Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title Empty
PostSubject: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:32 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/6/2615589/ufc-dan-henderson-challenge-jon-jones-title

Prior to Dan Henderson's return to the UFC it seemed that many people forgot that Hendo had won his last three UFC bouts before heading to Strikeforce. The loss in his first Strikeforce bout against Jake Shields seemed to only serve to make more people want to write off Henderson as a top level fighter.

Now riding a four fight win streak that includes names like Fedor Emelianenko and Mauricio Rua, Henderson thinks it's time for him to get a UFC title shot, an he tells Sherdog he should get the next shot and is willing to use the old man ploy to get it:

"It's unfortunate that Rashad got hurt, but you know, it's happened twice now," Henderson said. "He's had people step in. ... All I know is, if I have to, I'll pull out the age card and just say I should have seniority here. I'm getting older. Rashad's got a little more time than I do."

"That's pretty much one of the last things I've got on my list for my career," Henderson said, "to get a UFC title and keep it for a little while."

Henderson's speed and the way he telegraphs his biggest weapon (right hand) would likely make for a very long night against Jones, but somehow it doesn't matter who he fights, it seems that he always finds a way to land the big shot.

We've not really seen Jones have to deal with getting blasted on the chin by a huge shot yet and that is one thing he may have to deal with against Hendo.

Then again, he still has to get through Lyoto Machida Saturday night at UFC 140.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:17 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/15/2637964/randy-couture-jon-jones-reach-not-a-huge-issue-in-potential-dan
UFC hall-of-famer Randy Couture tells ESPN he "doesn't see it being a huge issue."

Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title Star-divide.v5e9d7f1

"It'd be interesting to see Danny against Jon Jones. At the ripe
old age of 40 Danny is coming into his own. He's firing on all cylinders
right now. He's got a tremendous wrestling background, he's got one of
the best right hands in the sport, it'd be interesting to see how he'd
deal with Jon and how Jon would deal with him. I don't see reach being a
huge issue. I don't see Jon being able to stay on the outside and pick
Dan apart. There's going to have to be an engagement at some point in
that cage and we'd get to see what type of punch Jon can take."

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:35 am

If a UFC tournament winner KO'd MMA 4.0's newest and greatest fighter...I'd shit my pants and possibly eat it. Then kiss BBC on the lips. And he'd like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

I'd love to see Hendo get a shot at Jon Jones but if Rashad beats Davis I think he should get his shot first.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If a UFC tournament winner KO'd MMA 4.0's newest and greatest fighter...I'd shit my pants and possibly eat it. Then kiss BBC on the lips. And he'd like it.
You just made me rock hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title   Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Henderson Ready to Pull the Age Card to Get Shot at Jon Jones, Wants a UFC Title
Page 1 of 1