Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Red 2 with no Brian Cox?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Lawless - Pretty good. Gary Oldman was severely underused though. 4/5

Definitely have a crush on Jessica Chastain now.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Selena Gomez and Venessa Hudgens in skimpy bikini's + James Franco with dreadlocks = Awesome.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am

Watched Catfish tonight. Thought it was really good. I hope it's real because it makes it better, but at the same time I don't because its so pathetic and weird.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Killer Joe - There's really no words to describe that movie it's just fucked up but also weirdly funny in places. I will say though that Mathew McConaughey's performance was outstanding, you could argue that it's probably Mathew's greatest performance he's ever given.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Ali* wrote:
Killer Joe - There's really no words to describe that movie it's just fucked up but also weirdly funny in places. I will say though that Mathew McConaughey's performance was outstanding, you could argue that it's probably Mathew's greatest performance he's ever given.

That's not saying much. Matthew McConaugay is one of the worst actors of all time.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali* wrote:

That's not saying much. Matthew McConaugay is one of the worst actors of all time.

Harsh, very harsh. Mathew has potential he's just squandered it with those romcoms. He's gave good performances in the past with Time To Kill, Amistad, Lincoln Lawyer and Magic Mike.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am

I watched Die Hard. It was good, nothing special but good.

I also watched Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the first time. Watched the first season(7 episodes) and a couple from season 2 so far. Great show, you guys were not exaggerating with this one. Glad it's on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Watched Catfish tonight. Thought it was really good. I hope it's real because it makes it better, but at the same time I don't because its so pathetic and weird.
That movie and TV series got a ton of pub from this Te'o shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Jason Bourne>John McClane
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 pm

OU wrote:
Jason Bourne>John McClane

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I can't be alone there.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

You better be or I'll lose all faith in this forums taste in movies. Don't get me wrong I love the Bourne series but as characters it's not even close.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

You better be or I'll lose all faith in this forums taste in movies. Don't get me wrong I love the Bourne series but as characters it's not even close.
Only reason Die Hard will be considered better is because it's a "classic".
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

Not really the Bourne trilogy are already instant classics. You said Bourne greater than McClane and that's just not true, John McClane is far more likeable character.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

Not really the Bourne trilogy are already instant classics. You said Bourne greater than McClane and that's just not true, John McClane is far more likeable character.
I have only seen 1 Die Hard but they are very different. Bourne was built while McClane was just a cop. Which I guess makes McClane more amazing doing so much with less skill.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

I have only seen 1 Die Hard but they are very different. Bourne was built while McClane was just a cop. Which I guess makes McClane more amazing doing so much with less skill.

It's more to do with McClane's charisma and witty one liners.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

OK I guess you are right there. But Bourne is more badass.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't be alone there.

OK I guess you are right there. But Bourne is more badass.

He might kick ass with a rolled up magazine but Bourne can't rock a vest like McClane Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Jason Bourne never goes bald.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

OU wrote:
Jason Bourne never goes bald.

Oh really

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 Matt%20Damon%20Bald
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Ali* wrote:

I told you it's fucked up on levels we haven't really seen before in mainstream film. But overall, aside from the fact that the kid got kicked in the face like 20 times and only had some light bruising the next day it was a well put together film I thought.

Mathew McConaughey wrote:
If you insult me again I'm going to cut your face off and wear it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali* wrote:

I told you it's fucked up on levels we haven't really seen before in mainstream film. But overall, aside from the fact that the kid got kicked in the face like 20 times and only had some light bruising the next day it was a well put together film I thought.

Mathew McConaughey wrote:
If you insult me again I'm going to cut your face off and wear it.

It's his reaction and expressions during the drumstick scene that's really crazy, takes balls to do that infront of a crew.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Watched super 8. The beginning and middle were good. The ending was ok.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Watched super 8. The beginning and middle were good. The ending was ok.

That movie sucked donkey balls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next