Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Magic Mike - You know what it's a pretty good movie, if you can get past the fact it's about male stripping you might enjoy it. 4.5/5

Although it was kinda disturbing having Kevin Nash in there, ruined my childhood a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Saw Lawless last night. Not bad overall. Tom Hardy has a lot of range.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Ludo wrote:
Saw Lawless last night. Not bad overall. Tom Hardy has a lot of range.

Didn't Bronson already teach you that ? Hardy has DeNiro potential IMO.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Django was great. A notch or two below Inglorious but atleast it pretty much lived up to my hopes unlike Skyfall

Thought it was OK. Inglorious was fantastic. Django? Not so much. Thought it went for cheap giggles too often, thought Waltz's character grew tiresome, didn't think the scene around the table held anywhere near the tension nor drama of Bastards. And Django's wife was a total throw away character.

There were some moments of serious power, but not enough imo.

Though I am looking fwd to watching it again.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 pm

OU wrote:
Still haven't watched Lawless.

Finally watched Pulp Fiction, just barely knocked it out before 2013. Great movie.

Ordered Hatfeilds and McCoys on blu ray, marked down from $60 down to $20, no tax, free 2 day shipping.

Man what was the holdup?

It is a great movie. Holds up well to numerous viewings.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Saw the Hobbit in 3d three weeks ago, re-read the book after, down loaded the dvd screener last week and watched it again a few times. It's pretty good, hard to describe though. I think the LotR movies are overall better but of the four films this is probably the best. The first 40 minutes is really good in the Shire. The Radagast, White Council and Dol Guldor additions work very well I thought. The Azog addition is the weakest spot really, not needed at all, it's basically the only glaring negative I can draw from the movie. The Dwarves Lonely Mountain song reminds me of some 5fdp stuff for some reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm

I like Azog the character my only real issue would be that he's completely CGI. Now granted Gollum works in CGI but that's got alot more to do with Andy Serkis' performance, I just feel Azog would have worked better in prosthetics and make up like the villain from The Fellowship.

Love Radagast, even his silly rabbit sled.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Oscar nominations were announced today and as usual there were alot of omissions, most notably Ben Affleck being snubbed for Best Director.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

New Danny Boyle film looks ace.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 am

Saw Jack Reacher over the weekend. It was OK. Not as good as I hoped it would be but it wasn't bad. But I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Red Lights - Started off well but got really silly towards the end. 3/5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Call me crazy but I really want to see the new Tom Cruise movie Oblivion. Saw the previews when I saw Jack Reacher in theaters over the weekend. Looks very interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm

OU wrote:
Call me crazy but I really want to see the new Tom Cruise movie Oblivion. Saw the previews when I saw Jack Reacher in theaters over the weekend. Looks very interesting to me.

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t19794-oblivion?highlight=oblivion
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t19794-oblivion?highlight=oblivion

I didn't figure there would be a thread about it so I didn't search. Looks legit to me, or for my taste.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:04 pm

OU wrote:
Saw Jack Reacher over the weekend. It was OK. Not as good as I hoped it would be but it wasn't bad. But I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

figured it as a dvd viewing.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

It's better than OU makes out.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Ali* wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

eh, I mean, I'll watch it. And I avoid junk action flicks. But this looked reasonable. But not worth seeing in theater.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali* wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

eh, I mean, I'll watch it. And I avoid junk action flicks. But this looked reasonable. But not worth seeing in theater.

I was pleasantly surprised with Jack Reacher, glad I caught it in the cinema. It's not a really a junk action movie either it's more like a crime thriller.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Ted 2 and Ted will be appearing at the Oscars.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

Ali* wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Ali* wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised with Jack Reacher, glad I caught it in the cinema. It's not a really a junk action movie either it's more like a crime thriller.
I didn't say it was bad. I said it was OK. I guess you could stretch it to pretty good. But you are correct it is more of a crime thriller.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 am

Got Lawless to watch on Blu Ray tonight and then tomorrow I am off to see Django Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Ali* wrote:
Got Lawless to watch on Blu Ray tonight and then tomorrow I am off to see Django Very Happy
I thought you already saw Lawless? It's pretty good, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Nah that's one of the few I missed in the cinema Sad I can't wait to watch it, even despite the fact it features Shia.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Nah that's one of the few I missed in the cinema Sad I can't wait to watch it, even despite the fact it features Shia.
He does a decent job in the movie. But Hardy is better.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next