Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
captain organic
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda Empty
PostSubject: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 am

MieshaTate
Miesha Tate
@
@JUSTSK8NCREATE the girls she dominated were up and comers or nobody's both Sarah & Alexis have actually beat top 10 ranked girls in the

MieshaTate
Miesha Tate
@
@ToniUsaJudo @rosisexton @mmasarah Sarah is a former Champion!! She shouldn't have to step down to fight Ronda, does nothing for Sarah

MieshaTate
Miesha Tate
@
@HowardKeithBram @jchapman66 @mauroranallo she hasn't fought any1 that's a top contender yet one girl on her record is 0-2 just sayin

MieshaTate
Miesha Tate
@
@arielhelwani BUT if u add up all 4 of her opponents fight it's a 14-8 record, marloes by herself is 19-5 against tougher girls

There are plenty more too lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

honestly, she's acting scared. who else is she gonna fight?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Well most people were under the assumption that Kaufman was next, but nothing was ever announced?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 am

killerofchicken wrote:
I guess there are alot of WMMA vets that are upset with the attention Ronda is getting. I guess multiple women fighters made comments on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
I guess there are alot of WMMA vets that are upset with the attention Ronda is getting. I guess multiple women fighters made comments on Twitter.
attention is warranted, she's on a role is she not?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
attention is warranted, she's on a role is she not?
Well like Tate is pointing out. She thinks it is against weak competition and she is too early in her career to be calling for title shots. They seem bitter because she is getting a ton of attention with less then a handful of fights. They should be thankful that she is drawing attention to WMMA.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah the female MMA fighters attitude towards Ronda on twitter reeks of jealously. I love how they are all pissed because Rousey makes comments about knowing that its beneficial for her to show off sex appeal to go along with her fighting skills. Like Miesha hasn't done modeling shit before
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm

mmasarah
Sarah Kaufman
@
@ToniUsaJudo it's great she's gung-ho about getting a title fight but I've already earned my contender ship so she'll have 2 wait 2 fight me
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:25 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Yeah the female MMA fighters attitude towards Ronda on twitter reeks of jealously. I love how they are all pissed because Rousey makes comments about knowing that its beneficial for her to show off sex appeal to go along with her fighting skills. Like Miesha hasn't done modeling shit before
Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda Miesha-tate-almost-naked
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

I think Meisha's point is fair, Ronda has 4 wins with little by way of notable wins, Tate is 12-2, Kaufmann 14-1. And they themselves have some animosity between them.

I have no problem with Ronda winning a few more fights b4 she gets in the title mix.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
I think Meisha's point is fair, Ronda has 4 wins with little by way of notable wins, Tate is 12-2, Kaufmann 14-1. And they themselves have some animosity between them.

I have no problem with Ronda winning a few more fights b4 she gets in the title mix.
I understand the complaints but IMO they should look at the bigger picture and be grateful. The more exposure Ronda get the more exposure women's MMA gets. If her fighting for the title brings more attention to their division they should be happy about that. The future of WMMA under Zuffa is still up in the air. Every little bit helps.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 pm

But I don't think there is anything resentful towards Ronda as a fighter, just that, at 4-0, she should not jump a girl who is 14-1 and is proven against a much higher caliber of fighter.

I know the SF's future is very much in doubt, but do enough people really know who ronda is? At this point in her career is she saving SF? I doubt she's even a minimal talking point during negotiations.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 pm

captain organic wrote:
But I don't think there is anything resentful towards Ronda as a fighter, just that, at 4-0, she should not jump a girl who is 14-1 and is proven against a much higher caliber of fighter.

I know the SF's future is very much in doubt, but do enough people really know who ronda is? At this point in her career is she saving SF? I doubt she's even a minimal talking point during negotiations.
Well Ronda was brought on to Inside MMA and she has been getting decent pub. Especially for a women's fighter with less then 5 pro fights. Some of those women seemed pretty catty on twitter toward Ronda.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Not to mention that BE and other sites are talking about how Ronda should be fighting Tate. She is getting some decent pub out there.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:25 pm

It def looks catty, but Tate vs Kaufman should happen 1st.

Let Ronda take off Davis's arm off. And then Tate or whomever will have nothing else to say.

And there is no need to rush this. Let it build even bigger. Cause it will get bigger.

People will watch Tate vs Kaufman just to see who Ronda will fight.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 pm

captain organic wrote:
It def looks catty, but Tate vs Kaufman should happen 1st.

Let Ronda take off Davis's arm off. And then Tate or whomever will have nothing else to say.

And there is no need to rush this. Let it build even bigger. Cause it will get bigger.

