Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Edgar vs Maynard II

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Edgar vs Maynard II Empty
PostSubject: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11215&zoneid=13

If the shot does go to Maynard, there's no doubt he'd be quick to accept the fight. When responding to MMAWeekly.com via text message on Saturday about whether he’s hopeful to get the first shot at Edgar's title, Maynard responded accordingly.

"God I hope so! Please let that be the case," he replied.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 pm

It beter be a free fight cause I dont see it selling well
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 pm

It wouldn't be marketed as a main event. It'd be on the same card as another title fight. No way would they throw Edgar-Maynard out there as a headliner
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:45 pm

I will email the UFC myself and tell them I'll boycot buying this fight. The champion was r o b b e d and deserves an immediate rematch.

If fucking Shogun got one, BJ needs one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Edgar vs Maynard wouldn't be a main event? Does Thiago vs Rashad or Couture vs Coleman ring a bell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:46 pm

It has to be a headliner because its a title fight, but I'd mix in big name fight like Mir v JDS. At least someone like Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck, Rampage/Rashad loser.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:49 pm

It would be in a similar situation to the Penn-Edgar fight last night. Either with another title fight on the card or a big-time non title fight
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

This fight can happen after BJ gets his belt back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Dana made it sound like BJ wouldn't have to fight anyone else. That he gets winner of Maynard vs Edgar.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:04 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
It wouldn't be marketed as a main event. It'd be on the same card as another title fight. No way would they throw Edgar-Maynard out there as a headliner

couldnt be any worse than silva vs maja
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am

Edgar’s first title defense will expectedly be against either Gray Maynard or Kenny Florian. Maynard is unbeaten in the UFC and actually holds a dominant decision win over Edgar in a 2008 affair at UFC Fight Night 13. It was the only time to date where Edgar’s size disadvantage truly was a disadvantage as the bigger, stronger Maynard tossed the eventual lightweight champ around the Octagon like a rag doll.

“The Bully” might not be the most exciting fighter in the world, but he gets the job done. In his last five bouts, Maynard has defeated Nate Diaz, Roger Huerta, Jim Miller, Rich Clementi and Edgar. His latest victory over Diaz was not enough in the UFC’s eyes to warrant a title shot, which is why Edgar was chosen to fight for the title instead. But the fact of the matter is, Maynard dominated the current champion not long ago and that holds merit when it comes to selecting the next challenger.

http://new.heavy.com/mma/mma-previews/2010/04/whats-next-for-newly-crowned-champ-frankie-edgar/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 am

I will puke if Kenny gets the first crack at the title.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I will puke if Kenny gets the first crack at the title.

+1
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 am

i think penn should get a rematch and have Kenny and Maynard fight for the next shot
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i think penn should get a rematch and have Kenny and Maynard fight for the next shot

I don't have a problem with that. My impression from what Dana said at the post fight conference is this. Maynard vs Edgar with BJ getting the winner, not having to fight anyone before he gets his shot, just has to wait for the winner.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I still think Maynard should have to fight KenFlo. Just because Edgar took out BJ now all of a sudden he's ready for a title shot when he wasn't before? Make him fight Kenny and the winner can grab next shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgar vs Maynard II   Edgar vs Maynard II Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgar vs Maynard II
Page 1 of 1