Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off

Go down 
+2
Ludo
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off Empty
PostSubject: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 am

"I didn't feel the passion and fire I felt in all my previous fights. I felt out of my element, I didn't feel normal in there whatsoever. It was very strange, it was not a feeling I enjoyed and not something I want to experience again, I don't really know what my next step is here. Even when I was when lined up with Julie, across the cage, I was like, ‘Is this really happening right now? Am I really here? Am I really in this fight?' I felt like I was kind of just in this twilight zone. I did not like that. It's not how I normally feel, not how emotions really run. Normally I'm excited to be there, I'm amped and pumped, and I felt little to nothing, and I mean, she literally elbowed me and got my lip really good and I was like ‘ehh, whatever.' She kicked me in the face, ‘ehh, whatever,' It was not, it wasn't a normal circumstance for me I don't know why that is but I'm asking myself a lot of questions. I think I need to take a step back, relax a minute, and evaluate it. I need to find a way to fire myself up again and get that passion, because I know there's so much I still want to accomplish in MMA. I absolutely want to fight Ronda Rousey twice, but at this point, you know, mentally and emotionally, I'm not right. I shouldn't be getting into the cage if I'm not going into it wholeheartedly for this fight. It's hard for me to admit that, but that's the honest truth. I didn't feel like it for this fight like I did for other fights. I don't know how to explain that, I guess it's something I just have to figure out at this point."

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 am

Getting your shit mangled by the chick who got in your face and your boyfriend's face will do that to you.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 am

ya man, Miesha seemed kinda weird the whole week going into the fight and after the fight, makes sense.

At least she didn't look like Kaufman, man am I the only one that noticed Kaufman looked zonked the fuck out
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 am

I think maybe Kaufman saw the writing on the wall whereas Tate truly believed she was going to beat Rousey and dominate Kedzie. When neither of those things happened and she was actually dismantled by Rousey perhaps the realization that she'd never be champion again really set in on Tate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 am

I heard she booked a trip to Scotland.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:41 am

She almost got KTFO a couple times this last fight. You see that fat lip? She tried to hide those battle scars.

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off 1_medium
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 am

OU wrote:
She almost got KTFO a couple times this last fight. You see that fat lip? She tried to hide those battle scars.

Fucking hell she looks like a pimp has just slapped her around.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

She took her lumps this fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:00 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Ludo wrote:
I think maybe Kaufman saw the writing on the wall whereas Tate truly believed she was going to beat Rousey and dominate Kedzie. When neither of those things happened and she was actually dismantled by Rousey perhaps the realization that she'd never be champion again really set in on Tate.

I think you are spot on, Kedzi damn near KO'd her twice and seeing ROnda after going life and death with ROusey.....maybe Caraway aint the greatest training partner after all
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 pm

and Kedzi almost took her top off after kicking her in the jaw........nice
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Yeah that was an interesting gif lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

It's a pity her toes weren't stronger.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Ouch.
man, that foot almost took her top off!

she's a great fighter, i dont see why she wants to walk away...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off Mieshatate_lip
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Ouch.
man, that foot almost took her top off!

she's a great fighter, i dont see why she wants to walk away...

Doesn't seem she does want to walk away. But if u ain't right mentally, it's prob best to stay out of the cage.

And maybe women just don't handle losing big fights in brutal fashion very well. We never saw Gina again, granted there was other $$$ out there but it certainly seemed she got the fight beat out of her.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off 564382_457762764246346_881616118_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate Taking Time Off   Miesha Tate Taking Time Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Miesha Tate Taking Time Off
Page 1 of 1