Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, I was way off about Diaz

Go down 
+5
captain organic
Birdofthad
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
ChaoscamelWV
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

Well, I was way off about Diaz Empty
PostSubject: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm

I picked Zaromskis to upset Diaz, and I was way off. Waaaaay off. Probably overestimated zaromskis, but I vastly underestimated Diaz. I think it's safe to say that Diaz has improved quite a bit since he left the UFC. I want strikeforce to continue getting more depth, including at WW, but I just don't think anyone is left that can challenge Diaz. How many fights does he have left on his SF contract, and how likely is it that we will see him in the UFC after his contract ends?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Jay is still a big test for Diaz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

A test yes but I think most would agree Diaz should probably win that fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 pm

what ever happened to K J Noons?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Noons is out there,Tyrone Woodley is on the horizon, Hieron should have next, and once Shields get's whipped by Hendo Diaz could make another go at 185. Lawler rematch, Melvin, Kennedy, Hendo.

And because they work well with others we can look outside SF for possible matchups.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Not really. What does Jay bring to the table that is really going to give Diaz trouble?

I'd say Jay vs Žaromskis would be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:49 pm

I don't think you were way off, Zaromskis had his chance but didn't follow up the way he should have when he had Diaz hurt.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 pm

I thought Z was going to be more technical and have CC type kicks. Maybe diaz threw his game off with that reach but I was hoping for more from him
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm

it's ok. Zaromskis is still a very talented fighter and will propbably hold the dream belt for quite a while, but because Nick beat the shit out of him people will act like he's some scrub and all the "the next mirco" stuff never happened.

And Jay Hieron has nothing for Nick. Nick's gonna smash him standing and if it hits the ground we will see a tapout.

And i'd like to say my little piece about Nick Diaz. His punched DO hurt, i dont care what Frank said. He had Zaromskis rocked almost throughout that whole round.When he was ripping those body shots you could see Zaromskis scowl in pain. He was hitting him with jabs, uppercuts, left hooks, right hooks, and they're coming from all different angles. He never gives his opponent a chance to rest. He is relentlessly attacking. And thats what makes him such a great striker. Because he doesn't put everything into one punch or swing wildly from his hips like all the "great power strikers" do, people seem to think that he's not a good striker. The truth is, Nick Diaz is one of the very best strikers in this sport. You never know where his punches are coming from, he just keeps peppering you with shots and his length and reach, and eventually he puts you away. Zaromskis was down for a while, but it's all just pitter pat right?

Cant wait to see Nick's next fight. He is in the prime of his career right now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 pm

I disagree about Jay not having anything for Nick but otherwise you're on the money.

While I know you've been laying low since you assbabbled about the Jets and all that, but I know you had to get off on Rex Ryan showing up at a Strikeforce event talking shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:40 pm

What? I didn't even know that happened i watched all the fights at 1 in the morn last night online. What happened?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I was way off about Diaz   Well, I was way off about Diaz Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, I was way off about Diaz
Page 1 of 1