Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Ninja
LA
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:15 pm

I never thought much of George either, but he was fighting for a title shot there just like Miller was last night and Siver handled him. Dunham was still undefeated in most people's minds and was definitely in most top 10s. And I highly doubt Melvin is afraid of anything Kenny was bringing to the table
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I never thought much of George either, but he was fighting for a title shot there just like Miller was last night and Siver handled him. Dunham was still undefeated in most people's minds and was definitely in most top 10s. And I highly doubt Melvin is afraid of anything Kenny was bringing to the table

siver did beat george but it wasnt like he destroyed him, dos anjos destroyed him in the following fight. also dunham was in my top 10.....before the sherk fight. doesnt change the fact that he was no longer in the top 10 after that fight. im not saying siver isnt good or that i would be completely against him getting a title shot, others like diego who also never beat anyone in the top ten have gotten it. my original comment was towards how miller never beat a top 10 guy and yet was being considered for a title shot, in the end it doesnt change the fact that the dude was and is legit.

i do agree with u on the kenny thing. dont think melvin was scared of him, he was just scared of losing. he knows how to pick his fights and knows how much of a risk it would be to fight kenny who happens to be a more well rounded fighter than him and would of most lost. what i dont like about him is the whole comment he made when kenny said he wanted to fight him, mels response was no cus he didnt believe kenny was a top contender and he only wanted to fight for the title or a #1 contenders match. in the end kenny dropped down and mel went on to take a fight with roller, n now with lauzon.
Back to top Go down

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2