Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where does Hendo rank all-time?

Go down 
+6
josh200612
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 am

Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 am

ok my bad. i guess i didnt check back on it after 10 but still, a prime rampage couldnt beat forrest. close fight that could of gone either way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 am

He did beat Forrest, he beat Hendo and he beat Chuck twice.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 am

Hendo is top ten and Rampage would murder Forrest in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 am

freakzilla wrote:
He did beat Forrest, he beat Hendo and he beat Chuck twice.

ah no he didnt. this is only one board and half believe forrest won. other message boards are pretty much the same and believe it was a close fight but in the end forrest edged him. look up his record and you will see who rampage lost the belt to. if you believe he won than thats fine but in the end the slight majority of the mma community believe forrest won. not by much but still did enough to win. so in the end a prime rampage beat chuck and hendo but lost to forrest
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:33 am

josh200612 wrote:

sadly in real life, rampage couldnt even edge him. he did rock him a couple of times but thats about it.then again rampage hasnt ko'd a prime fighter since chuck 4 years ago
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 am

Hendo should get points for fighting up and down the weight scale as well.

He has 2 huge wins in Wandy and Fedor. A nice W over Franklin, beat Belfort. A whole bunch of other solid wins. All the title's already mentioned. Has never been KO'd. No bad losses at all, most of em vs legends in themselves. I've never really made an all time top 10. But he's got to be in there.

And he aint done yet.

Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 am

captain organic wrote:
Hendo should get points for fighting up and down the weight scale as well.

He has 2 huge wins in Wandy and Fedor. A nice W over Franklin, beat Belfort. A whole bunch of other solid wins. All the title's already mentioned. Has never been KO'd. No bad losses at all, most of em vs legends in themselves. I've never really made an all time top 10. But he's got to be in there.

And he aint done yet.

i agree. only thing though was the w over franklin, it wasnt nice and would of lost had it been a title fight but for sure he is in the top 10 all time.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 am

I meant it's nice as in it's a W over a high level guy. Strictly talking resume.

I won't accept the hypothetical critique here, it was not a title fight, he didn't train for a title fight, it was 3 rnds, and he got the W.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 am

captain organic wrote:
I meant it's nice as in it's a W over a high level guy. Strictly talking resume.

I won't accept the hypothetical critique here, it was not a title fight, he didn't train for a title fight, it was 3 rnds, and he got the W.

o ok. yeah imo his win over franklin was one of his best ones and like u said they both did train for a 3 rd fight.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:45 pm

hendo is between 5 and 10 for me, the HRT could benefit his longevity
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Hendo has to be at least fifth all time. Nobody has performed at such a high level in two weight classes, or looked as good as he has in a catchweight with someone who fought a weight class above his top weight before. The only thing that comes to mind is BJ against Machida. But I think Fedor was much more dangerous than Machida in all areas, especially for henderson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 pm

josh200612 wrote:

He had five rounds to do that and failed.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Like the question, but how about

How do you rank Hendo, Chuck and Randy all-time? I like that one.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm

1. Chuck
2a. Hendo
2b. Randy

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:59 pm

After looking closer at the resumes I think Dan has a better career than Randy.

1. Chuck
2. Dan
3. Couture.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Agree with Chuck as #1 of that trio. His win streaks of 8 and then 10 fights show that when in his prime, he was the more dominant of the 3. Taking the trilogy from Randy also gives him an edge there.

Dan vs Randy is very close. The 2 are pretty similar in many regards, including their wrestling pedigree's, their success at multiple weight as well as their late career success.

However I give Dan the edge based on better overall career win %, the lack of losses vs lower level guys, as well as Randy's numerous KO defeats.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am

Agree guys, I'd have it the same.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm

If I start rambling names without a lot of thought they fall like this for me. If I think about it things change but it would stay near this:
Fedor
GSP
Silva
Lidell
Hughes
Dan
Penn
Couture
Nog
Silva
Rua
Shamrock
Ortiz
Jackson
Gomi
Coleman
Gracie
Aldo
Franklin
Militech
Bas
Fitch
Shields
Cop
Faber
Machida
Mardquart
Kos
Aoki
Cruz
Torres

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does Hendo rank all-time?   rank - Where does Hendo rank all-time? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does Hendo rank all-time?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2