Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diaz Well Rounded?

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 pm

"I think I'm the most well rounded fighter in the world. I deserve a spot in the pound-for-pound rankings. And that's what I'm fighting for."
-Diaz

While Diaz greatly excels at BJJ and boxing and has cracked the top 10 P4P most likely, I have to strongly disagree. He has no takedowns and only uses his hands on the feet.

Guys like GSP, Aldo, Bones, Forrest, Faber, Edgar, Penn, Okami, Florian, Condit, and probably more well rounded.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Well...watch Diaz kick Condit's ass and we'll bump this thread..mmkay
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:13 pm

to adress the topic...

he's not the most well rounded as far as having all the skills in MMA like somebody like GSP has, but his boxing and BJJ are extremely good to where anywhere the fight goes, he may be at an advantage. There is no fight that Diaz isnt going to be in.

Also, Diaz is tireless, fearless and tough as they come, and keeps a feverish pace..and i think those should come into the discussion as well because Diaz may be second to none with those attributes and so few fighters have such top notch conditioning and durability.

Florian though?

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Well...watch Diaz kick Condit's ass and we'll bump this thread..mmkay

Well rounded and better are not the same.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

I think lack of wrestling is a pretty good knock against one's well roundedness. I could care less about Diaz's lack of kicks though. Dude's an ace in the standup.

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 am

I agree with what your saying Farmer most of the fighters you listed are more well rounded than Nick but Forrest imo isn't and Okami and Florian are def not more well rounded than him imo.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 am

captain organic wrote:
I think lack of wrestling is a pretty good knock against one's well roundedness. I could care less about Diaz's lack of kicks though. Dude's an ace in the standup.

i think his awesome BJJ more than makes up for his wrasslin'... tho it would hurt him against a blanket like Fitch

i do think he's one of the most complete fighters out there
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 am

killerofchicken wrote:
captain organic wrote:

i think his awesome BJJ more than makes up for his wrasslin'... tho it would hurt him against a blanket like Fitch

Thats cause he is. He's dangerous wherever the fight goes and that equals well rounded to me, but I'll agree he's not the most well rounded
Back to top Go down

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 am

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of his but there is no denying he is an excellent MMA fighter. He's top 15 P4P for sure.
Back to top Go down

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Everyone knows I'm not a fan of his but there is no denying he is an excellent MMA fighter. He's top 15 P4P for sure.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Thats cause he is. He's dangerous wherever the fight goes and that equals well rounded to me, but I'll agree he's not the most well rounded
way to tell it like i did! lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Well rounded is not the right term for Diaz. He is well suited to attack with his boxing and sub game but he takes shots and, though not often recently given his last several opponents, is taken down. Better offense than defense. But his level of offense is shining through the defensive deficiencies he has.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

Diaz Well Rounded? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diaz Well Rounded?   Diaz Well Rounded? Empty

Back to top Go down

Diaz Well Rounded?
Page 1 of 1