees:

Quote :
6. A licensee who violates any provision of this section is subject to disciplinary action by the Commission. In addition to any other disciplinary action by the Commission, if an unarmed combatant who won or drew a contest or exhibition is found to have violated the provisions of this section, the Commission may, in its sole discretion, change the result of that contest or exhibition to a no decision.

When the test results of Overeem’s T/E level being 14:1 are brought up I believe that Overeem and his team’s response will be that of evidence being illegally obtained. In a court of law, if evidence is illegally obtained it will be considered tainted evidence and is not admissible.

Now that Overeem has submitted an application for a license, the NSAC can test him again and I am sure they will. I am also sure that this time he will come back clean.

Would this defense be enough for the NSAC to give him a license? I really don’t know if it will stand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

I guess the fight might not be totally dead yet.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:28 am

Yeah I read about that yesterday. I hope he isn't cleared to fight. He is trying to get out on a technicality. He is cheating and using performance enhancers. He is just arguing that he can use roids before the fight as long as he test clean before the fight. Doesn't change the fact that he was caught with roids in his system. Hope they don't let him slide.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
Question for everyone..

fuck.
Not that OU needs defending jew, but when u say "I for one would love to see JDS knock Overeems chin into fifth orbit, and prove that steroids mean nothing" it sure sounds like u r downplaying the effects of steroids.

Maybe u didn't mean it quite like that, but it sure sounded like that, and as such I would hope someone on this board woul respond with a scathing response.

Also agree that it is lame if Reem gets through on a technicality. And I would hope the UFC has the power and want to squash it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 am

Bas Rutten ‏ @BasRuttenMMA
I hear we still might c the JDS/Overeem fight? Haha, awesome. Let me get more info

johnathan willis ‏ @crunchless
that's a ridiculous message to send, having the man who just failed a drug test fighting for the title is bad juju #armyofdoom

i know it's freaking insane, cheating and maybe still fighting? But this is America, and crap like that happens, JDS can set it straight though if it happens. Let me get more info first, but that's news I received.

Patrick Thorne ‏ @PhatPatDaKlepto
Let Reem keep juicing, and let JDS use brass knuckles. Seems fair to me.

u can't juice the jaw!

chris boyce ‏ @tsdstud
interesting... I'm pretty torn on it if ubereem is actually found to have been cheating though

He did, we know this now, but in America we heard the story of a burglar who injured himself while breaking in, got money from the victims, it's insane, the law is BS. Let JDS be the judge IF it happens

George H. ‏ @halitosisMMA
In fact, JDS could be Overeem's punishment

yes!

I think it's BS also, but we have heard crazier things. I thought the NSAC was simply gonna deny his fight permit maybe they still can, I

Just inform you guys of news that I heard, wanna keep you "in the loop". We will see, asaih something, I let u guys know

RichF ‏ @Liberty8691
they're going to let overroid fight? how's he going to wiggle out of this one?

I hear a "technicality" butlers just wait and c what happens, I let you guys know.

unknownpharoah ‏ @unknownpharoah1
c'mon Bas im one of your biggest fans but your clear dislike and agenda with @Alistairovereem is not a good look for you.

did exactly the same with anybody else who tested positive, if u r indeed a big fan, u should know that

tell me what I did different then I did with other fighters who tested positive? Would live to hear that
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am

Get him through on a technicality. I want to see the fight
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am

Inmates running the asylum.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Get him through on a technicality. I want to see the fight

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

Unknownpharoah preaching the truth here. Bas' vendetta against Reem since he left GG has been laughable. Not that I'm sure anyone pays attention to what Bas says anyway, given that he's on the worst MMA show ever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 am

IF he is allowed to fight, it will just be that much sweeter when he gets KTFO by JDS. But as much as I have wanted to see this fight for a long time, I'm not down with getting popped for roids and then getting a UFC title shot because of a technicality. You are a professional fighter and you were caught with roids in your system.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am

It happens. Look at MLB and Ryan Braun.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
It happens. Look at MLB and Ryan Braun.

total BS there too, but this is a different situation. Reem is up for a title fight. He is not playing for a team with subjective interests. The UFC unlike MLB can, on their own accord, pull Reem from a fight.

