Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
timthebim
captain organic
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:32 am

freakzilla wrote:
Brock was throwing legit punches and then Mir turned his head. It was Mir's fault not Brock's.

I'm sorry. What the fuck are you trying to suggest here?
Back to top Go down

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 am

If the other guy turns his head when you are already in the motion of throwing a legit punch then you shouldn't be deducted a point. There was no way Brock could've stopped that punch.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:42 am

1. Freak, I love that video in your sig box brother.

2. GDP, you are fucking crazy. We have all seen that first Lesnar vs. Mir fight, and the fact that Brock couldn't slow his lunchbox size hands down when swinging a punch, against a guy who kept ducking his head in so as to get hit in the back of the head, is bad form. Frank got his ass kicked in the first fight and worse in the 2nd. You are right in that he didn't get lucky in the sub, but that is like a recent scrap I was in vs. someone 20 years my senior. He was boxing and I was MMAing. Needless to say the advantages were all mine...

3. I am no fan of Brock, but to say anything he has done for the sport is bad is stupid. That man is the biggest seller of MMA on the planet period. Does it have to do with his days in pro-wrestling? Of course it does. But with the exception of his very first opponent, he has fought nothing but ranked opponents in this sport and literally retired Heath Herring, one of the toughest SOBs I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks Drew.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 am

Get em Drew!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 am

freakzilla wrote:
If the other guy turns his head when you are already in the motion of throwing a legit punch then you shouldn't be deducted a point. There was no way Brock could've stopped that punch.

Right, but what about the three after it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am

I guess we really haven't learned as much as we thought...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
1. Freak, I love that video in your sig box brother.

2. GDP, you are fucking crazy. We have all seen that first Lesnar vs. Mir fight, and the fact that Brock couldn't slow his lunchbox size hands down when swinging a punch, against a guy who kept ducking his head in so as to get hit in the back of the head, is bad form. Frank got his ass kicked in the first fight and worse in the 2nd. You are right in that he didn't get lucky in the sub, but that is like a recent scrap I was in vs. someone 20 years my senior. He was boxing and I was MMAing. Needless to say the advantages were all mine...

3. I am no fan of Brock, but to say anything he has done for the sport is bad is stupid. That man is the biggest seller of MMA on the planet period. Does it have to do with his days in pro-wrestling? Of course it does. But with the exception of his very first opponent, he has fought nothing but ranked opponents in this sport and literally retired Heath Herring, one of the toughest SOBs I have ever seen.

I'm not crazy, I'm loco. What is crazy is to say with any kind of seriousness that the rules apply to every fighter but Brock. Plain and simple if an opponent shows you the back of his head, you cannot hit it, there is no boner induced argument that can make that false. That the laws of physics were somehow stacked against just one guy is a pathetic argument. An amount of discipline, not black magic physics are what caused Brock to attack the back of the head.

Everything else in the post...

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 255d10570d14fc4fd653246c59df1225
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 am

I don't think Steve was right to ever seperate them, let alone deduct a point. There was never a clear punch to the back of the head. Frank was turning his head and it wasn't like they were blatant strikes to the back of the head.

Either way we don't need Brock vs Mir 3. Do you really want that fight?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Good call Drew.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 pm

KingsOwn19 Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez primetime to debut on Oct 6th - Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 pm wrote:
I
wonder if we'll get to see Brock Lesnar vs. Unhinged Prop Door II. I've
been awaiting that rematch since the UFC 100 countdown.
KingsOwn19 wrote:
No shock there. It could have been Lesnar vs. Door
from UFC 100 countdown II and it would have been a title
eliminator.

Still clamoring for that rematch I see.

And what good call Drew, that the rules of MMA and physics don't apply to Brock? Comedy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:33 pm

I just spent way too much time loling at Brock threads made on this site in the past 17 months. Nothing makes more people go full retard at Ninja's Place more than the mention of Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I just spent way too much time loling at Brock threads made on this site in the past 17 months. Nothing makes more people go full retard at Ninja's Place more than the mention of Brock Lesnar.

I would agree with that except for the Fedor threads.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
KingsOwn19 Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez primetime to debut on Oct 6th - Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 pm wrote:
I
wonder if we'll get to see Brock Lesnar vs. Unhinged Prop Door II. I've
been awaiting that rematch since the UFC 100 countdown.
KingsOwn19 wrote:
No shock there. It could have been Lesnar vs. Door
from UFC 100 countdown II and it would have been a title
eliminator.

Still clamoring for that rematch I see.

And what good call Drew, that the rules of MMA and physics don't apply to Brock? Comedy

lol, good find. There is probably even more of me asking for that rematch

and it was more than one punch to the back of the head freak, i felt that Lesnar could have gotten off with a warning but let's not pretend it's Mir's fault that Lesnar dropped a few punches on the back of his head and nothing should have happened because Mir turned his head which is a perfectly acceptable, legal, not to mention smart thing to do when you are getting punched in the face.

and Drew saying he's not a brock fan is laughable.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:45 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:08 pm

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Kcle911
UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 2jcedcp1
UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 21dr1w2
UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Lesnarcarwin
UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 213k5kx
UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Fjkqht

I'll go Reem for the win. 21 days of Sig on the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Hmmm, no Carwin tapping out.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Why would there be, he stopped fighting before the end of the first round.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 pm

i still feel like Randy could've beat Brock by dec that night if he didn't all of a sudden decide to just stand there and trade with him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Quick, somebody put up some gifs from Overeem's double digit losses. Mainly the ones where he folded like a Fischer Price tent
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:09 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
i still feel like Randy could've beat Brock by dec that night if he didn't all of a sudden decide to just stand there and trade with him.
Shot behind the ear changed everything. Just like the Ace vs Vitor fight IMO. Call me crazy, obviously credit to the men throwing the punches, but either fight could have went the other way if it wasn't for the shot landing right behind the ear.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Where are the takers???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Quick, somebody put up some gifs from Overeem's double digit losses. Mainly the ones where he folded like a Fischer Price tent

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 21np569
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Lol, like Lesnar could ever be comparable to Shogun throwing that kind of strike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 pm

I have Overeem winning this anyway. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot   UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem winner on Dec. 30 earns heavyweight title shot
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next