Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
captain organic
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Miesha looks good in her fight gear. Sweet ass sweet.

both fighters have their good and bad moments. Ronda is not attractive enough for it to be labled the reason she is getting hype. The reason she is getting hype is because she comes with an established, dominant base(world class Judo) in MMA which many girls, including Cyborg don't.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:38 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Miesha looks good in her fight gear. Sweet ass sweet.

both fighters have their good and bad moments. Ronda is not attractive enough for it to be labled the reason she is getting hype. The reason she is getting hype is because she comes with an established, dominant base(world class Judo) in MMA which many girls, including Cyborg don't.
I think the Brock comparison is somewhat fair. It's not identical but there are similarities. Brock's size/look was his primary reason for being pushed so fast. But he wouldn't have got the opportunity if he didn't have a legit wrestling background. Also took advantage of a weak weight class.
No doubt Ronda being atleast semi-attractive is a factor in getting the hype so fast. She also has the luxury of having a somewhat shallow division. But in Ronda's case I think you could argue that her Judo success is atleast an equal factor in the hype.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 am

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 AfwV11kCEAEDkn5_medium
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/3/12/2866325/miesha-tate-requests-ronda-rousey-rematch-broken-arm-showtime-strikeforce-female-mma
Quote :
"I, personally, would love the opportunity to have a rematch. I think at a high level, it takes one mistake. Anyone can make a mistake at any moment and someone's able to capitalize on that. I don't feel that Ronda proved anything other than what she's already (proved) -- that she has one thing that she's great at. Really phenomenal at. But everything else, I could beat her. Give me another shot. I think it was competitive. I think for the most part I was probably winning. And I think at a competitive high level, one day one person could beat the one person, and the other day the other person would beat the other person."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

Miesha's still way hotter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:45 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/13/2867151/ronda-rousey-miesha-tate-dumb
SD: Miesha stated that she felt she was winning until you caught her with the second armbar. What's your take on this?

RR: I don't think there's any way she could argue that she was winning that fight at all. If you just look at the striking stats, I landed 43 strikes and she landed 11. If you look at the actual damage, she was bruised up on her leg and her face, not to mention her arm. The only point in the fight where she could say she was being the least bit dominant, is the part where she had my back, but she definitely landed fewer strikes from the back, and had zero submission attempts. The one time she tried to do something, she lost her position immediately. That wasn't a dominant position for her, that was pretty much her holding on for dear life. Every single takedown was me, I had the majority of the strikes, and I got the win. This all happened in four minutes, and if she assumes that the few seconds that she had my back, that she was the winner...well she wasn't doing anything productive there anyway, except prolonging the inevitable.

SD: Miesha said during her interview that you didn't really prove much during your fight. How do you feel about that statement?

RR: It just kind of makes her sound dumb. Everyone knows that I wanted to armbar her, and there was nothing she could do to stop me, even with months of preparation. I think that proves a lot. It's like she's not even looking at the actual situation. I don't know what match she was watching, to really think that. One of those pieces of advice that my mom tells me all the time is, 'Never listen to your own press.' The second I got out of that cage, my coach was already telling me a million things I did wrong. It just seems tome like she must be surrounded by a bunch of "yes men" all the time, saying stuff like, 'Oh yeah, you were winning. You were totally dominating.' If I was her, I would look at that match, look at what I did wrong, and try to fix it next time, and not be like 'I was totally winning before I lost.'

Star-divide

SD: Miesha says that the only thing you're really good at is the armbar, and that she feels she excels in all other areas over you. Are there any areas you felt she was dominant in during your fight?

RR: Then why did she get taken down three times? I had more takedowns than her. I had more submission attempts. I had more landed strikes. Even if you just look at it on paper, I had more dominant positions, more strikes...I beat her in every single category. Anyone watching the fight wouldn't have thought that she was winning at any point. I don't know what fight she was watching, but it might be a different one than the one I'm looking at.

SD: Miesha is picking you to beat Kaufman because she feels her style plays right into your strengths. Would you agree with that statement?

RR: Yes and no. It's another grappler vs. striker match. Miesha is not as good as I am in grappling, and striking is not really her forte either, even though that was really the only way for her to try to win, and that didn't work out for her. Sarah also doesn't have as good grappling as me, but she has way better striking than Miesha. It could be that she's much stronger in my weaker area than Miesha ever was. I don't know. We'll see. It's hard to say until you're there.

SD: Would you say that Sarah presents a tougher challenge than Miesha did?

RR: Yeah. No one is ever easy until after you beat them. I already beat Miesha so I can say 'OK, that was easy, but this next chick is going to be really tough' because I haven't fought her yet. I feel that Miesha would probably be the easier one for me, because I know that my grappling was better than hers. I didn't feel that I was in danger of being submitted or knocked out. Sarah doesn't pose any submission threat towards me, but she is more of a standing threat than Miesha ever was. I feel that she is a more dangerous fight for me than Miesha was.

SD: Miesha has stated that she would like a rematch with you. Would you be interested in Rousey vs. Tate, Part II?

RR: If she wants Rousey/Tate II, I'll be happy to oblige her.

SD: What have you been doing with your time since the fight?

RR: I've been pretty much living in a cave. I've been hanging out with a lot of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time, and just sitting on couches, watching TV, and catching up. I've also been hanging around a lot with my family and my new niece. Just visiting with the people that are really close to me that I haven't been able to spend that much time with. I'll probably rejoin society on Wednesday when I fly back to LA.

SD: Are you overwhelmed by the response from the male faction of your fans due to your newly single dating status?

RR: I'm off the market for a while. For the last three years, I was single for like two months. I kind of need to have time to just hang out with my dog. [laughs]
Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 20120303_pjc_ab8_597_extra_large
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

I hooked up with her on OKcupid last night.

I am really finding it difficult to stay a Miesha Tate fan in all of this. I don't think she has handled this well at all. She did smack Ronda standing a couple solid times though, but other than that, she got tossed worse than any of Ronda's other MMA opponents.

I admit, my bias against judo in MMA and the fact Ronda used a Royce Gracie leg trip in her early can smashings made me doubt if she could get a former wrestler down, but man...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am

[youtube]