I'd give the UFC much respect if they squash this.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Unknownpharoah preaching the truth here. Bas' vendetta against Reem since he left GG has been laughable. Not that I'm sure anyone pays attention to what Bas says anyway, given that he's on the worst MMA show ever

Bas Rutten is a douche in case anyone didn't get my point here. (Unless you like guys on shitty MMA shows, shitty comedy shows about self-defense, and terrible MMA commentators) Thanks
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Bas Rutten is a douche in case anyone didn't get my point here. (Unless you like guys on shitty MMA shows, shitty comedy shows about self-defense, and terrible MMA commentators) Thanks

Bas is cool, and has been held as high authority on MMA for years. And the HDnet mma show is better then any MMA show on TV.

But he is coming off as a phoney on the reem issue. He loved reem prior to the breakup.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Bas is one of my favorite people in MMA. Love him on the the show, love him as an announcer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Zach Arnold breaks down Overeem's current situation:

Overeem was supposed to take a drug test in order to get approved for a fighter's license to fight Brock Lesnar on 12/30/11. Overeem missed the drug test, claiming he had to fly to Holland to attend to his sick mother.

The Nevada commission granted Overeem a ‘temporary' conditional license to fight Lesnar on December 30th based on the premise that he would be subjected to random urine drug testing and that he would have to go to London to take a drug test immediately so that Quest Diagnostics could examine the sample.

Overeem fights Lesnar and wins. He passed the pre-fight and post-fight urine drug tests. His ‘temporary' license expires after December 31st, 2011.

Overeem is still stuck in ‘conditional' limbo for licensing and has to continue passing drug tests in order to fight Junior dos Santos on May 26th even though Overeem isn't truly ‘officially' licensed. Overeem fails the ‘random' urine drug test due to elevated levels of testosterone at an estimated 14:1 T/E ratio. Because he's not ‘officially' licensed, he can't be suspended by Nevada but he can't be officially licensed until he applies for a license on April 24th.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:30 pm

NSAC has justifiable grounds to deny a license I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Bas is cool, and has been held as high authority on MMA for years. And the HDnet mma show is better then any MMA show on TV.

But he is coming off as a phoney on the reem issue. He loved reem prior to the breakup.

Total phony. And that HDnet show is God-awful. The moron he does the show with is clueless
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am

Sonnen on the situation

Congratulations to MMA media, right when I think you're incompetence can't get to any higher level, the Alistair Overeem story comes out. You kids on the interweb, running your little 'dot com's' from the couch in your mother's basement, you beneficiaries of Mark Cuban's tax write-off, you've gone and screwed up the Alistair Overeem case, beyond belief. Is it repairable? I doubt it."

"Hey. If I'm a member of the media and someone tells me that Alistair Overeem failed a drug test, the very first thing I'm going to say is: ‘Really? What substance did he test positive for?' Now, you see, those basic questions are where the wheels begin to fall off the bus to this entire story.

"Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story. So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, 'Well, he's got an elevated T-to-E ratio. Ok, fair enough. Let's say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That's not illegal. That's outside the norm. That's a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation.

"If it's not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: Ya failed! It reminds me of a time when Ronald Reagan was President, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, 'Well, great. I've won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?'"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Some poor soul will feel the wrath...
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/2961856/cain-velasquez-i-want-to-fight-against-somebody-that-is-clean
Quote :
"I think random drug testing is good. I've always been part of a sport where we were always randomly drug tested and that's good. I'm clean, I don't take anything and I'm happy to do those kinds of tests. I want to fight against somebody who is clean. If somebody isn't, that's definitely a big advantage for them. I want it to be on the same playing field. I'm hoping everyone is clean. With Overeem's situation, I think the UFC or commission will find something to do and definitely take care of the situation, so I'll just leave it in their hands."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.    Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reem positive test. This better be a fucking joke.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4