Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Ninja
LA
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 pm

If he beats Masvidal....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Link ?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Call
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Even though I would like to see Gilbert vs winner of Frankie/Gray I think it should wait. It isn't like 170 where GSP had no contenders left because he beat everyone and they had to throw in Diaz. Guida/Bendo/Siver/Melvin are all in the running.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:24 pm

They are but who does Gil have to fight after Masvidal? Wilcox?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Showtime contract runs out in February
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Siver has no business getting a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Ali wrote:
Siver is definitely in the mix. If he beats Stout and a top contender I see him getting a title shot. I would like to see a Guida/Bendo matchup be made for the next title shot though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Ali wrote:
Siver is definitely in the mix. If he beats Stout and a top contender I see him getting a title shot. I would like to see a Guida/Bendo matchup be made for the next title shot though.

He was knocked out by Guillard and lost to Pearson, personally I thought Wiman should have been awared the decision at 132.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Clay Guida just said that he would not consider Melendez coming in and getting a shot first as a leap frog situation and that he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Ali wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Ali wrote:

He was knocked out by Guillard and lost to Pearson, personally I thought Wiman should have been awared the decision at 132.

Melvin got him in 08, no ones holding Melvin's loss to Nate Diaz against him.

But I'm not down for any of those guys getting it over Gil off a Masvidal win.

Maybe if they faced eachother and one guy dominated, but IDK, Melvin's got Lauzon, he'd need another win after that to me, Bendo beating Clay could do it, not high on Clay getting a shot over Gil personally.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:52 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
They are but who does Gil have to fight after Masvidal? Wilcox?

If Thomson gets the win vs Maximo, there is the completion of that trilogy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I suppose but since that fight he got a tough win against Healy, highly questionable decision against JZ, and got tossed around by Crusher
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Ali wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Ali wrote:

Still on a 4 fight winning streak if he beats stout and a contender you can't him a title shot. He is in the mix for a title shot. Just like any other fighter with a winning streak is in the mix for a title shot.
I don't see the agrument here.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:56 pm

He'd be 1-1 in his last 2, Crusher got him.

Eh just a random call, but with no real standout next guy in the UFC, Gil SF Champ and rolling if he beats Jorge, Showtime deal ending in Feb 2012, I just think they jump on it, but might happen later obviously.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I suppose but since that fight he got a tough win against Healy, highly questionable decision against JZ, and got tossed around by Crusher

Agree, that fight would prob have more to do with the completion of the trilogy then what Josh has accomplished lately.

And Coker might look to throw Josh a bone for old times sake on the way out the door.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 am

Im cool with Gil making the jump, he's been rolling, he's been highly ranked for a good while now, and if he can give us another performance along the lines of the dominant one he layed on Crusher then I think it would be perfectly acceptable.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 am

JT would be a set back IMO. He has not really lit it up since their second bout.

Thomson had a come from behind win vs. Healy, an iffy decision vs. JZ(i felt JZ won), was dominated by Crusher who was then dominated by Gil...Blanco is baddass prospect but he does not have enough standing for a win over him to warrant a rematch when Gil is ranked so highly with no fresh contenders in SF after Masvidal and is in line for a UFC title shot.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 am

The thing is, and I get completing the trilogy, but lets say Gil fights in late Dec, SF Showtime deal ends in Feb if they don't re-up, heard it has to be done by end of Sept, so time would be against that matchup. Not saying SF disappears when the Showtime deal ends, but they'd have to find a home for the fight you know.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:03 am

Taking Blanco BTW, he might not be ready for a guy like Josh, but what the hell.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 am

i got Blanco as well.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:12 am

imo siver and guillard have no business being considered for a title shot until they beat a highly ranked fighter. still the win streak both have accumilated does help their case. at the moment i see a fight between guida/henderson making sense for #1 contender.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:29 pm

I see them making Gil take the long road to the UFC title shot because he is a much more real threat to win it than Diaz is and he has never fought in the UFC before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
imo siver and guillard have no business being considered for a title shot until they beat a highly ranked fighter. still the win streak both have accumilated does help their case. at the moment i see a fight between guida/henderson making sense for #1 contender.

G-Sot and Dunham weren't highly ranked when Siver and Mel destroyed them? That's some serious revisionist history there my friend. It ain't that easy to keep beating top-10 ranked dudes when Eddie, Gil, Aoki, Crusher are all taking up spots on a lot of people's rankings
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:

G-Sot and Dunham weren't highly ranked when Siver and Mel destroyed them? That's some serious revisionist history there my friend. It ain't that easy to keep beating top-10 ranked dudes when Eddie, Gil, Aoki, Crusher are all taking up spots on a lot of people's rankings

well sorry but no, george was not a top 10 lw. i never drank the dana juice for this guy they were trying to build up.he was still the same george that got ko'd on tuf by speer.also dunham was also not in the top 10, he was comin off a loss to sherk(controversial) but still a loss. not saying those werent good wins for siver and mel but once again, people claiming miller never beat a top 10 should also look to see if others like mel and siver have ever beaten guys in the top 10. plus im not too high on mel since he ducked kenny earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012   Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melendez will fight the winner of Edgar/Maynard after February 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next