Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 am

Minor set back for Carwin. "Unfinished business" must mean he wants another crack at Lesnar, ya think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 pm

As a man of faith I know that you are never given more burden then you can carry. I feel that the last couple years have tested me in more ways then I have ever imagined. The challenges the being close to greatness and yet so far away has been nothing less then motivating.

I have spent my entire fighting career dealing with injuries from my football career. I have done my best to get through my training and I have been blessed to get through my fights with relatively little to no damage.

As I ramped up my training for UFC 141 my body locked up during training. It wasn’t like the Lesnar fight but my back just tightened up and I froze. I scheduled an MRI and the results showed that my disc in my lower back is into the nerves . My doctor gave me two options; retire and I could probably go on for a few years without surgery or I could undergo surgery and continue my career.

The decision was easy. I have unfinished business. The UFC had me lined up to face one of the best in the world and I am confident I have everything I need to be a Champion. I am scheduling surgery and I hope to return to the Octagon by spring or summer 2012.

I will be in Las Vegas for Halloween weekend for a UFC 137 viewing party. I look forward to a fast and speedy recovery.

Thanks to my sponsors and fans for all of your continued support.”

-Carwin

In a blog he posted earlier on Shane-Carwin.com, Shane Carwin breaks the news that he’s going ahead with back surgery after being told that his only options were surgery or retirement. Carwin has seen very little action since his July 2010 submission loss to Brock Lesnar, as injuries and a previous neck/back surgery from November 2010 have kept the former UFC interim champion sidelined.

He was last seen in action at UFC 131 where he lost a three round unanimous decision to Junior Dos Santos. The loss was his second straight, as Carwin had been scheduled to take on Jon Olav Einemo, but when Brock Lesnar was forced to withdraw with another bout of diverticulitis, Carwin got the call to step in against Dos Santos.

With the UFC getting ready to make its move to Fox, the addition of Alistair Overeem to the roster, and the return of Brock Lesnar, Carwin’s back injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. Will the former champion be able to make a successful comeback after another extensive layoff?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Spring 2012? Not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Pity Carwin is so old.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
Spring 2012? Not the end of the world.
at 36 years old, it'll be very tough for him to come back
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:55 pm

age and a bad back are not good together for a fighter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
age and a bad back are not good together for a fighter.
I'm sure his size isn't helping him here either.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:01 am

before it was discovered that he needed surgery, there was a rumor of Carwin fighting Werdum @ 141
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:06 am

killerofchicken wrote:
before it was discovered that he needed surgery, there was a rumor of Carwin fighting Werdum @ 141
Mir vs Werdum sounds like an interesting matchup.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:07 am

Or Roy if he gets by CC.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

Shane Carwin
Quote :
I am heading to Canada to train with #shialabeouf, watch out world
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire Surgery
UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin
had successful back surgery this morning. This is a picture taken of
him right afterwards. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and be able
to return to the cage soon.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 pm

OU wrote:

I bet If I fought him right here, right now, I'd win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I dunno, he can take some punishment and he is under the influence of pain killers so you couldn't hurt him. He has that right hand free, all he needs is 1 shot lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 pm

OU wrote:

Am I seeing things or does Carwin have a tiny middle finger ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:00 pm

That is you seeing things bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire   Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane Carwin must have surgery or retire
Page 1 of 1