People will watch Tate vs Kaufman just to see who Ronda will fight.

I'm not saying I disagree with Kaufman getting the title shot, but IMO the ladies should layoff the comments. They should hope her name is as big as possible so more people are watching when they get a crack at her. IF for whatever reason she was given the next shot I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing. Tate vs Ronda would have some sex appeal since they are both semi-hotties, which means when you factor in them being athletes they are super hotties.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Nah, Tate's comments help build the fight as well. And helps bring attention to a Tate vs Kaufman fight if it happens first.

And Rousey is the catalyst of all this. No debating that. But imo, the back and forth is good, and not rushing the fight is good as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
Nah, Tate's comments help build the fight as well. And helps bring attention to a Tate vs Kaufman fight if it happens first.

And Rousey is the catalyst of all this. No debating that. But imo, the back and forth is good, and not rushing the fight is good as well.
Well what is stupid is Kaufman hasn't been officially named as next in line, it was assumed that she was but SF needs to make that official. They should have months ago.
But I guess you are right, would be cool if they got a legit rivalry thing going. Build up some hype for the future fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 pm

I think Rousey is a terrible matchup for Tate and would defeat her quite handily. Kaufman is different because of how strong she is, hard to takedown, and she can exploit Ronda's standup obviously. I don't think somebody who is pretty much a top control fighter who might bust out a submission would provide much trouble for Ronda
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah Ronda would probably make Meisha drink her milkshake on the ground regardless of where they ended up. I think Ronda is big enough that she could sweep if she ends up on the bottom but her balance and hip control make that incredibly hard to accomplish in the first place. Chances are if they fought Ronda would drag Meisha to the ground, set up from side control and grab hold of one of those arms before ripping it off.

Like I said before I don't think Rousey can beat Kaufman at this time. She's too big, too strong, too good at defending takedowns, and has too much power in her hands.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm

http://ht.ly/7IGF6
One more person who isn’t too keen on Rousey’s mouth is Strikeforce fighter Alexis Davis, who has won her last three fights in a row including a dominant performance over Amanda Nunes in September.

She’s been watching quietly from the sidelines seeing the drama
unfold, but with Rousey trying to jump over her as well in the
contender’s race, Davis is quiet no more.

“I’ve been watching a bit, back and forth, I haven’t quite seen it all,” Davis told MMAWeekly Radio
about the Tate/Rousey situation. “I’m busy training in the gym, maybe
these girls should be working out and getting ready for their next
fights before they’re talking all this smack about how much damage
they’re going to cause.”

While Davis understands the tactics that Rousey is using to get
attention and possibly position herself in a title shot sooner rather
than later, she believes the former Olympian is jumping in the deep end
before she’s shown anybody that she can swim.

“I don’t think she’s really fought anybody who has been able to give
her a challenge, that’s had like a serious ground game,” Davis said.

“She talks a lot of smack and on one side that’s great, well some of
the things she’s said, for women’s MMA. It’s really got everyone’s
attention. But some of the things she’s said, and I think she has
talent in there, but has she fought anybody? Let’s get to the bottom
line. Does she deserve a title shot? Sure, she’s doing great and the
press and everybody’s talking about it, but has she earned it? I don’t
think quite yet.”

Sometimes the loudest one in the room is the person everyone pays
attention to, so Davis is happy to make a similar declaration, but she’s
more than willing to back it up in the cage as well.

“I’m saying it right now I deserve a title shot. Let’s go. What’s
going to happen, we don’t know. Like I said after my last fight, give
me Miesha Tate, I’ll fight her. Sarah Kaufman, she’s right up there,
she’s the top contender right now. I’d like to see Ronda walk all over
her, it’s not going to happen when you get to that level of fighter,”
said Davis.

“If I can’t have Miesha Tate, obviously I’m going to want her first or Sarah Kaufman, then I’ll take Ronda.”
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 pm

honestly, i think Tate is scared of her. it's fucking hilarious
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm

I love how all these chicks are jealous of the attention she's getting and are ganging up on here. Ronda bout to break some off on all these bitches
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Ronda would sub Tate in under 2 mintues. The only female fighter in the world she would lose to is Cyborg.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Hard to reach that conclusion for me. Girls like Tate, Gurgel, Coenen, and Kaufman you can talk about because they have actualy fought people and proven their mettle. Rousey is a rookie being fast tracked for a fall it looks like based on b-grade sex appeal and subbing some standing fighters. Hence why the vets who have been working up to the level they are now after several years and many times more fight than Rousey are critics of her four fights making people actually think she already on their level.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda   Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda Empty

Back to top Go down

Miesha Tate not impressed by Ronda
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next